Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Synode wrote: »
    Wonder what McSavage said to him a few years ago that Darcy brought up

From todays interaction between them, it seems that McSavage suggested that Ray thought he was more intelligent than he actually is.

McSavage also slagged off Mumford and Sons. He might has well have slagged off Ray's actual son;)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

BPKS wrote: »
    From todays interaction between them, it seems that McSavage suggested that Ray thought he was more intelligent than he actually is.

McSavage also slagged off Mumford and Sons. He might has well have slagged off Ray's actual son;)

Which is quite a fair assessment. What time was it on?

Edit:
    DMS (paraphrasing): "I gave my dog away. He was a little terrier."
    RS: "He was actually a terrier? Because that's a saying. I'd say it about my 11-month-old."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

BPKS wrote: »

Ah Jaysus, the one day I did not have too listen to it!! I will have to listen to it now........

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

The Mumford and Sons deconstruction was fairly class alright

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I have never posted on this forum but dear Lord, that was horrendous. I feel like crawling under my desk and hiding from the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I didn't listen to it but I know I'll hate it. Can't believe when he was on the den how I thought he was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He's always especially bad with McSavage. Clearly because he doesn't like him

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Most uncomfortable interview of the year currently underway with David McSavage.

Any chance of a podcast of the McSavage interview? Missed it:mad:
    Checked on Today FM website and the Chipper attack woman and agony aunt seem to be the only interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Checked on Today FM website and the Chipper attack woman and agony aunt seem to be the only interviews?

He said something about their website being updated so podcasts wont work on it, try itunes.

It was the most painful interview since Reginald D Hunter, the way he brought up that McSavage said something about him a few years ago was really petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No its there, just go to the "listen back" (11th ) section and click on part 3 of the show and its roughly near the end somewhere from about 30 mins on.

http://player.todayfm.com/player/listen_back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

today fm posted a picture on facebook with nidge with ian dempsey.
    this comment made me laugh, clearly a ray darcy listener.
    I found it hard to believe it was Nidge. Missing the accent... Tom sounds so different from the character. Can't wait for new series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Really enjoying Ray today.The light hearted banter with the girl from Cork was like a flash back too when he used not take himself too serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Iwish he would call a halt to his anti smoking crusade,he has been on about it for a few weeks now,I don't smoke in work but I feel like having smoke or ten when I hear ray constantly banging on about them !

• Subscribers Posts: 41,141 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Iwish he would call a halt to his anti smoking crusade,he has been on about it for a few weeks now,I don't smoke in work but I feel like having smoke or ten when I hear ray constantly banging on about them !

So he should ease his crusade against smoking to ease your cravings...??

what a weird association.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i listened to it yesterday...it was part 3 at the end.

Ray doesn't do himself any favours when he's out of his depth. He seems aware of the stupid things he says and instead of correcting himself he turns on his interviewee and makes himself look like a bigger tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Listened to David McSavage interview there, beyond cringe. "Jesus David would you relax, its just a question". "Do you see a therapist David?" "And you got rid of your dog David?"

Teeth clenching

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So he should ease his crusade against smoking to ease your cravings...??

what a weird association.

Might seem weird to you,but it wouldn't seem weird to someone who is trying not to think about smoking,especially when ray is going on and on about it,to me that is a direct association

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ha. That's twice he's pressed the wrong button this morning and ended up playing the intro to a Robbie Williams song by mistake. Not even on the air for an hour yet!

Liking the interview with Mick Wallace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ha. That's twice he's pressed the wrong button this morning and ended up playing the intro to a Robbie Williams song by mistake. Not even on the air for an hour yet!

Liking the interview with Mick Wallace though.

agree with all this.
    i was just coming on to write that i enjoy this interview. proper questions and no stupid questions or jokes. no laughing to himself.

one thing i dont like is him reading out texts from nobodys saying that its crazy that his mobile could be hacked.
    mick said he was warned about his mobile being hacked.
    someone texted in saying thats crazy/stupid.
    who knows better, mick or some 6ft 5'' guy crying in the kitchen, waiting for robbie williams to come on to dance around the kitchen.

credit where its due. well done ray, dont mess it up after the news!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

swiftman wrote: »
    agree with all this.
    i was just coming on to write that i enjoy this interview. proper questions and no stupid questions or jokes. no laughing to himself.

one thing i dont like is him reading out texts from nobodys saying that its crazy that his mobile could be hacked.
    who knows better, mick or some 6ft 5'' guy crying in the kitchen, waiting for robbie williams to come on to dance around the kitchen.

credit where its due. well done ray, dont mess it up after the news!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha! Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

swiftman wrote: »

That reminds of the time Channel 4 did Live Ecstasy Drug Trial on TV last year. Jonathan Ross's tweet "Interrupting an expert talking about MDMA to find out what's being said on Twitter sums up how hopeless tv is becoming. #drugslive"

For some reason the media think that Joe Public's (often uneducated) views on a topic are more important than the people that know what they're talking about.

That reminds of the time Channel 4 did Live Ecstasy Drug Trial on TV last year. Jonathan Ross's tweet "Interrupting an expert talking about MDMA to find out what's being said on Twitter sums up how hopeless tv is becoming. #drugslive"

For some reason the media think that Joe Public's (often uneducated) views on a topic are more important than the people that know what they're talking about.

i thought the guy texted to say it's "not" crazy to think the phone could be tapped? As Ray seemed to be the one thinking it was nuts...(it has actually happened here before)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I agree, there is an obsession with texts and tweets from people who rarely have anything to add to a topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Also heard the McSavage interview. Awful interview.

It comes back to the same problem all the time. He just doesn't prepare in any way. He actually said in that interview before one question "I was just thinking there on the way back from the toilet ... " , and I'd say that's true, he dreams up a couple of questions just beforehand and the rest is just a random conversation, it's very uninteresting to listen to.

McSavage picked up on the mention of Brendan Gleeson and asked something like "oh you had Brendan Gleeson in, what was he like"

Ray replies "it was just like a game of Where's Brendan "

"what do you mean" sez McSavage

"Well it just turns in to loads of people texting in saying oh I saw Brendan in the chippers, oh I saw Brendan in the filling station last week "

Well Ray, maybe try ignoring the texts and actually interview the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

jimmyw wrote: »
    No its there, just go to the "listen back" (11th ) section and click on part 3 of the show and its roughly near the end somewhere from about 30 mins on.

http://player.todayfm.com/player/listen_back

Thanks Jimmy for that:o

T'was a cringey interview alright but then McSavage is not exactly the easiest to interview. Mairead giggling nervously in the background too. McSavage is so brilliant and quick off the mark that the very thought of trying to even chat to him would scare the bejasus out of most people. Every word is analysed by him. Love him though, such a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray is out of the studio ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Alright he is and in Dundrum as yesterday fm have an other studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Sounded like Alan partridge there saying "I dunno where Olivia is, she's on a phone and I can't hear her " as Olivia kept clearly saying hello hello hello. He needs to bite the bullet and get some training in the use of the studio equipment

• Advertisement

Sounded like Alan partridge there saying "I dunno where Olivia is, she's on a phone and I can't hear her " as Olivia kept clearly saying hello hello hello. He needs to bite the bullet and get some training in the use of the studio equipment

He nearly made it past the first hour with out making a balls up,unlucky ray

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement