Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Ativ S Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Have 2 ATIV S' in the house now. One from price-guard (where I have previously ordered 3 LG Optimus 7's) and one from Expansys.

There is a difference between the two shops. The shítty charger only comes with the price-guard one. The guarantee stickers were different and the box was pretty dirty. I had problems with two of the three phones from Price-guard in the past, but both were replaces relatively easily. We haven't had any problem with the ATIV S as of yet, but I've a feeling these ones are refurbs.

The one from Expansys was brand new with a British/Irish Samsung charger. No doubt about it.

I also received this case today, feels lovely and would recommend it!

Nillkin Super Shield:

black1-550x550.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Daniel S wrote: »
    Have 2 ATIV S' in the house now. One from price-guard (where I have previously ordered 3 LG Optimus 7's) and one from Expansys.

There is a difference between the two shops. The shítty charger only comes with the price-guard one. The guarantee stickers where different and the box was pretty dirty. I had problems with two of the three phones from Price-guard in the past, but both were replaces relatively easily. We haven't had any problem with the ATIV S as of yet, but I've a feeling these ones are refurbs.

The one from Expansys was brand new with a British/Irish Samsung charger. No doubt about it.

Yeah the box was pretty dirty. How did you go about exchange? How was the communication/how did you communicate?

The ebay listing says new nowhere does it say referb. It did cross my mind after my sim wouldn't go in and the generic charger/original void stickers removed, that the phone might be a referb.

It's down to €268.72 on expansys.

This is what it says on the listing.

NEU & OVP, OHNE BRANDING, OHNE VERTRAG, OHNE SIMLOCK!

NEW & SEALED, NO BRANDING, NO CONTRACT, NO SIMLOCK!

Definitely wasn't sealed.

mad muffin wrote: »
    The pic isn't showing?

Yeah the box was pretty dirty. How did you go about exchange? How was the communication/how did you communicate?

The ebay listing says new nowhere does it say referb. It did cross my mind after my sim wouldn't go in and the generic charger/original void stickers removed, that the phone might be a referb.

It's down to €268.72 on expansys.

This is what it says on the listing.

NEU & OVP, OHNE BRANDING, OHNE VERTRAG, OHNE SIMLOCK!

NEW & SEALED, NO BRANDING, NO CONTRACT, NO SIMLOCK!

Definitely wasn't sealed.

I had to communicate through German, and paid postage from Ireland to Germany, but they paid the other way.

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but you're using a micro-sim right?

Daniel S wrote: »
    I had to communicate through German, and paid postage from Ireland to Germany, but they paid the other way.

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but you're using a micro-sim right?

Yeah micro sim. It would just go in half way. I suspect the spring mechanism inside the tray is broken.

Did they let you know they got your phone and when they where sending out a new one?

Yeah micro sim. It would just go in half way. I suspect the spring mechanism inside the tray is broken.

Did they let you know they got your phone and when they where sending out a new one?

It must be two years since I sent them back, I can't remember. I imagine they would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Have mine a few months now, bought it a few weeks before the price drop. :(
    Love this phone though. Had a HTC HD7 before this. Its quite big, a lot of people think its a bit too big but I've gotten used to it now. The display is cracking on it, and the battery lasts twice as long as my HTC did.
    Would definitely recommend this phone to anyone.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Have mine a few months now, bought it a few weeks before the price drop. :(
    Love this phone though. Had a HTC HD7 before this. Its quite big, a lot of people think its a bit too big but I've gotten used to it now. The display is cracking on it, and the battery lasts twice as long as my HTC did.
    Would definitely recommend this phone to anyone.

Rub salt into my wounds why don't ya :P

Didn't even bother to remove the protective film in the screen or the chrome surround.

I did have a quick look at the screen though and it didn't have that green/blue tint that Nokia AMOLED screens have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ordered one from Expansys on Friday night, Order acknowledge Monday morning and it's still sitting as 'This order is being processed' and 'Expected 1 Day' in the status section.:mad:
    They had loads listed in stock when I ordered and still says 100+ in stock.:(

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Ordered one from Expansys on Friday night, Order acknowledge Monday morning and it's still sitting as 'This order is being processed' and 'Expected 1 Day' in the status section.:mad:
    They had loads listed in stock when I ordered and still says 100+ in stock.:(

Wow :eek:

It's like the Gods are telling us; "don't buy this phone" :P

So it's a week later and they still didn't ship it?

Wow :eek:

It's like the Gods are telling us; "don't buy this phone" :P

So it's a week later and they still didn't ship it?

Yep. It changed this morning to 'awaiting stock' yet they still show 100+ in stock.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Emailed them Wednesday - No reply
    Emailed them this morning - No Reply
    So I cancelled. Could get it from Amazon but it's €50 dearer.:(

Emailed them Wednesday - No reply
    Emailed them this morning - No Reply
    So I cancelled. Could get it from Amazon but it's €50 dearer.:(

I wonder what's up with that. Normally they are prompt. I suppose after you deal with Amazon or Apple, anything else seems sub par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Min'es been in shipping soon on Amazon.de (bought through Amazon so I was led to believe) since July 3rd

My guess is it's through a 3rd party - I better not get a dirty box/refurb.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Min'es been in shipping soon on Amazon.de (bought through Amazon so I was led to believe) since July 3rd

My guess is it's through a 3rd party - I better not get a dirty box/refurb.

Should say in the email who's it through, no?

My return arrived back to Price-Guard on Friday afternoon (anpost delivery email).

I'm hoping to hear from Price-Guard in the coming week.

Should say in the email who's it through, no?

My return arrived back to Price-Guard on Friday afternoon (anpost delivery email).

I'm hoping to hear from Price-Guard in the coming week.

It says through Amazon but it's the length of time stuck at 'shipping soon' has raised my suspicions! (Was in stock according to Amazon)

Cancelled on Friday and re-ordered in the afternoon.
    Showed 'awaiting stock' again but came up as shipped this afternoon.:D

So has anyone got theirs yet? Did anyone besides me order from Price-Guard?

Got a reply today from my message of if they can confirm receipt of my return:

Dear customer,
    thank you for your e-mail.

Once the device is machined from us, we will get back to you shortly.

We receive several packages every day and make it not always work all day.

But of course we want that our customers are 100% satisfied and give our best to the treatment as soon as possible handle.

We ask for some patience.

Best regards

Sabrina Straßer

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Just came across the thread for this phone and seems like what I've been holding out for; a cut price, top tier smartphone.

Regarding purchasing, what are these guys like to deal with?: http://www.ebay.de/itm/190835571603

So has anyone got theirs yet? Did anyone besides me order from Price-Guard?

Got a reply today from my message of if they can confirm receipt of my return:

Dear customer,
    thank you for your e-mail.

Once the device is machined from us, we will get back to you shortly.

We receive several packages every day and make it not always work all day.

But of course we want that our customers are 100% satisfied and give our best to the treatment as soon as possible handle.

We ask for some patience.

Best regards

Sabrina Straßer

:pac:

Mine arrived today. Not much time to play but very impressed so far.
    It found an update for itself straight away and installed it.

Just came across the thread for this phone and seems like what I've been holding out for; a cut price, top tier smartphone.

Regarding purchasing, what are these guys like to deal with?: http://www.ebay.de/itm/190835571603

You read not the 4 pages? :eek:

• Advertisement

Mine arrived today. Not much time to play but very impressed so far.
    It found an update for itself straight away and installed it.

The update, did you install it through the phone or computer? I hear Zune doesn't work with windows phone 8?

Also was the Ativ S box shrink wrapped?

The update, did you install it through the phone or computer? I hear Zune doesn't work with windows phone 8?

Also was the Ativ S box shrink wrapped?

The phone installed it.
    No it wasn't shrink wrapped. Just a tape seal.
    You're right about Zune. I had a Lumia 820 as well and it backed itself up online via skydrive. Zune was dropped for WP8

I just got an email from Price-Guard letting me know they have the phone and they need to inspect it/send it for repair.

I fired off an email letting them know of my displeasure as its supposed to be a new phone and I contacted them the same day I received the phone, sending it back to them the very next day.

I told them I would not entertain the idea of having to wait for a repair. I would only accept a refund or a new phone.

They replied, letting me know that they need to make sure the sim contacts weren't damaged.

I see now that they are going to stiff me on this :(

Tell them your contacts aren't stored on the sim....:pac:

Take no sh!t from the Germans.

Tell them your contacts aren't stored on the sim....:pac:

Take no sh!t from the Germans.

:p

If they do accuse me of damaging the phone I will have to initiate a PayPal claim. Although I don't know how I can prove that I didn't damage the phone or that I suspect that it wasn't 100% brand new and that they didn't include a genuine Samsung charger. :(

Just got an email from them. It's a word document.

Seems to be some kind of insurance deceleration. It's all in German of course, no explanation or what to do with it.

It's a bit bizzar, I've never had to sign such a document before with anyone else.

Eidesstattliche Erklärung
    zur Vorlage vor Versicherungen und vor Gericht

Price-Guard AG, Im Ebenfeld 3, 94513 Schönberg​​​​​Datum: 10.07.2013​

Paketnummer: Versanddatum:​
    IMEI:
    Kundennummer.:

Verbindliche Erklärung

1.) Ich bin mir bewusst, dass hier getätigte, falsche Angaben strafbar sein können.

2.) Ich bin selbst der adressierte Empfänger oder – z.B. im Falle von Firmen – autorisiert, diese Erklärung für den Empfänger abzugeben.

3.) Ich versichere mit meiner Unterschrift ausdrücklich, dass bei dem Gerät
    Samsung I8750 Ativ S mit der Imei-Nr. , bereits bei Anlieferung die mechanische Beschädigung an den Simkontakten (1 Simkontakt abgebrochen) bestand.

Bitte vollständig ausgefüllt zurücksenden an Price-Guard AG, Im Ebenfeld 3, 94513 Schönberg

_______ ______________________ , _________________​​

Ort, Datum ​​​(Firmenstempel) ​​​

_________________________________________​​​__________________________________
    ​​(Unterschrift)​​​​​​(Name in Klarschrift)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

binding declaration
    1) I am aware that that past and false information may be punishable here.
    2) I am the addressed recipient or yourself - eg in the case of company - authorized to make this declaration for the recipient.
    3) I certify with my signature expressly, that in the device
    Samsung I8750 Ativ S with the imei no. (1 Simkontakt aborted), the mechanical damage to the Simkontakten already existed at delivery.

For those who cannot read German, or use translate.google.com !

gman2k wrote: »
    binding declaration
    1) I am aware that that past and false information may be punishable here.
    2) I am the addressed recipient or yourself - eg in the case of company - authorized to make this declaration for the recipient.
    3) I certify with my signature expressly, that in the device
    Samsung I8750 Ativ S with the imei no. (1 Simkontakt aborted), the mechanical damage to the Simkontakten already existed at delivery.

For those who cannot read German, or use translate.google.com !

I used google translate but as you can see its not quite 100%. I asked them to send it to me in English.

Is this peculiar to German companies or is this because they think I'm lying to them?

I've never had to sign such a deceleration dealing with Apple or Amazon.

They never even said what to do with it. Email it back or post it back?

Mine is now status shipped via UPS supposed to be delivery tomorrow!

I swear to God if it's a reurb I'll go nuts! It's from Amazon and states clearly NEW.

PS mad muffin, hit that crowd hard!

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Mine is now status shipped via UPS supposed to be delivery tomorrow!

I swear to God if it's a reurb I'll go nuts! It's from Amazon and states clearly NEW.

PS mad muffin, hit that crowd hard!

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement