Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oh stop trying to be funny Myles.. And stop going on about Arsenal..

This guy makes a really poor argument..

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

"He's a SOB, but he's our SOB"......

wow, wouldn't have heard Pat say that......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

EmptyTree wrote: »
    wow, wouldn't have heard Pat say that......
    But you would have heard Pat say "wow". ;)

"He's a SOB, but he's our SOB"...... wow, wouldn't have heard Pat say that......

One of his endless quotes / analogies / references to history book.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Marie Louise O'Dramatic back to rural Ireland again where the quaint country people send their ten year old sons down to Pat the Bakers in tractors to bring home a sliced pan to make sangwidges to bring to the dance that evening. A place where all the men have big sun kissed oak type hairy arms.

She's an awful condescending ould waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

HA !

Thats some laugh. indebt peice on "Strong women" dumped to talk to some bloke thats off his bike.

kinda says it all on the priority stakes.

:D

Why talk about the lifetime achievements of a woman when there's a man's weekend achievement that can be spoken about... :D

Very Alan Partridge moment for Pat there.

HA !

Thats some laugh. indebt peice on "Strong women" dumped to talk to some bloke thats off his bike.

kinda says it all on the priority stakes.

Ah come on.

She wasn't "dumped". The interview continued after the chat with Roche, and was only interrupted because of poor communications with the former Tour de France winner during the sports bulletin.

Describing Stephen Roche as "some bloke thats off his bike" on the day after his nephew wins a stage in the Tour is a tad disingenuous to say the least.

end of the day lap a bloke cycling around a country is deemed more important than the combined efforts of feminists through the ages. bet pat will be getting some cross looks from the "Right on" set.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Not really Con.

Her interview was brought forward when they couldn't get through to to Roche.

It was only interrupted when contact was made with him and resumed immediately afterwards.

She was allotted as much time as she would have been in any case.

I think it is only right that Dan Martin's achievement was was marked on the programme and who better to discuss it with than his uncle and former Tour de France champion, Stephen Roche.

Its rare enough that we have something to celebrate on the international sporting stage and I think its only fair that yesterday's stage victory was acknowledged. :)

The technical glitches with the phoneline couldn't be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Lapin wrote: »
    Not really Con.

Her interview was brought forward when they couldn't get through to to Roche.

It was only interrupted when contact was made with him and resumed immediately afterwards.

She was allotted as much time as she would have been in any case....
    All true, but I think that once the next item was brought forward in the running order, they should have completed it. Interrupting it raises a question about what is considered more important. I'd be fairly confident (well, hopeful) that Stephen Roche would have been happy to hang on until the other piece was finished.

But these things happen in real time, and I wouldn't be too hard on the production team: they did what they thought was best, and not everybody would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I'd be fairly confident (well, hopeful) that Stephen Roche would have been happy to hang on until the other piece was finished.

Seeing as he was having problems with the phone line, they'd have wanted to get the interview done when they had the chance of it working.

Ciaran wrote: »
    Seeing as he was having problems with the phone line, they'd have wanted to get the interview done when they had the chance of it working.

My thoughts exactly.

Its not the first time I've heard an interview interrupted and picked up again later. Admittedly, it usually happens if there is some breaking news coming in but in today's case I think it was fair enough given the precarious state of the phone line to Roche.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Ciaran wrote: »
    Had I been producing the show, I think I would have made a different call. That said, I don't think it is something about which to go to war. When things are happening (or not happening) you have to make quick decisions, and I am sure that producers sometimes make decisions and immediately after they have been implemented say to themselves "Uh-oh, bad decision", but you can't often undo a decision on live radio.

I couldnt understand a word that either of those taxi drivers were saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Paddy in Peoples Front of Judea, Judean Peoples Front moment!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

All the accusations levelled at the foreign taxi drivers are practices that the indigenous Dublin taxi drivers have been doing for years.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Plenty of PC nonsense being spewed out here. Its all the Brits fault!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

mike65 wrote: »
    Plenty of PC nonsense being spewed out here. Its all the Brits fault!

Everyone's fault but ours!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

87% of 150 is difficult for Paddy to understand apparently....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Good show today.
    Glad Pat's back.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

87% of 150 is difficult for Paddy to understand apparently....:confused:

87% of 150 people is 130.5.

That means at some point half a person reported racism. Unless the Gardai have started recording children and midgets as half a person there is something wrong with that statistic.

Of course it could be just that it was rounded and Paddy is a bit cranky today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Right now is compulsive listening.

The Jesus freaks really are on a different planet.
    I think they do believe abortion will be mandetory.

You mean it won't???? ****. Quick someone tell Lucinda!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Plus a lot of them had Ulster accents. Empty cans make noise!

"rapidly earning a reputation as one of the country's...... hardest working bands"

Ah the phrase that means we are about to hear some out of tone wailing and teenage angst lyrics to the backdrop of some muppet hammering the hell out of a guitar. And sure enough whoever this band are they fully live down to expectations....

Surely it must be time to just give up on the music segment of the show.

pat covering the property market with a bloke that works flogging mortgages.

expect hilarity to ensue.

A book for her children detailing her Drug and alcohol abuse and their father's depression and suicide.

This is going to be uplifting......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

touts wrote: »
    A book for her children detailing her Drug and alcohol abuse and their father's depression and suicide.

This is going to be uplifting......

Not like Pat to go stealing Joe Duffy's thunder ;)

....now if Joe had a garden pathway........:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement