Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭meathenterpr

Smart Remote for S IV. If you are on UPC select set top then PACE. UPC wont be listed so you have to try each freq. Mine number 136.

Enjoy responsibly:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

dots104 wrote: »
    Whats the best app for phone and corresponding computer program for controlling my music remotely on the pc through the phone.

I like Unified Remote, for me it does what I want for watching movies, I've not tried it really with music but I imagine it works fine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Relmtech.Remote

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

For what it's worth, an alternative to Tasker is AutomateIt. I find it easier to use, and for the things I want to do, it seems to be just as powerful. Maybe if you delve deep enough, Tasker can do more, I'm not sure, but give it a go.

There are all kinds of "rules" that you can download for AutomateIt, so you might find that you don't even have to do any "programming" yourself.

Always liked Llama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I had exactly €0.69 cent left on a 3V voucher. I didn't think I'd find anything useful.

There's plenty of wifi transfer apps. But I liked the browser interface on:

i9po.png

WiFi File Explorer PRO

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorerPRO

Exploring\downloading\uploading\deleting\managing.. files on a Nexus 7, via a Huawei E586, through a Desktop running Firefox.

Took a single click and then told the address to enter on my browser.

Very pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

For what it's worth, an alternative to Tasker is AutomateIt. I find it easier to use, and for the things I want to do, it seems to be just as powerful. Maybe if you delve deep enough, Tasker can do more, I'm not sure, but give it a go.

There are all kinds of "rules" that you can download for AutomateIt, so you might find that you don't even have to do any "programming" yourself.

Id never heard of this, thanks for the info, giving it a spin now (the free version). Looks like a simpler version of tasker, a bit like the iOS ITTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Id never heard of this, thanks for the info, giving it a spin now (the free version). Looks like a simpler version of tasker, a bit like the iOS ITTT

Another VERY easy alternative is Llama

RangeR wrote: »
    Another VERY easy alternative is Llama

thanks. I had a play with Llama a fair few months back, it is very impressive, but isnt that just location based tasks? I might have used an old one, but I think it drained my battery no end so I had to delete it, but maybe I didnt give it enough attention??

thanks. I had a play with Llama a fair few months back, it is very impressive, but isnt that just location based tasks? I might have used an old one, but I think it drained my battery no end so I had to delete it, but maybe I didnt give it enough attention??

Where did you get that from?

Just SOME conditions
    • Day of week
    • Charging / Unplugged
    • Active Application
    • Bluetooth Device
    • Airplane / car/ dock mode
    • Calender event
    • Alarm Time
    • Battery Level
    • Roaming

I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭batistuta9

RangeR wrote: »
    Where did you get that from?

probably it's name, Llama - Location Profiles :pac:

it does mention what you've though in the description

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

for boards.ie I see there's 'unoffical boards.ie' and 'boards.ie touch unoffical'
    anyone know which is better?

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    for boards.ie I see there's 'unoffical boards.ie' and 'boards.ie touch unoffical'
    anyone know which is better?

touch.boards.ie bookmark in your browser, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure they both just link to the touch website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Best browser, Twitter app for HTC One please?
    Also any recommended sites for app reviews?
    After coming from an iPhone I'm used to having much better category browsing-eg view chikdrens games etc, play store doesn't have this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

After coming from an iPhone I'm used to having much better category browsing-eg view chikdrens games etc, play store doesn't have this

I find that Chrome and Boat Browser work well.

For twitter, Carbon is well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Falcon is fantastic. Pity about the token problem.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Falcon is fantastic. Pity about the token problem.

I was a falcon user until last week. It started to annoy me and I think the developer is about to give up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

As said already chrome and carbon are hard to beat, also there are lots of categories in the play store. Couldn't be easier imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I was a falcon user until last week. It started to annoy me and I think the developer is about to give up on it.

I gave up a long time ago, but went back to it only recently.
    Such a great app, probably my favourite app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Boat > Chrome

how does it annoy you and why do you think the developer is giving up? I love it, prob one of my most used apps!

• Advertisement

how does it annoy you and why do you think the developer is giving up? I love it, prob one of my most used apps!

Couple of things. It started to get buggy, and the updates can only be side loaded from links on the developers Google plus profile. The developer has said on the profile that he is seriously thinking of giving up as he's pissed off with twitters token policy.

You should check out the G+ community for falcon https://plus.google.com/communities/114345443048267259022

I liked the way that links in tweets open within falcon really easily, rather than going to an external browser, but carbon does that now too, and its developer is actively updating it and getting in touch with users about feature requests.

There's not much to choose between falcon and carbon really, but I think carbon has a slight edge

Couple of things. It started to get buggy, and the updates can only be side loaded from links on the developers Google plus profile. The developer has said on the profile that he is seriously thinking of giving up as he's pissed off with twitters token policy.

I liked the way that links in tweets open within falcon really easily, rather than going to an external browser, but carbon does that now too, and its developer is actively updating it and getting in touch with users about feature requests.

There's not much to choose between falcon and carbon really, but I think carbon has a slight edge

I've never needed to try another twitter client after using falcon, but I've just downloaded Carbon now, it does look very similar. i'll have a decent play, thanks

As a developer, its so frustrating working with twitter. They keep changing rules, they dont tell you and then you have to go around fixing everything. Must be so hard for these app developers, esp the ones who do it for a hobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Chrome > Boat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

What's with everyone's obsession with Chrome. I tried pretty much all the browsers on the marketplace and always found the stock ones to work the best. While chrome is great on desktop its pretty terrible on a phone. No quick access to bookmarks is the biggest crime of them all to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What's with everyone's obsession with Chrome. I tried pretty much all the browsers on the marketplace and always found the stock ones to work the best. While chrome is great on desktop its pretty terrible on a phone. No quick access to bookmarks is the biggest crime of them all to me.

Menu, then bookmarks = result. How quick do you want it lol, want it to read your mind?

Android is not just on phones. Chrome is excellent on Tablet and big screen TV. Much better than phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I use Dolphin and find it pretty good, it's the closest I've found to desktop Chrome.

I haven't tried Chrome since it was new, it wasn't great then but apparently it has improved. Haven't tried Boat yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dolphin for me aswell but recently they messed with the touch gestures and now you cant just tap the bottom left to bring up the gesture screen anymore so Ill probably move to Chrome or something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Liamalone wrote: »
    Menu, then bookmarks = result. How quick do you want it lol, want it to read your mind?

How about in an instant? Like I can now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

How about in an instant? Like I can now
    Using Chrome, I just type the first letter of the page I want to visit and the option pops up, always found that handier than going into bookmarks and scrolling until I find what I want.

Though I did use gestures on Dolphin and really liked them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement