Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

This is some match!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Palytoxin wrote: »
    This is some match!

Can't enjoy watching GAA at home at all. Dad keeps shouting like a madman during EVERY run of play.

Has been shouting "FOR F*CK SAKE! GAME OVER NOW ANYWAY! :mad:" with no sense of irony since LITERALLY five minutes gone.

My mother's the worst, "Did you see that? Did you see that?" Has to comment on everything. :pac: I always watch them on my own now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Galway or Kilkenny?
    kilkenny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Meowth wrote: »
    Galway or Kilkenny?
    kilkenny :D

Boo-urns! Gawlway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Great hurling final as a neutral.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ahh no the first match was a bazillion times better. This match only lasted 50 minutes max. Too much casual, loose play from Galway, you cant do the pretty hurling when youre chasing. The disallowed goal and post hit by Joe woulda been huge moments if they had gone in but scoring your first point from play in the 2nd half and having 4 scorers says it all. Simply not good enough.

Also huge congrats to the tipp minors, youd see much worse scores in a senior game. Totally immense! And to think plenty of them had football AI medals too is unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

decisions wrote: »
    Great hurling final as a neutral.

Don't agree, the end result was totally predictable. As deise said, first match was a far better contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

decisions wrote: »
    They are so unsporting too, cheers when we put a ball in the water and stuff like that.

Ya, but its pretty much the same when they come over here..

Anybody watching Paris-Nice these days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

League of Ireland is back XD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Irish rugby is a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

_66444956_rugbycele624.gif

End of a truly great era at United now, 'tis sad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

End of a truly great era at United now, 'tis sad.

Got a little misty-eyed watching him walk through the guard of honour. :o

Haven't seen the match or the aftermath yet, but it's recorded on Sky+ so it'll be my Wednesday evening post-exam viewing. :)

Scholesy retired (again) too. :(

Being honest, I think it's an end of an era for football as a whole. When will we ever get a manager who gets 26 years at a club again, or players like Scholes, Giggs, Carragher and Gerrard (they're the four that come to mind) again in these days of blatant mercenary-ism?

Feck Fergie, what about Eric Elwood?! Hero. Did Connacht a great service.

Feck Fergie

:eek:

I'm not a big soccer fan so yano, my bad :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And there goes Mancini!

And there goes Mancini!

ROFL-OFL-OFL! :D

Ah no, you'd have to have pity for Mancini in fairness, looks like we have another Chelsea on our hands. :\

• Advertisement

WIMBLEDOOOOOOOOOOOOON :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Nadal's on the ropes with his knee. Come on Darcis!

Yeah he seems to be struggling. As much as I love for an underdog to win, it'd be an awful shame for Nadal to get put out in the 1st bloody round!

Was sure he would win that 2nd set tie-breaker!

That tie-break was edge of the seat stuff alright, I thought he just might have it too. I could barely watch.

It would be a shame for him to go out so early but it adds something a little different I suppose if there's a shock. I couldn't see him going much further if he does manage to come back because everyone knows how weak his knee is now so they'll just exploit that.

Don't see a way back for Nadal now at all :( The intensity seems to have gone out of his game!

His game has just deserted him completely.

The shocking thing is that that he has never lost in the first round of a grand slam. Ever. He's one game away from it now.

Finished it off with an ace. Damn, genuinely feel bad for Nadal!

Ahhhhh unbelievable! Sad to see Rafa go but I love a good underdog story. He completely deserved to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Darcis' serve was fantastic. Nadal found it hard to break.
    His knee injury was very evident though. And Darcis just exposed it moving him around the court constantly.
    Some great points though. That shot from Nadal that was going to stay in but hit off the net and diverted out, my gawwwwd.

• Advertisement

#WithdrawalWednesday is trending on Twitter......7 withdrawals and 9 seeds out. Both draws are really opening up.

Advertisement