Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for a full Ps1 Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

Dude most of the Final Fantasy games only have 3 characters.
    What am I supossed to expect.

An RPG that takes 20 plus hours to be actually playable
    and that 20 hours is all tutorial.

Having to change out your party to level up all 6 characters...
    Its also bad game mechanics to make the game longer and
    majority of the game is linear.

Having some of the most annoying characters in the whole
    franchise.

is known as being unbalanced and the worst game in the franchise.

If your spamming me and spoiling the thread about this then you are a fanboy.

Im trying to be nice and letting you having your opinion and end this conversation.

Its only a game and your spoiling my thread.

Your trying to say your good at rpgs and Im not.
    That I didn't know what I was doing.
    I was doing something wrong.
    I don't know the game mechanics.
    Im bad at the game.

I will beat you in a speed run of any jrpg and take you off of that high horse.
    Final Fantasy.
    Dragon Quest.
    Dark Souls
    Persona
    Shin megami tensei.

I used all my potions before the fight.
    I only leveled up 3 characters that
    I choose to be in my party.
    I cant even remember it was so long ago ive played
    dozens of rpgs since.

Then the game wouldnt let me choose
    the paradign I needed to win the battle
    because I wanted to have a melee orientated team.
    Without potions I cant win with that team.

While your probally went magic orientated and
    had stacked up on potions.

Dude I would for you to play my save file and lose
    time after time and for me to swap that character out
    grind and beat him and show you how unbalanced the game is.

I was close to sending you about 10 forums discussing how
    magic orientated the game is and its unbalanced if you dont
    follow this.

I played the game in March in 2010 !! its been over three years
    Its only a game,I was trying to respect your opinion that you like it but Ihonestly dont care about it or want to talk about it,I played it years ago and I have been nice about it
    trying to move away from this subject.Next Im gonna be told
    Im not a video game fan for final fantasy 7 not being my favorite.!

Im done this conversation,Now back to ps1 collecting

Ps.I frecking love Legend of Dragoon !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems like you built an unbalanced team rather than the game being unbalanced. That there is kind of not understanding the game. You can't call the game unbalanced when you failed to utilise all the skills it gives you, for example magic and 3 other characters it gives and as I'm saying again doesn't require you to grind to level up.

I was just trying to figure out why you were having trouble with it and maybe help you with it. And I was defending FFXIII because it does do so many things wrong but I think the battle system and music where the only two things the game did really well.

I apologise man if I was going unreasonable in the last post.
    I went a bit overboard.

I haven't played the game in 3 years and I lent it to a friend soon after and never got it back.So it's hard to remember because Its been so long and I've played so many jrpgs since.I can bearly remember how I played it.

I will give it that the music is okay.
    I'm a big fan of serahs theme.

How was I sapposed to know I built an unbalanced team ?
    It is unbalanced towards melee builds

I was beating every boss and enemy with no problem and I felt over powered up til that boss

It's the games job
    To convey to me when I build a balanced team and it Failed to do so and it was too late when it did.

I had two melee,One magic
    Why have 6 characters if I have to
    Use 2 of them no matter what to be balanced.
    I found out at that boss and it wasn't game breaking to fix but I didn't like the game and chose not to fix it and continue further.That is all there is to it.

Now as I said can we end this debate because I really don't want to talk about that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kealy1994 wrote: »
    Ps.I frecking love Legend of Dragoon !!

This more serious matter still needs to be addressed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Welcome to nerd central, population: 2 ;-)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This more serious matter still needs to be addressed :D

Lol This is another debate for another time

We cool man ? Even after this heated debate ? : )

Maybe one day we can drunkenly play jrpgs and laugh at this one day ! : )

I was joking, I could go on forever about how much I hate Legend of Dragoon, nobody wants that.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

I was joking, I could go on forever about how much I hate Legend of Dragoon, nobody wants that.

I Do.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Way to liven up one of the most interminable pursuits ever, collecting every PS game.. ;)

just took picture of 99% of my collection xD.

http://imgur.com/a/vRleG#0

p.s list of what rpgs I'm missing, goal is to collect ever rpg on the ps1/2/3, not as grand as ever ps1 game, but still hard lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Flaregon wrote: »

p.s list of what rpgs I'm missing, goal is to collect ever rpg on the ps1/2/3, not as grand as ever ps1 game, but still hard lol.

Same as my goal oddly enough! I think I've just a few obscure-ish pal games left before I'm onto ntsc ones.

Same as my goal oddly enough! I think I've just a few obscure-ish pal games left before I'm onto ntsc ones.

ill get any from any ware lol, region = not a problem, hacked ps2, plays any region.

what u missing anyway ?

Only problem with PAL games when it comes to RPGs is that the PAL slow down tends to kill the pace of them.

When I get money I'll probably get all my RPGs as NTSC and then sell the PAL ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When I get money I'll probably get all my RPGs as NTSC and then sell the PAL ones.

Or you could do what I did & sell the PAL ones first, to fund the NTSC replacements. After I was finished doing the Snes carts, I had made money so bought a few extra carts.

The worst titles are the harder to get.
    Have you gotten the Gta Double Feature,Im looking for that atm?
    I still havent found blues clues,blues big musical..

Nice Castlevania Chronicles ! : ) You have alot of the good jrpgs on the ps2 there

Nice Castlevania Chronicles ! : ) You have alot of the good jrpgs on the ps2 there

Got it in the rage a few weeks back, just learned the ps3 can play ps1, my ps2 cant for some reason, it hacked to play any region but lost its back wards compatibility lol.

P.s just remember a game to add to my list of must gets.

Dragoon
    Digimon world
    Tombi & 2

"Treasures of the Deep" oh the memory's.

Got it in the rage a few weeks back, just learned the ps3 can play ps1, my ps2 cant for some reason, it hacked to play any region but lost its back wards compatibility lol.

P.s just remember a game to add to my list of must gets.

Dragoon
    Digimon world
    Tombi & 2

"Treasures of the Deep" oh the memory's.

Man Digimon world is my favourite game of all time.It has many flaws and its not very accurate to the anime but it brings back memory's every time I play it : )

How much did you charge you ? The prices are hit or miss there really

• Advertisement

Man Digimon world is my favourite game of all time.It has many flaws and its not very accurate to the anime but it brings back memory's every time I play it : )

How much did you charge you ? The prices are hit or miss there really

Yah dem feels, dam now that I remember must add monster rancher to my list of must gets.
    29.95, I got it to get my vaina on XD.

I go to the book store and game exchange 2, prices are ok but there selection is a lot smaller you should pop in thought they have a few odd ball game there.

The worst titles are the harder to get.
    Have you gotten the Gta Double Feature,Im looking for that atm?
    I still havent found blues clues,blues big musical..

Ah no, my goal was to collect playstation jrpgs like Flaregon, not the whole ps1 collection!

Always wondered about the idea of a full collection, I think dreamcast is meant to be the easiest one to do. Have you the total amount of pal playstation releases? Do you have any stipulations regarding conditions of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah no, my goal was to collect playstation jrpgs like Flaregon, not the whole ps1 collection!

Always wondered about the idea of a full collection, I think dreamcast is meant to be the easiest one to do. Have you the total amount of pal playstation releases? Do you have any stipulations regarding conditions of the games?

Virtual Boy not be quicker?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Virtual Boy not be quicker?

Fair enough, decent point.

Easiest may not be the quickest though. Relative to cost, ability to find in the wild and whatnot. Everything virtual boy is more than likely going to come from eBay at market value, while you could pick up dreamcast lots on adverts etc. There's only about 10 or so expensive titles and none of them are that much. Priciest game is probably less than 3 figures still.

Neo Geo Pocket is by far the easiest full collection you can get. The rarest games won't set you back more than 80 euros. Even the virtual boy has a few games that will set you back more than a grand.

Neo Geo Pocket is by far the easiest full collection you can get. The rarest games won't set you back more than 80 euros. Even the virtual boy has a few games that will set you back more than a grand.

Presuming that's referencing unboxed. Uk versions of Evolution and pocket reversi go for 150+. If you can find anyone selling them in the first place that is.

Yah dem feels, dam now that I remember must add monster rancher to my list of must gets.
    29.95, I got it to get my vaina on XD.

I go to the book store and game exchange 2, prices are ok but there selection is a lot smaller you should pop in thought they have a few odd ball game there.

I know the old guy very well in the shop in talbot street.
    I'm probably his most frequent and
    Hated customer.

He won't pay more than a euro or two or less a game.Values it by amazon and puts a 10-20 price mark on it.

He under values store credit and I brought him in a few stuff and he told me he wouldn't be able to sell it but if he did he'd throw me a game then he sold it within a week and never mentioned it.

I usually go in and make offers
    On what I want Like his sega mega drive games
    Are 10-15
    I asked would he do 3 for 20
    He said he'd do 3 for 25
    I asked would he do 4 for 30
    So I picked up
    Ghouls and ghosts
    World of illusion
    Castle of illusion
    Street fighter 2

So I'd end up paying half of what eBay charges.But he probably paid 4-8 euro for them.

Me and my friend used to track down
    People selling their old games or go into markets/charity shops.

We used to keep the ones we want,Sell/trade.the good ones we didn't and give him the bad ones..To use as credit and he'd make the prices higher so we'd end up paying retail and giving it to him for free.So I start haggling and making offers.

He used to recheck the prices of the games to make sure he didnt underprice and he would refuse to sell if he did depending on the customer.

So don't feel bad about making offers
    Because he does the same with trade ins.
    When you walk in haggle and bundle stuff and make him offers.

I'm going in Thursday to game hunt send me a pm if you want to tag along : ) pm me if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Presuming that's referencing unboxed. Uk versions of Evolution and pocket reversi go for 150+. If you can find anyone selling them in the first place that is.

Indeed. If you're collecting NGP unboxed games you're doing it wrong. They've by far one of the nicest game boxes, ever.

If we're talking PAL (as it's the only way to go!) then Evolution, Pocket Reversi, Coolboarders and Faselei! will all cost you a decent sum.

Still one of the easier sets to put together alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ngage?
    Regards Virtual Boy, I was only thinking money no cost that it would be easiest.

Wait,wait and wait! Surely the WiiU would be the easiest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement