Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

cofy wrote: »
    What really annoyed me about all the baby intensive care scenes was the amount of people allowed into the intensive care room. Emmerdale did the same thing. It's amazing that anyone can walk directly up to an incubator and stick their hand in to touch a critically ill premature baby, without even washing their hands and using a hand steralizer, it's no wonder the baby suffered an infection.

Spotted Rita using the hand sanitzer last night! Shes the only one Ive seen using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chucken wrote: »
    Spotted Rita using the hand sanitzer last night! Shes the only one Ive seen using it.

How did she get in to see the baby she isn't related :confused:

BTW where is Katy, did she try and see the baby or come to aid Izzy in her fight against Tina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

BTW where is Katy, did she try and see the baby or come to aid Izzy in her fight against Tina

Too busy now with Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Are they even talking? Didn't she ask Katy to leave the hospital the last time she was talking to her?

Yeah, I think they fell out as Katyyyyyy and Ryyy-yannnn knew that Tina "tried to pinch" Garrah. *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

A Lot of the comments on this thread are hilarious :D, but some posters are absolutely heartless when it comes to Izzy.She is not a monster:P.

But I think Tina did not bank on having the maternal instinct that usually comes with having a child, and this I think is the root cause of why she is not wanting to hand over the child.So, she is using an excuse to not do so.

We are all great psychologists on here, arent we?.........:D

I don't get the amount of hatred for Izzie. I am completely on her side. It's not Tina's place to judge if she'd be a good parent, all the stuff she was saying about Izzie and her family - she knew that when she agreed to the surrogacy.

I understand it must be tough for Tina to carry the baby and have to give it away but in my mind, it's 100% Izzy and Gary's baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

I don't find it that strange that Tina would want to keep the baby especially since Gary and Izzie may have split up, Anna has a daughter that is not genetically related to her so I don't get why she is screaming so much wrecking viewers ears. It reminds me of Friends, didn't Phoebe want to keep a baby in the last series?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

LizT wrote: »
    I don't get the amount of hatred for Izzie. I am completely on her side. It's not Tina's place to judge if she'd be a good parent, all the stuff she was saying about Izzie and her family - she knew that when she agreed to the surrogacy.

I understand it must be tough for Tina to carry the baby and have to give it away but in my mind, it's 100% Izzy and Gary's baby.

Guarantee if Izzy wasn't so irritating people would be way more on her side. She's just so hard to watch when she's crying and she just doesn't seem to have any gumption, just moans a lot. Also how it never dawned on her to make Tina keep her distance after she had the baby is a bit naive. She's just not very likeable so people can't warm to her.

But I totally agree with you- it's her baby with Gary, no two ways about it. I have sympathy for Tina in that it can't be easy to let go of a baby you carried, but that was part of the deal and she never would have had him without Izzeh and Garreh.

Should there have been a social worker or someone to talk to Tina?

It looked so clinical that there was no help for her...or for Gary and Izzy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Felt sorry for Izzy alright when she was in the flat with all the kids toys and cot around them, bit poignant that. She didn't carry the baby like Tina but she regarded the baby as hers for the 9 (or 7) months of the pregnancy and I gues that's just very hard for her to take, which is understandable.

Typical Owen going and breaking the law by changing the locks on the door and kicking someone out of their flat with no notice.......and a flash of the old rough, shouty Anna there as well when she was throwing Tina's stuff into the street. :)

Anna was horrible to Rita in the last episode. They're going about it completely the wrong way, punishing Tina is more likely to make her want to keep the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Meangadh wrote: »
    G have sympathy for Tina in that it can't be easy to let go of a baby you carried, but that was part of the deal and she never would have had him without Izzeh and Garreh.

It's very difficult to make a deal around a human being by human beings. Tina may have done it for financial gain but there would also be a large element of altruism on the part of any surrogate and good feeling that you are helping people. However, once you've carried that baby nourishing it, giving up things for it, feeling it move and then to have to hand it over to people who have radically changed over the nine months, and not for the better, must be agonising. It's difficult enough to part with a litter of kittens or puppies that you've had in your house for a couple of months and you wouldn't hand them over to anyone that you consider wouldn't have their complete welfare at heart. Babies of any sort of are cute for a very good reason. It generally ensures their survival.

Take a look at Tina's options. There's Izzie who is disabled and who now has very little actual family support. She's gotten rid of her partner, gotten rid of her sister and is left with her father and his partner. Anna would dump Owen in a minute if she was guaranteed Fay back and would certainly dump him if he avenged his daughter which leaves Izzie with just Owen for support and he's a complete head the ball.

Then there is the option of handing him over to Gary who jumped her and would very obviously have dumped Izzie without a second thought if Tina had been anyway accommodating. His only support is his mother who would be more than willing to help him care for the baby but is a loose cannon of sorts and doesn't exactly have a great track record in child rearing.

Even if Izzie and Gary could agree to help each other out with the baby although in separate houses, there is always the prospect of each of them turning on the other - Izzie is hurting and would probably after a couple of months edge Gary out and then Gary would use her disability against her and a war would be waged over the baby. We've seen the opening shots fired and there is only a ceasefire because they were threatened.

The baby's biological parents' situation has completed changed in the months since Tina agreed to their proposition. From her point of view she knows that she is completely capable of looking after the baby on her own and has Rita and Tommy for back-up. She knows that she doesn't have any physical or mental issues also. She is willing to make sacrifices to keep him and they don't seem to be so why should she hand him over to people who can't say the same.

It's a toughie. From where I stand as someone who offered to be a surrogate mother for a family member you could really only enter this arrangement if you were carrying the baby for parents you had never met but had been vetted thoroughly and you never got to see the baby before having to give it up or for someone that you knew nearly as well as yourself so you would know how suitable they would be as parents and whether they would sacrifice anything for that gift. Also having had your own babies and enough of them not to want or be tempted to do the sleepless nights and nappies ever again would be a big help. All those options would still leave the surrogate with issues, feelings and thoughts. Definitely a minefield and perhaps in the same way that people have to accept that they will never be rich, or healthy, people have to accept that they will never have children. Just because it is possible does not mean that it should happen. Life isn't fair on lots of counts and sometimes people have to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I do understand all that, and it must be an awful feeling to have to hand over a child that you carried and felt grow inside you. But it's just not her baby. And it's not her place to decide whether she would be a better parent to the child. It's such a messy set up, I really don't think I would be able to be a surrogate for someone. I couldn't handle the emotional turmoil of it all.

Dev, ask for a look at the CCTV.
    Will Karl hit him? Ohhhhhhhh, it's tense stuff!

If he has at Dev now whether he kills him or not he'll soon be under suspicion because of his relentless campaign of informing anybody who will listen that Dev is doolally. It hasn't gone unnoticed.. As for his black gloves - it's summer, Karl. Might not be a great summer but nevertheless. Maybe he'll clock Dev and as he's running away from the scene someone will notice the gloves. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Could this be the end of Dev "I SHOUT a LOT !" Alahan's "acting" career. Heres hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Meangadh wrote: »
    I do understand all that, and it must be an awful feeling to have to hand over a child that you carried and felt grow inside you. But it's just not her baby. And it's not her place to decide whether she would be a better parent to the child. It's such a messy set up, I really don't think I would be able to be a surrogate for someone. I couldn't handle the emotional turmoil of it all.

it has to play out the way its going... its in the script:)

He's done it. Hasn't he! :eek: But he can't have when everybody knows that he was just around there. :confused:

Gloria: What's bothering you?
    Karl: Find a mirror and look in it.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

He's done it. Hasn't he! :eek: But he can't have when everybody knows that he was just around there. :confused:

What happened when it came back? :O Forgot to switch back after EE ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

oh please keep the baby tina :) little joe would have nightmares looking at kizzys crying face :eek:

on the other hand....it would need to wear sunglasses to avoid the glare off Tina's ultra white teeth!

State of Gail's singing :eek:

That whole Roy/ghost thing was ridiculous. And the Eileen self help story line... I can see what they're trying to do but it's stupid.

LizT wrote: »
    State of Gail's singing :eek:

State of Gail :D

Karl was throwing up in the back alley outside Dev's house. Craig and his mum came round the corner and saw him. Craig's eyes got big and his mum said something about dodgy kebabs. Gloria finds him crying in the sitting room back at the Rovers and clutches him to her bosom saying her can tell her anything. He didn't take her up on it. Meanwhile, Mary gets back with the kids and Dev tells her he has made the decision not to take it any further. One of the kids comments on the glass trophy being out of place. Looks like Karl was vomiting with relief and not because he'd killed someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I don't know what was more freakish - Gail dancing to black heart or trying to be sexy (or just plain weird) eating an olive... either way, I was grossed out. twice.

Im trying to watch the 2nd episiode on the tv3 player but its only showing 8 minutes :confused: HELP!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Craig knows something, he is the key to what happened the night of the fire and now that he saw Karl get sick in the alley way it has sparked another piece of the puzzle for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

"I love olives" SHUT UP YOU SILLY WOMAN!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement