Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Brilliant new single from psb new album just in time for the forthcoming gig May 31st in BF..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

these-new-puritans-field-of-reeds.jpg

These New Puritans - Field of Reeds
    I didn't really like their previous album Hidden but this a huge improvement and a radical change in direction for them. They've gone for a more relaxed and sparser sound and there's a bit of a later-era Talk Talk vibe going on in some songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 thedooner

Saw Amplifier a number of times and they only get better :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Been listening to Bell X1 - Chop Chop on repeat over the weekend. Have to say i'm really enjoying it, current favourite is diorama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

Sunbather by Deafheaven is one that I have really enjoyed so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

EVOL1991 wrote: »

Pretty close to my album of the year.

EVOL1991 wrote: »
    It's a solid enough album but it seems to be hyped to the high heavens for reasons that are not quite clear to me. There's been a lot of similar post-black metal type stuff around over the past few years and I don't really see why this stands above them. Maybe I need to listen to it a couple more times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 tim63

Galway band "Race The Flux" have just released their debut album Dutch Buffalo,
    well worth a listen,

http://racetheflux.bandcamp.com/album/dutch-buffalo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNo9ZnNdHgI

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

I'm liking the new Hurray for the Riff Raff album "My Dearest Darkest Neighbour". Western Cowboy is a great tune and their version of Jealous Guy is well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dingoberry

Been listening to Bell X1 - Chop Chop on repeat over the weekend. Have to say i'm really enjoying it, current favourite is diorama.

I was as the album launch for this in the NCH where they played most or all of it. I'll need a few more listens to make up my mind. Very fine gig though, lovely atmosphere and perfect for old fogies like our group: nice seats, excellent sound, easy to get in and out and the comfy bar in the Conrad across the way! :D

New E.P from R.S.A.G released yesterday. Rotate.

F-uck Buttons - Slow Focus

I've been playing this all day. Darker sound to Tarot Sport, some very intense tracks on it. Definitely worth a few listens.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREYjqS61CxvoppZ9efQ3JOyRPUWG9z-db7L17wpHigVsEK9W3x

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Mona's 2nd album was out today, 'Torches & Pitchforks', theres a stream available on Rolling Stone website.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mona-start-a-riot-on-torches-and-pitchforks-album-premiere-20130722

Freeway, Truth and especially L.L.L are stand out tracks for me.

tumblr_monr8tJb4C1r99qo6o1_500.jpg

circumambulation_364.jpg

True Widow - Circmambulation
    The third album from this Texas band. Their unique combination of slow and hazy indie rock with a big stoner rock low-end makes them sound amazing.

New album streaming from porcelain raft. ..permanent-signal

http://pitchfork.com/advance/181-permanent-signal/

Edit--Link is gone

God-is-an-Astronaut-Origins-300x300.jpg

God is an Astronaut - Origins
    Not quite as good as All is Violent, All is Bright but I'm certainly not disappointed by it. The electronic vocals add a nice touch to some of the tracks.

God-is-an-Astronaut-Origins-300x300.jpg

God is an Astronaut - Origins
    Not quite as good as All is Violent, All is Bright but I'm certainly not disappointed by it. The electronic vocals add a nice touch to some of the tracks.

Ye, can't get into it at all. I thought it might grow on me, but it really hasn't. It sounds like middle of the road post-rock. I know a band has to progress, but I think this lacks the song structure and intensity of the previous releases. Very excited for Wild Light by 65DOS though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 34 Henry Gondorff

mark182 wrote: »
    Mona's 2nd album was out today, 'Torches & Pitchforks', theres a stream available on Rolling Stone website.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mona-start-a-riot-on-torches-and-pitchforks-album-premiere-20130722

Freeway, Truth and especially L.L.L are stand out tracks for me.

tumblr_monr8tJb4C1r99qo6o1_500.jpg

Gonna buy this when I get home, will let you know what I think :)

Ye, can't get into it at all. I thought it might grow on me, but it really hasn't. It sounds like middle of the road post-rock. I know a band has to progress, but I think this lacks the song structure and intensity of the previous releases. Very excited for Wild Light by 65DOS though.
    It was better than I expected it to be, despite the odd filler track. 'Calistoga' and 'Spiral Code' were the standout tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

The new Neko Case... do yourselves a favour and have a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Volcano Choir - Repave.

http://volcanochoir.com/

Justin Vernon's project.

65days-Wild-Light-artwork-500x500.png

Have been waiting for this for ages, and it does not disappoint. They have crafted a fantastic album and the sound is amazing. They haven't stood still from their last release and have created a far more atmospheric album. In my opinion it's the best album they have released. Definitely will be up there with the top releases of the year for me.

Available on spotify now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Lot of hype surrounding London Grammar's - If you Wait.
    Fortunately the album lives up to it! Lot of journos miffed as to why it didn't make Mercury shortlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Following a string of great singles, I was impatiently anticipating CHVRCHES album 'The Bones of What You Believe'. It doesn't disappoint. Due out this week, it's streaming here.

Free to download follow up album from Alex Shields aka A grave with no name.
    After the fantastic Whirlpool released in July this man can do no wrong and arguably one of the more intriguing artists on the UK lo-fi indie scene.
    This is instrumental with spoken word samples clocking in at 30 min so sit back and give it a listen through.

http://www.fadedglamour.co.uk/2013/09/download-grave-with-no-name-poltergeist.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

ibreakhorses.jpg
    I Break Horses - Chiaroscuro

If dreamy indietronica is your bag then this is well-worth giving a listen.

Advertisement