Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

mountain wrote: »
    When the guest has to ask Ray to "stop shouting".

No way????? Did he really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I tuned out because it was ridiculous, but did Shatter ask him to stop shouting ?

As I said, the sad thing is some people will think it was great by Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

He couldn't finish the interview without mentioning money

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Yeah, he asked him to stop shouting after Ray had shouted at him to "stop talking sh*t"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

"with a chocolate dildo hanging out of her [Jenny Kelly]... someplace"

fcuk sake Ray, thanks for that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What sort of person doesn't want a stag. Even if it's only a few beers with the best man/groomsman etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

People on here laughing at Rays capabilities I bet ya he laughs at your bank accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Paracore wrote: »
    People on here laughing at Rays capabilities I bet ya he laughs at your bank accounts.

Is he money everything though?

Despite earning 200k a year he seems bitter, insecure, ,arrogant, patronising etc etc. He can laugh all he likes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Synode wrote: »
    What sort of person doesn't want a stag. Even if it's only a few beers with the best man/groomsman etc.

The suggestion was to get just two or three mates together........I reckon he does not have two or three mates for a stag

Choclate willies and Mairaids very false laugh FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Wow you're right. I must stop laughing at Ray and go increase my bank balance

• Advertisement

I just caught the end of the Shatter interview and heard Ray ask him was he going to donate the proceeds of his book to charity, what a dickhead, totally begrudging him making money from his book

• Registered Users Posts: 6 El2011

I'm a long-time listener of the Ray D'arcy show but for the first time in all those years with his soapbox ranting, pretending that he is doing a current affairs show, poor interviews with bands, etc. AND all the good stuff like trips around the country, getting the country to exercise more and having a bit of craic in the morning- I got up and turned off the radio during the Alan Shatter interview. I'll be slow it turn it back on again. That interview was a disgrace and very embarassing for TodayFM.

Is D'arcy's ego so big that he can't listen to Matt Cooper for one evening and try to learn some interviewing tips?! As a listener, I just wanted to hear what Shatter had to say but D'arcy wouldn't let him speak. Why invite someone onto your show if you won't listen and pay attention to what they have to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You'd want to get off your ass then you won't do it bumming around here.

I get paid every time someone comes in here and says something along the lines of "lol at you all making fun of him when he gets paid more than you".

FYI - i make more than you, you are not allowed to mock me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

To be fair Alan Shatter speaks in riddles and legal jargon so much it was a difficult interview in my opinion and I'm not one of D'Arcy's biggest fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,835 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't like Alan Shatter, never have, both his politics and his attitude, he is superior and smarmy at the best of times, however he wins today for having the composure to stay calm when Ray D'Arcy shrieks "Stop talking sh*t" in his face.

We get it Raymond, you're the indignant voice of the nation, the maverick of independent commercial radio, you say what people everywhere are thinking. Well you don't really, but up till now its been fine for you to indulge yourself.

What you do not get to do unchecked, is shriek foul language into the face of a government minister and shout over him for a good half of the time he has agreed to spend in your studio, its appalling for a professional, its embarrassing and disgraceful to your station and its people and it will have you blacklisted by the Merrion Street handers making it all the more difficult for your colleagues, and dont think they wont do it, just ask Vinnie B. The government policies may be as popular as body odour in a lift, but basic decorum and protocol is what separates traditional media from glorified social media.

I expect a ton of formal complaints and a good hefty BAI censure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 El2011

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Also heard the McSavage interview. Awful interview.

It comes back to the same problem all the time. He just doesn't prepare in any way. He actually said in that interview before one question "I was just thinking there on the way back from the toilet ... " , and I'd say that's true, he dreams up a couple of questions just beforehand and the rest is just a random conversation, it's very uninteresting to listen to.

I probably should have read over the previous posts more before I posted here for the first time! I fully agree with this person - he always seems so underprepared for his interviews. Having a depth of understanding and (a good bit of) research done goes a long way to getting a more interesting interview for us listeners and will stop the guest from getting really bored.

He needs to get some training on how to do a proper interview or else just stick to the 'having a chat' format. Very few people can do both at the same time in my opinion (I'm thinking of the difference between Gaybo and Pat Kenny here!)

People on here laughing at Rays capabilities.....

What would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I don't think Ray ever learns anything from his many many terrible interviews. The amazing Bell X1 are on the first question he asks them is about Damien Rice and a disputed song. He really is a tool 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

God Bellx1 just sound like caramel over the airways there.

Even if it's not your type of music there's no doubt these lads are very talented. Gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I don't think Ray ever learns anything from his many many terrible interviews. The amazing Bell X1 are on the first question he asks them is about Damien Rice and a disputed song. He really is a tool ��

I was only half-listening there, but did he actually ask Bell X1 what height they were? :o

Lovely rendition of Eve, the Apple of my Eye.

• Advertisement

In essence you sit all day at a computer. Living the dream!

Wow condescending! No wonder you lick Rays arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Would be funny if Shatter had just turned to him and said "I thought you were leaving"

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Is it being pocasted?, I just want to hear the stop shouting part :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Should be on the listen back section of the Today FM website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭mountain

http://player.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/4/3774/28th_June_2013_-_The_Ray_D'Arcy_Show_Part_1

starts about 37 mins in,

Enjoy Ray saying,

"but Alan I'm not happy", "I don't think its good enough" and the classic,
    "just stop talking **** now"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

They'll probably inexplicably use that interview to advertise the show, like they did with the interview with healy-rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I was only half-listening there, but did he actually ask Bell X1 what height they were? :o

Lovely rendition of Eve, the Apple of my Eye.

Yep we had the full bingo card; inappropriate questions from Ray, a mention of height and his wedding, an 8 month old dancing in the kitchen and a pregnant woman in tears!

Worth tolerating for Bell X1 though, man they are just brilliant

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Paracore banned for personal abuse towards other members. Abuse of other members and presenters won't be accepted any more. Thank you for your time and stay on topic.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

OK, it's Friday so I'm going to be positive (I'm not a particular fan of Ray's and the "stop eject" thing does annoy me):

A friend of mine was in the studio a couple of months ago with Ray, Ray interviewed him about a geocaching charity event he was running.

Was chatting to him afterwards and asked him how Ray was, both on and off air, and he said Ray was a top guy, really genuine and easy interview. I was suitably surprised, but there you go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

mountain wrote: »
    http://player.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/4/3774/28th_June_2013_-_The_Ray_D'Arcy_Show_Part_1

starts about 37 mins in,

Enjoy Ray saying,

"but Alan I'm not happy", "I don't think its good enough" and the classic,
    "just stop talking **** now"!!!

Thanks for saving me from having to listen to the whole first part!

God what a terrible display. In fact its a form of bullying by D'Arcy (the self appointed champion against bullying earlier this hear) because he thinks it makes him look tough and he knows that the minister can't respond in the same way. D'Arcy is one of the great anti-interviewers of our time.
    I would have absolutely no regard for this minister either, but he managed to come out the interview looking like the better man thanks to D'Arcy's ill mannered ranting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement