Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for a full Ps1 Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

o1s1n wrote: »
    Back in the PS1 days, people's gaming choices weren't as pigeon holed as they are now.

When I was in secondary school, everyone was playing FF VII. Literally everyone. From nerds to scumbags. And they were all like that with most games. I can remember talking to the most illiterate person going about how great Parasite Eve was.

It's not like now where you have a large group of folks who only play COD and Fifa 20XX.

Therefore there were people who would have played LoD back then who also bought 50 Cent Bullet Proof - without a doubt.

I've never played LoD by the way, just listened to Retr0's many arguments and reasoning about how bad it is. Will give it a go some day to see if there's any weight to his argument.

The fact that he stands over the Zelda CDi games so much worries me somewhat... :pac:

Back when I was young we only had a handful of people
    who were into anime and Final Fantasy.
    I don't even think the rest of the class knew what
    final fantasy or anime was.They know nothing about JRPGS.

They were all off playing Fifa,Resident evil,Crash Bandicoot etc on the ps1.
    We use to sit around playing Pokemon games and kindly asking people to get out of out light and talking about who would win 'sephiroth or Goku from Dragonball Z'

Those were the times...Even tho I was about 6 or 7 lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was listening to retronauts and I think it was either Chris Kohler or Ray Barnholt who owned a game store at the launch of FFVII and they said half the copies were returned by people saying they didn't know you had to read in the game :) You have to remember it was sold on TV on it's cutscenes, the game was never sold. A nice stealth tactic by Square to get more people to pick up an RPG when they normally wouldn't.

I remember at the time I used to laugh at RPGs and say they were crap. At the time one of the my favourite games was Shining Force but I didn't even realise it was an RPG so that tells you everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,557 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Another reason not to listen to youtubers and populist games journalism. They might be flawed and not the best games ever but they are pretty good, far from contenders for the worst game ever lists. The third game that most of them seem to say is good is however one of the worst games ever made. It's pretty obvious they never played the games or at least never played them on original hardware.

You had me play them on original hardware and although it might not have been for long, I wanted to break your CDi :pac:

That side scrolling one was akin to Dark Castle.
    Kealy1994 wrote: »
    Back when I was young we only had a handful of people
    who were into anime and Final Fantasy.
    I don't even think the rest of the class knew what
    final fantasy or anime was.They know nothing about JRPGS.

They were all off playing Fifa,Resident evil,Crash Bandicoot etc on the ps1.
    We use to sit around playing Pokemon games and kindly asking people to get out of out light and talking about who would win 'sephiroth or Goku from Dragonball Z'

Those were the times...Even tho I was about 6 or 7 lol

Ah now, 6 or 7 is a bit of a push for kids to be playing JRPGs! I'm talking more about teenagers and kids in secondary school. You wouldn't believe how huge FF VII was when it came out - everyone would be talking about it in the corridors between classes and on lunch breaks. There were even TV ads. (can't say I ever really remember seeing ads for specific games around that era)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You had me play them on original hardware and although it might not have been for long, I wanted to break your CDi :pac:

That side scrolling one was akin to Dark Castle.

Well the controls when you are jumping are pretty terrible and the delay in getting your shield up takes a while to get used. It's unfortunately one of those games you have to put a little time into before it clicks and you start enjoying it. Those jumping sections are pretty unforgivable in fairness :) It doesn't help that you have to use third party controllers on the machine as well like the squeaky piece of **** I had!

FFVII was massive of release, it's the second best selling game on the system ever. I don't think it's for kids aged 6 or 7. Christ I only got my first C64 on the Christmas just before my 8th birthday! Kids these days!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Was listening to retronauts and I think it was either Chris Kohler or Ray Barnholt who owned a game store at the launch of FFVII and they said half the copies were returned by people saying they didn't know you had to read in the game :) You have to remember it was sold on TV on it's cutscenes, the game was never sold. A nice stealth tactic by Square to get more people to pick up an RPG when they normally wouldn't.

I remember at the time I used to laugh at RPGs and say they were crap. At the time one of the my favourite games was Shining Force but I didn't even realise it was an RPG so that tells you everything :)

maybe i'm a bit older, but when ff7 came out everyone i knew was raving about it, it was a huge hit IMO, a natural progression from the more child orientated zelda series for many. back in those days everyone bought gaming mags so i cant see how any would be under the illusion it was anything other than what it was?

• Advertisement

Another reason not to listen to youtubers and populist games journalism. They might be flawed and not the best games ever but they are pretty good, far from contenders for the worst game ever lists. The third game that most of them seem to say is good is however one of the worst games ever made. It's pretty obvious they never played the games or at least never played them on original hardware.

The youtubers I watch have physical copys and play on the original hardware.They are collectors more than reviewers.The IGN type crowd
    are the type to play on emulators and have a biased opinion.
    They give every unknown decent game from Japan a low score because
    they are call of duty fanboys and Jessica Chobit or the rest of them knows as much about gaming as I know about Rocket Science which is not very much at all.

I highly doubt thousands of people give legend of Dragoon high praise
    because they all played it as a kid and enjoyed it and now over rate it because of nostalgia.Especially when Legend of Dragoon came out near the end of the life of the ps1,When everyone would have gotten a ps2.That is why I find most people I watch who reviewed legend of dragoon,never played it til many years after its release.

Like me.I played it this year and liked it.I know many people who played
    it later in life and loved it.It has a few flaws not anymore than any other JRPG on the system.I would definately reccomend it before final Fantasy 7 because if theirs a game thats over rated..it deserves a prize.

Master of the Universe

maybe i'm a bit older, but when ff7 came out everyone i knew was raving about it, it was a huge hit IMO, a natural progression from the more child orientated zelda series for many. back in those days everyone bought gaming mags so i cant see how any would be under the illusion it was anything other than what it was?

He's talking about Legend of Dragoon being crap, not FF VII ;)

Also if Legend of Dragoon is a rip off of Final Fantasy.
    Final Fantasy is a rip off of Dragon quest/warrior.

Not everyone is as clued in as most other people and you have to remember that this happened in 'murica. As for FFVII being a natural progression from zelda, zelda isn't a RPG. FFVII really didn't make much progression as a game since Chrono Trigger and FFVI came before it and it's very similar. To us europeans it seemed new since we never got those games.
    I would definately reccomend it before final Fantasy 7 because if theirs a game thats over rated..it deserves a prize.

I'd recommend FFVII first because it's actually fun and generic and dull. I could see LoD actually putting people off RPGs. My girlfriend played LoD recently. She had to give up after an hour it was so bad. Youtube reviewers are as bad as the IGN crowd. Just look at youtube reviews of Goldeneye just to see how much nostalgia can colour reviews. It's near unplayable now but many will claim it's still one of the best FPS games ever made. A good reviewer will be able to look back on stuff objectively without nostalgia colouring their view.

Also if Legend of Dragoon is a rip off of Final Fantasy.
    Final Fantasy is a rip off of Dragon quest/warrior.

FF1 was a rip off of Dragon Quest however I'd actually say it's more a rip off of Wizardry with art stolen from D&D rulebooks. After FF1, Dragon Quest stayed quietly innovating slowly while FF differentiated itself by totally reinventing it's gameplay with every entry. FF and Dragon Quest are very different beasts and it's FF's reinvention with each iteration which defines the series.

Now were LoD rips off FFVII is in it's story. To give the game credit the battle system is very different even if it's terrible and cribs from Mario RPG or FFVIII's gunblade more than anything. LoD is so obviously designed by marketing men that instead of making a game they wanted to play they looked at what was popular and stole from it. So you have a character with mysterious past that acts like an asshole. You spend most of the game chasing after a Sephiroth clone for half the game just like in FFVII. They also try to make you like a character ( and utterly fail, he's a totally boring goody too shoes cardboard cut-out ) who he then kills. They managed to really mess that up, I was delighted he was going to die and saw it coming a mile away. He might as well have been shouting 'love me, I want you to feel when I die!'.

There was no originality there. While FFVII fails at being deep and meaningful at least it tries. LoD on the other hand just has you chasing after MacGuffins with silly names, the modus operandi of dull RPGs with no originality.

It's just so designed by committee. It's trying to be everything to everyone and failing miserably to do any of it due to a deep misunderstanding of story, it's audience and how JRPGs work. It's like the Resident Evil 6 of JRPGs.

• Advertisement

Not everyone is as clued in as most other people and you have to remember that this happened in 'murica. As for FFVII being a natural progression from zelda, zelda isn't a RPG. FFVII really didn't make much progression as a game since Chrono Trigger and FFVI came before it and it's very similar. To us europeans it seemed new since we never got those games.

I'd recommend FFVII first because it's actually fun and generic and dull. I could see LoD actually putting people off RPGs. My girlfriend played LoD recently. She had to give up after an hour it was so bad. Youtube reviewers are as bad as the IGN crowd. Just look at youtube reviews of Goldeneye just to see how much nostalgia can colour reviews. It's near unplayable now but many will claim it's still one of the best FPS games ever made. A good reviewer will be able to look back on stuff objectively without nostalgia colouring their view.

Lets forget Legend of Dragoon for now.
    You dont Like Goldeneye....

Goldeneye was one of the most important FPS games ever made. Unlike stuff like Halo which where very similar to stuff on PC, Goldeneye differentiated itslef and managed to hugely affect the way FPS games were made. At the time there wasn't much else comparable to it until Half-Life came along.

And well it's Half -Life that ruined Goldeneye. Everything before Half-Life seemed dated because it was such a huge advancement for the genre.

While I think Goldeneye was hugely important it's very old hat now. It's been totally surpassed by later games in the genre.

The biggest factor affecting how it plays is the framerate. It runs at a maximum of 30 FPS but it never hits that cap and usually hovers at an inconsistent 15-20 FPS. As a noob game designer I know that for an action game like Goldeneye 15-20 FPS is aboslutely criminal and introduces horrendous lag into the controls. It means that now that Goldeneye isn't the height of technical and gameplay innovation in the genre you can't forgive that low frame rate that makes the game today near unplayable. It's unfortunately what happens in a genre like FPS were the goal posts are constantly taking massive strides forward and leaving older games seem so dated.

Goldeneye was one of the most important FPS games ever made. Unlike stuff like Halo which where very similar to stuff on PC, Goldeneye differentiated itslef and managed to hugely affect the way FPS games were made. At the time there wasn't much else comparable to it until Half-Life came along.

And well it's Half -Life that ruined Goldeneye. Everything before Half-Life seemed dated because it was such a huge advancement for the genre.

While I think Goldeneye was hugely important it's very old hat now. It's been totally surpassed by later games in the genre.

The biggest factor affecting how it plays is the framerate. It runs at a maximum of 30 FPS but it never hits that cap and usually hovers at an inconsistent 15-20 FPS. As a noob game designer I know that for an action game like Goldeneye 15-20 FPS is aboslutely criminal and introduces horrendous lag into the controls. It means that now that Goldeneye isn't the height of technical and gameplay innovation in the genre you can't forgive that low frame rate that makes the game today near unplayable. It's unfortunately what happens in a genre like FPS were the goal posts are constantly taking massive strides forward and leaving older games seem so dated.

Xbox 360 games don't even run at 30 frames per second anymore.
    They run at an average of 26 frames per second and they are even
    making the games 720p to deal with the high poly count in games and get
    it to run close to 30 frames per second.

while if you have a very powerful PC you can play those games at double that frame per second.

Maybe you should stop playing shooters on modern consoles because their dated and inferior to pc.

Golden eye still stands up.the game is very stealthy compared
    to run and gun shooter games and I have never seen the frames
    per second become so low that its unplayable.

By saying Goldeneye dosen't stand up.Your basically saying
    neither does perfect dark or jet force gemini,Doom etc.

Master of the Universe

Don't lump Doom in with all that N64 crap :pac:

Don't lump Doom in with all that N64 crap :pac:
    It was on the n64 ! : )

Master of the Universe

It was on the n64 ! : )

Oh, Doom 64? I try to pretend that game doesn't exist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Golden eye still stands up.the game is very stealthy compared
    to run and gun shooter games and I have never seen the frames
    per second become so low that its unplayable.

By saying Goldeneye dosen't stand up.Your basically saying
    neither does perfect dark or jet force gemini,Doom etc.

As a lover of Goldeneye, and someone who played through the whole thing many times in an effort to beat each difficulty level and unlock most (not all, didn't have the patience for that!) of the cheats... it doesn't hold up, for the reasons that Retr0 stated. I'm not saying it's not a good game, just that it's painful to play because of the poor frame rate and the inconsistencies in the frame rate.

Perfect Dark is probably worse in that regard. It was never quite as good as Goldeneye back in the day, and holds up worse than Goldeneye does.

The way you guys are going on you would swear you hated retro gaming.

If we should stop playing all the n64 shooters because they dont hold up
    then we should stop playing pac man on arcade/atari/nes because there
    is a hd version on Xbox live arcade.

We should stop playing racing games because the newer mario karts,
    wipeout,gran turismos look and play better.

We should stop playing snes/ps1 rpgs because the newer ones
    are fully voice acted and use highly detailed 3d models and they are HD.

That's the sort of impression I'm getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I was never into rating old games based on modern precepts, only the 'elite' handful of games will ever manage to hold up against standards set ten or twenty years after they came out.

Some games are a pain, because of limitations of their era no doubt, but realistically how can we ask games to stand the test of time when technological limitations play such a part in how they are judged?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I like to think it's about celebrating games that do hold up, as opposed to sullying the notion of retro-gaming with blind nostalgia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

In fairness, I think you're reading a lot into what's being said that is not actually what is being said at all. The majority of the best old retro games are still amazingly good. A lot of them are better than a lot of the modern remakes/HD versions/reimaginings. Some great games unfortunately are difficult to play now because of the limitations of the hardware that were easier to overlook back in the day because we'd not experienced anything better! Am I saying anyone should not play Goldeneye, or that it's stopped being a great game? No, it's still one of my favourite games of all time. It's just not as much fun as it used to be because it's now quite painful to play.
    But sit me down with an N64 and it's still one of the first carts I'd reach for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think if Games are really ever to be viewed as art, you have to look at the inherent 'art' behind the finished product. By focusing on the technical limitations of old games/systems, & judging them by todays standards, you're kinda bypassing the product itself.

To use another art form analogy, it's like saying "Well, I find Total Recall a real pain to watch these days because the special effects are so old by todays standards." You'd be missing the point, & missing out on the actual art {the story told through the medium of film}. Some people do that, but film fans won't.

Games are the same, why rate them based on what limitations were present at the time? Why not look past the limitations, & look at the product? Was Goldeneye a good game for its story? It's immersion? If so, then fair enough, if not, fair enough...at least you're judging the game, not what makes it a chore to play decades after it came out.

When popular music came along, was traditional music no longer acceptable? Was classical music no longer acceptable because newer instruments came along? No, they became separate niches, like the way retro gaming has gone. If you're not looking at games as art, then you're looking at games as products, which they are too of course.

Games and films are different though. I mean if something like Goldeneye is held back by technical limitations and it doesn't play well because of them it's just not right to pretend that these limitations don't exist when they do.

In terms of films as well it's not a great analogy. If the effects don't hold up then they don't but does it spoil the film? More than likely not. When it's something like Goldeneye and it's framerate which actively does affect your enjoyment of the game (you can say it doesn't but you are lying to yourself. Take it from a game developer, lower framerate severely hampers play control) then is it right to ignore that as well.

I'm all for objective criticism. Goldeneye doesn't hold up and it's not objective criticism to say otherwise, you are letting nostalgia cloud your judgement if you say it doesn't. However it's also not objective criticism to also mention and celebrate just how important a game it was.

As for dismissing all old FPS games, it's true a lot don't hold up but stuff like Blood and System Shock are still amazing experiences while there's absolutely nothing like Doom and how it plays like a cross between Gauntlet and Robotron in 3D. Aged graphics won't take away you enjoyment of a game but a bad framerate will, there's no denying that. Yes new games have a problem with framerate being locked to 30FPS and with V-Sync. It's not ideal but it is a consistent framerate that drops below 30 rarely. Goldeneye on the other hand never reaches it's 30 FPS limit (well sometimes. Walk right up to a wall and stare at it and the controls and framerate become so much smoother). In fact the framerate hovers around 15-20 and is inconsistent which really affects gameplay. Set off an explosion and that framerate dips to 5 or below.

@Enternow, you'll notice that stuff that does age well is usually something that works within the limitations of the medium. Films like Starship Troopers look have great looking CGI because they didn't use it often and complimented it with models and using amputees for the stunts. They knew they couldn't pull the whole lot off with CGI so they didn't bother (except with that scene of Rico on the Bug). Lots of other films then have really ropey CGI.

It's kind of the same with games, make a game that works within the limitations of the system and it will never age.

Then again where would we be if games didn't push the boundaries. Stuff like Starfox, Goldeneye, Elite. GTA 3 should never been attempted on they systems they were but by doing it they pushed the industry forward and made gaming a richer place.

So it's best to look at things both ways. Yes Goldeneye is barely playable but it's worth playing and analysing as a history lesson because if it didn't happen we would have been playing bad Doom clones for a lot longer and stuff like Thief that are directly influenced would never have happened. Even though Goldeneye had really ropey stealth mechanics that liked to break it predated MGS and Thief.

Games and films are different though. I mean if something like Goldeneye is held back by technical limitations and it doesn't play well because of them it's just not right to pretend that these limitations don't exist when they do.

In terms of films as well it's not a great analogy. If the effects don't hold up then they don't but does it spoil the film? More than likely not. When it's something like Goldeneye and it's framerate which actively does affect your enjoyment of the game (you can say it doesn't but you are lying to yourself. Take it from a game developer, lower framerate severely hampers play control) then is it right to ignore that as well.

I'm all for objective criticism. Goldeneye doesn't hold up and it's not objective criticism to say otherwise, you are letting nostalgia cloud your judgement if you say it doesn't. However it's also not objective criticism to also mention and celebrate just how important a game it was.

As for dismissing all old FPS games, it's true a lot don't hold up but stuff like Blood and System Shock are still amazing experiences while there's absolutely nothing like Doom and how it plays like a cross between Gauntlet and Robotron in 3D. Aged graphics won't take away you enjoyment of a game but a bad framerate will, there's no denying that. Yes new games have a problem with framerate being locked to 30FPS and with V-Sync. It's not ideal but it is a consistent framerate that drops below 30 rarely. Goldeneye on the other hand never reaches it's 30 FPS limit (well sometimes. Walk right up to a wall and stare at it and the controls and framerate become so much smoother). In fact the framerate hovers around 15-20 and is inconsistent which really affects gameplay. Set off an explosion and that framerate dips to 5 or below.

Enternow is right.
    Man thats like saying don't watch any of those black and white
    sci fi classics because there is no color,bad audio and it has no
    special effects just tricks and animatronics.

Thats the reason why animatronics is dying out in movies.

With that mindset your better off throwing all your retro games
    in the bin because there outdated and not fun.

You Study game development but so do I that dosen't make either of us
    a game developer and I don't see where that comes in or is relevent.Unless you made a game for a console that pushed its limitations.

I've made a few demos, made a game in a gamejam competition and currently finishing up an iOS app and handing it over to the client at the end of the month. I'm the lead programmer on the game aspect of it. You can deny it all you like but framerate severely impacts on playabilit, it's a fact. Sure just read some digital foundry articles, it always comes up. I ran into it myself. Had to use Stencyl for my first game demo. I was quite proud of it but stencyl being a slow piece of **** slowed my game down to 25 fps so it wasn't nearly as smooth as I'd hoped for.

And no, as I said in my post the film analogy doesn't hold true. You can't just compare games with film, it's a strawman argument and doesn't hold up anyway. You're completely miss understanding the point I'm trying to raise. I also think Enternow is agreeing with me as well but I'll let him reply to that.

I've made a few demos, made a game in a gamejam competition and currently finishing up an iOS app and handing it over to the client at the end of the month. I'm the lead programmer on the game aspect of it. You can deny it all you like but framerate severely impacts on playabilit, it's a fact. Sure just read some digital foundry articles, it always comes up. I ran into it myself. Had to use Stencyl for my first game demo. I was quite proud of it but stencyl being a slow piece of **** slowed my game down to 25 fps so it wasn't nearly as smooth as I'd hoped for.

And no, as I said in my post the film analogy doesn't hold true. You can't just compare games with film, it's a strawman argument and doesn't hold up anyway. You're completely miss understanding the point I'm trying to raise. I also think Enternow is agreeing with me as well but I'll let him reply to that.

I have worked on many games in various game jams,just because you make a game in 24 hours dosen't make you a game developer.
    Unless your doing it for a living or have completed a full retail game.
    An ios app isn't a game and demos ? you mean prototypes I think
    anyone who studys game development builds dozens of these.

Stencyl,Game salad etc are programmes for people new to game development so they can create easy games and there 2d programmes.
    It practically builds the game for you,
    You would want to build a high poly shooter game that puts restraint
    on your PC using Unity,Source,Unreal or for some people their own engine.

If you do then ill take your point into consideration about you being an expert in 3d frame rate.

Back then games didn't run at 30 fps.They were blocky and had bad
    camera angles at the time and they are still fun today to play even if they
    dont live up to your standards of today's technology.

All games from all previous generations weren't as technically
    advanced as the generation that came after it.Like HD is
    a new thing to video games.64 bit was new after the 8.16 and 32 bit generations.Just because newer consoles run at a higher frame rate now dosent mean they weren't playable at a lower frame rate back in the day.

What is wrong with you is your spoiled with today's technology that
    the older games arent up to your standards.There like pennys runners versus Name brand shoes they arent the latest and greatest but they do the job which is bring you entertainment involving video games in my analogy.I don't care about frame rate and that's why I don't care about
    the small difference in quality between NTSC and PAL games.

I have played PC games on a low powered pc and had low frame rate
    and enjoyed the gameplay because I dont need to have things to render
    lightning fast for them to be playable.

I respect your opinion if you don't like Golden eye but I never had this game as a kid and I only picked it up ta few years ago and I find it fun even tho it may not be as impressive as half life.

You will reason with yourself to make any excuse to put down something and that's close minded.This is why this is all I have to say on this matter
    and ill update this thread with some ps1 games I picked up very soon.

You don't have to be an expert in 3D games to know that framerate affects playability in a big way. If you had a modded console with a 50/60 Hz switch you can see for yourself that even the 10 FPS difference between PAL and NTSC makes a massive difference to playability. Again you can bury your head in the sand about this but it's not going to make you right.

As for being spoiled by new technology. no I haven't. Framerates have gotten worse in console games. 30FPS is standard now and then when you shove on v-sync, triple buffering and even deferred rendering engines on top you get even more control latency. It's like a lot of developers have gone backwards in this regard.

I'd consider myself quite open minded in my opinions about games. I make up my own mind about them and don't let reviewers make up my mind for me. I used to get serious flak a few years ago if I dare mention Goldeneye having not aged well. Now I find most gamers have the same opinion and even many publications have changed their tune. I'm not saying you can't have fun with goldeneye but with those technical difficulties severely hampering playability it's a real chore to play.

You don't have to be an expert in 3D games to know that framerate affects playability in a big way. If you had a modded console with a 50/60 Hz switch you can see for yourself that even the 10 FPS difference between PAL and NTSC makes a massive difference to playability. Again you can bury your head in the sand about this but it's not going to make you right.

As for being spoiled by new technology. no I haven't. Framerates have gotten worse in console games. 30FPS is standard now and then when you shove on v-sync, triple buffering and even deferred rendering engines on top you get even more control latency. It's like a lot of developers have gone backwards in this regard.

I'd consider myself quite open minded in my opinions about games. I make up my own mind about them and don't let reviewers make up my mind for me. I used to get serious flak a few years ago if I dare mention Goldeneye having not aged well. Now I find most gamers have the same opinion and even many publications have changed their tune. I'm not saying you can't have fun with goldeneye but with those technical difficulties severely hampering playability it's a real chore to play.

You were kind of giving me the impression your opinion was the only opinion but now were sort of on the same page but I'm over it so lets digress.

• Advertisement

ps1g9.JPG
    Finally got My destructo 2,its one the rarest ps1 games
    but theres quite a few sealed on ebay due to a factory find in germany recently
    and they are not very expensive due to people not really knowing about it.

The deal feel through with Hercs adventure because its a very hard to find game
    even online sometimes but its extremely hard to find game if your looking for the UK/Irish version variant
    in particular with the english text on the back.Your lucky to see one show up on ebay
    every 6 months to a year.Similar to rule of rose just rarer.
    The guy I was getting mine from told me it was a UK variant but end up being
    Italian or French so thats why I haven't got that yet.

(I used a stick image because I cant find my camera to take a picture)

Advertisement