Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭touts

Oh my god. Your one singing to the harp can't sing. It's a classic case of an arts lovie who decided she can sing and none of her lovie friends had the courage to tell her the truth. Pat even asked her at the end if she planned to be singing on stage or watching from the wings :-)

And apparently she took a story by Oscar Wilde and make it into an Opera but re-wrote the first 20 minutes to make it better. It sounds like something a 13year old would write. If you think you can improve on the likes of Wilde then you definately should not be left near a pen.

Update: Dear god they let her do a second song. It's even worse.

Pat finished by saying it was unfair to ask her to sing so early in the morning :-) :-) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

touts wrote: »
    Oh my god. Your one singing to the harp can't sing. It's a classic case of an arts lovie who decided she can sing and none of her lovie friends had the courage to tell her the truth

It was far from her best performance alright. They seemed to be rushing through the song.. I'm no fan of Julie Feeney, no time for her playing sticks in a paper dress or any of that other "arty" stuff, but she's normally a far better singer than she showed today..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Dipped in and out but I have to say Monday was god awful boring.:mad:

Just to warn ye all.. Heard the promo there..

Mary Louise O'Donnell takes a trip on a high nelly in search of the poems of Patrick Kavanagh.. Expect loads of Brush Shiels inspired alliteration, and run on sentences..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Mary Louise O'Donnell takes a trip on a high nelly in search of the poems of Patrick Kavanagh.. Expect loads of Brush Shiels inspired alliteration, and run on sentences..

.... and plenty of partonising, supercilious comments. Any hope the good people of Inniskeen ran her off the road? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭touts

The rest of the senate are shouting and swearing at the government and getting ready to barricade themselves into the chamber.

Meanwhile M'Lady is farting around the country wondering why Oireachteas Eireann are sending her a payslip every month.

O'Connor must surely be the poorest speaker in the house.. I never find her contributions impressive. Always feel like she's just got the job the previous day, and has been handed a sheet of what to read out by Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It'll be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

..........and we're off! Twenty to the dozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Inane drivel ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She's on. I'm smiling already..
    fannies on fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

This rather tedious episode is one hour long slot on why the Senate shoukd be abolished.

"And the leather backed cows, and the this and the that".. Jesus H Christ, have you ever heard such guff.. Is her primary degree a BA in BS/Exagerration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Four minutes on Egypt...........what seemed like thirty-maybe it was-on M'Lady's Kavanagh trek.:eek:

Silly season gone crazy.

So mad even the Self Preservation Society a.k.a. The Seanad is making news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Callan57 wrote: »
    Much prefer David Norris to Mickey D. This whole Fannygate thing is a storm in a teacup. Fair play to Norris for speaking his mind.

"News coming in on the wires."

What year is Pat living in?

Heard David Norris saying that the use of the term "fanny" would be valid in an "academic discussion".. I think that's his "money was resting in my account" excuse for all of these situations he gets himself in..

Heard David Norris saying that the use of the term "fanny" would be valid in an "academic discussion"..

It's a little known fact in Greek scholasticism that, to "talk through ones fanny" means to speak through ones fragrant mouth. Norris has been unfairly slighted yet again ;)

It's a little known fact in Greek scholasticism that, to "talk through ones fanny" means to speak through ones fragrant mouth. Norris has been unfairly slighted yet again ;)

I'm not at home at the home and I've been trying to find a graphic I put together of Norris' face on Father Jack's body, saying "That would be an academical matter"... But I cant find it using boards.ie searches.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Callan57 wrote: »
    Thank God for Michael D - the country had a narrow escape there.

Yep, too true.
    Can you imagine the uproar amongst the republic's royal fawners if he had said similar to Mrs Winsdor? 'Regina Monologues' would be equally applicable to her too. :)

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yep, too true.
    Can you imagine the uproar amongst the republic's royal fawners if he had said similar to Mrs Winsdor? 'Regina Monologues' would be equally applicable to her too. :)

I think we'd find the good Senator himself close to top of that list :D

Found it.
    academicalmatter_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Maybe Sen. Norris was referring to the US meaning of fanny.:D

Why in the seven hells does ANY story involving politicans' dodgy behaviour or outbursts have to have "gate" tacked onto the end of the word? Watergate was over 40 years ago, but this stupid journalistic affectation persists right up to today - fannygate / lapgate. IT MAKES. NO. FCUKING. SENSE.

Yakuza wrote: »
    Why in the seven hells does ANY story involving politicans' dodgy behaviour or outbursts have to have "gate" tacked onto the end of the word? Watergate was over 40 years ago, but this stupid journalistic affectation persists right up to today - fannygate / lapgate. IT MAKES. NO. FCUKING. SENSE.

Seeing as it's the Pat Kenny Show Thread I couldn't help think of "Gardengate" when reading your post.:D

But you are right, that "gate" tag is way past it's sell by date. Something we'll never be able to say for lazy journalism.

Yakuza wrote: »

Not to metion Cowengate.

cowengate_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

There are a shítload of gates !

europa11 wrote: »
    But you are right, that "gate" tag is way past it's sell by date. Something we'll never be able to say for lazy journalism.

Yeh I agree, sick of every minor scandal being appended with the gate suffix and printed on the front of a tabloid newpaper.. (aside from the Cowan-Gate which was very clever)... It's not like gate is a verb, or has any relevance to the scandal, it was half of the name of the hotel.... It is sloppy editing, just a quick fix for every headline in lieu of coming up with something original.. In the same way as most advertising in this country seem to lazily use the same templates for their work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

JAnongate ^^^ :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

You got your own LapGate a few days ago. I'd wager a largish sum that it would be a while before we get a Yakuzagate in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement