Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Does google music still have issue reading mp3 tags? I found when I had music on my phone it couldn't read the tags properly at all and songs would play out of order even though I have tagged them correctly with mp3tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

RangeR wrote: »
    Heavily recommend Google Music app. Stream your music form the cloud is very liberating. No more taking up space on the device.

I found that I couldn't control what Google music was doing in the background. I use wake lock detector, and the music app was chewing away at the battery even when it wasn't running.

I use shuttle+ as my player now, very clean interface and no issues with battery drain.

I put the Samsung player from the s4 onto my s3 and it's a good improvement over the older version. The only thing I don't like is when you browse to an artist, it shows all the tracks for each album in a list. I'd prefer if it just showed the album names, it would be much easier to browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭corkie

Any people recommend an app for playing their music on a S3?

Why not gave poweramp a try. It's probably been mentioned a few times in this thread, but the length of this thread I don't blame you for not reading it all!

There is trial version and you can pay to get an unlocker to turn it to the full version. It's probably the most used app on my phone sony xperia u.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uLp0LIqU8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭steve_r

corkie wrote: »
    Why not gave poweramp a try. It's probably been mentioned a few times in this thread, but the length of this thread I don't blame you for not reading it all!

There is trial version and you can pay to get an unlocker to turn it to the full version. It's probably the most used app on my phone sony xperia u.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uLp0LIqU8

I use Realplayer myself but might give Poweramp ago. One problem I have with it is that I add/delete tracks from my SD card a lot. I have to refresh it every time. Is this something I can avoid if I use Google Music/Poweramp/other?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭corkie

steve_r wrote: »
    One problem I have with it is that I add/delete tracks from my SD card a lot. I have to refresh it every time. Is this something I can avoid if I use Google Music/Poweramp/other?

Probably not anytime you remove or add music, you will have to rescan your music folders. And if it is a large SD card and music collection that will take a good bit of time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

This is great if you want to block your outgoing number for just the next call, you can switch on full block on and off easy . Has a widget so its simple to use.

HiddenCall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

nedd wrote: »
    something seems to be missing from the new view. It used to tell me which apps i have installed on all of my devices. Now it just lists all apps i have ever installed alphabetically.

Its so stupid that they took out the function to show all your purchased apps :( keep dreaming they will bring that back.

That all used apps list is crap, I sometimes try a 100 different apps and I don't always want to see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Its so stupid that they took out the function to show all your purchased apps :( keep dreaming they will bring that back.

If you click the cog (over at the top right of the page once you open the Apps page) you can go to My Orders. It'll show a list of everything you've downloaded including paid apps. It's still a huge list but at least it's quicker to respond and reasonably easy to scroll down.

It would be wonderful if they could put a little X or checkbox beside each app so I could remove it from the list. It would take somebody about 5 minutes to implement.

timetogo wrote: »
    If you click the cog (over at the top right of the page once you open the Apps page) you can go to My Orders. It'll show a list of everything you've downloaded including paid apps. It's still a huge list but at least it's quicker to respond and reasonably easy to scroll down.

It would be wonderful if they could put a little X or checkbox beside each app so I could remove it from the list. It would take somebody about 5 minutes to implement.

That my apps list is rubbish as mentioned why. You can remove apps from it, but its a pain in the ass and you can't do many apps at once otherwise it will time out. The best thing was a purchased list and that's it.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Good idea, I'll give that a go.

I don't know about the €10 free credit though, I just get the normal €20, do you have to do something to get the extra €10?

I topped up by €20 for the first time a week ago. Got €10 bonus credit this morning. Did anyone find out if it can be used to purchase apps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Also interested in an answer to this please^

Tried buying something and the money was deducted from my regular credit balance. The refund still hasn't appeared. What can you do with this bonus credit? Just calls?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tried buying something and the money was deducted from my regular credit balance. The refund still hasn't appeared. What can you do with this bonus credit? Just calls?

The €20 will always get used before the bonus credit.

You can't use the bonus credit for apps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can't use the bonus credit for apps.

I don't know. It may get used but if it does it will only get used after the €20 had been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Leisure Suit Larry is finally available on Android.

People have been waiting for ages for this to port to Android and it's good to finally see it available.
    The big downside is that it's not working for the Nexus 7 and tablets yet. Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

It's Free to download, and so is the first level. After that there's a price of $10 to get the full version, not sure how much in euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Auralux - Stupidly addictive game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

MoodeRator wrote: »

Looks good, but says it's incompatible with my SGS4, which seems weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

SuprSi wrote: »
    Looks good, but says it's incompatible with my SGS4, which seems weird?

Says compatible with mine. Try installing it from your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Leisure Suit Larry is finally available on Android.

People have been waiting for ages for this to port to Android and it's good to finally see it available.
    The big downside is that it's not working for the Nexus 7 and tablets yet. Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

It's Free to download, and so is the first level. After that there's a price of $10 to get the full version, not sure how much in euro.
    Arent those games widely thought of as the worst things ever made?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Says compatible with mine. Try installing it from your phone

Doesn't appear in the Play Store - I wonder if it's a region thing as Jersey isn't classed as being in the UK or EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

:confused: I can still see it
    263261.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Same here, can also still see it, Devices are Nexus 7, Nexus 4, SGS II

I think there's been a mix up and the Cap is talking about Leisure Suit Larry.

Ah, I found it but it's not available for me here :(

I don't blame you....I had to re-read the page myself Cap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

MoodeRator wrote: »

Bloody addictive game! Bought new levels too.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement