Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ray down in Wexford and even more cringy than normal. He just asked a woman who was on about her and her daughter, to which the woman relies "She is not my daughter, she is my friend", next we will have "and when are you due?" to women who are not pregnant. Next we had the woman with the Wexford saying "quare" which covers everything bad and good, Ray asks "so what do you call a gay person in Wexford?" (in Rays head I can hear queer) "just gay" she says. I would have assumed the correct answer to be Brian or John or whatever the persons name is......He keeps saying "that's pure Irish" FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Kevin Doyle must have been saying a few wtf's to himself during that interview this morning. Cringe worthy would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

TBP wrote: »
    Kevin Doyle must have been saying a few wtf's to himself during that interview this morning. Cringe worthy would be an understatement.

Ooh ooh, tell more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was Mairead in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was Mairead in Wexford?

No, she was back at base.

• Advertisement

In all fairness now, he wasn't the most forthcoming with information. Anything he did say had to be dragged out of him. Why come on a radio talk show to do an interview if you are going to say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

In all fairness now, he wasn't the most forthcoming with information. Anything he did say had to be dragged out of him. Why come on a radio talk show to do an interview if you are going to say nothing.

Fully agree with this, anyone who is familiar with Kevin Doyle knows that he is an extremely poor interviewee, he comes across as a really nice guy, however I would not be searching for a podcast of ANY interview he has done.

Doyle spoke plenty this morning. The only thing he didn't give a straight answer to and he could hardly be blamed for it given he was on the look out for a new club and there could have been talks going on all sides was where he will be playing next, Ray didn't seem to believe him when he said he had no idea. You'd imagine when bringing on footballers that he'd at least have some idea about the game if he was going to ask him transfer related questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No, she was back at base.

Too hungover too travel?

Doyle spoke plenty this morning. The only thing he didn't give a straight answer to and he could hardly be blamed for it given he was on the look out for a new club and there could have been talks going on all sides was where he will be playing next, Ray didn't seem to believe him when he said he had no idea. You'd imagine when bringing on footballers that he'd at least have some idea about the game if he was going to ask him transfer related questions.

I know FA about football, but I am guessing Ray knows less.......if I heard this right, Germany are gonna beat us.....is this a foregone conclusion? Ray seemed quiet happy to tell him this.

• Advertisement

Too hungover too travel?

She just came back from a weeks holidays on thursday and didn't travel down. She said that last week when they asked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭avfc1874

She just came back from a weeks holidays on thursday and didn't travel down. She said that last week when they asked her.
    shes doing the ian dempsey show next week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jesus Christ!! Let the man speak FFS!

Not a fan of Paul Williams, but Ray just keeps interrupting him.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Jesus Christ!! Let the man speak FFS!

Not a fan of Paul Williams, but Ray just keeps interrupting him.

Yep, he seemed to be more interested in how Williams got his hands on the recording than what was actually on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

He goes on like he's the first father in history. Talking about his children as if he's the only one in the country to have them. When he mentioned Brian Odriscoll putting the baby asleep and how is the best feeling in the world I wanted to hurt him. Also I see he is destroying another song by over playing the **** out of it. He's actually made me hate bands by doing this. I hate get lucky by daft punk now. He triedto make me hate arcade fire too but I got through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭southeastg

Why the **** would Paul Williams trust this story to the Ray Darcy show , he is more interested in the fact that AIB recorded internal calls, Jesus Christ Ray there is more to the story than that. This is why ray is a joke , obsessing over stupid details ,,, AGAIN talking about the source of the tapes, he's a proper fool,'if incompetence was a crime Ray you would be doing some serious porridge !!!!! A 10 to 15 stretch with any luck.

southeastg wrote: »
    Why the **** would Paul Williams trust this story to the Ray Darcy show
    Listenership figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

southeastg wrote: »
    Why the **** would Paul Williams trust this story to the Ray Darcy show , he is more interested in the fact that AIB recorded internal calls, Jesus Christ Ray there is more to the story than that. This is why ray is a joke , obsessing over stupid details ,,, AGAIN talking about the source of the tapes, he's a proper fool,'if incompetence was a crime Ray you would be doing some serious porridge !!!!! A 10 to 15 stretch with any luck.

I'd be interested in knowing where the tapes come from too because if you know where they come from you'd know if the government had knowledge of the tapes or not. My guess is the Guards had them, knew they could do nothing with them in terms of prosecuting anyone and decided to pass them to Williams to leak them.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Mairead Farrell is standing in for Ian Dempsey this week and did a decent enough pisstake of Ray and his "Stop, Stop Eject" habits on gift grub yesterday morning. Can't find podcast to link it though, sorry, but it sounded like it was lifted directly off this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

Ray Darcy is a twát

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

El Gato wrote: »
    Ray Darcy is a twát

I can be a big critic of his, but c'mon.

Mairead Farrell is standing in for Ian Dempsey this week and did a decent enough pisstake of Ray and his "Stop, Stop Eject" habits on gift grub yesterday morning. Can't find podcast to link it though, sorry, but it sounded like it was lifted directly off this thread!

Yeah, it was a funny Giftgrub. Although you'd be fairly embarrassed if your workmates took the p1ss out of you that much about your inability to do your job correctly.

Ray Darcy is a twát

Too mild a word ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Ray Darcy is a twát

Great to see some constructive debate:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

They should give those Anglo Irish boys a radio show. They`d be less annoying than Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

If only radios came with some method of changing the station . . . . . . maybe one day

Real high brow stuff. Yesterday we had "where you got your first shift" and today while having a chat with guy who plans to tight rope walk across the Suir, Ray asks/interrupts "Did ye ever abseil down a lighthouse, heh?, "no" sez the guy, and Ray sez "well I did".................that's mad !!

Here is an idea Ray, how about NOT saying every single thing that pops in to your head...........

threein99 wrote: »
    If only radios came with some method of changing the station . . . . . . maybe one day

If only I could change jobs to a workplace where they dont have today fm on all the time.......maybe one day

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a funny Giftgrub. Although you'd be fairly embarrassed if your workmates took the p1ss out of you that much about your inability to do your job correctly.

Ray Foley was having a good dig at him over the last few days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Here is an idea Ray, how about NOT saying every single thing that pops in to your head...........

not only that but how about not not saying those things twice please. We get the attempted jokes the first time, not need to repeat them. I wanted to harm myself this morning listening to it, but my wife was in the car and she likes him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement