Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Radio5 wrote: »
    When will the truth about the fire be uncovered? Its starting to do my head in now, all this Dev/Karl/Stella carry-on.

Amazing too that nobody , especially Stella, wonders why Karl the sleazebag is sooo interested in every fooking turn crazy Dev makes (ok , I know his wife is dead but he is such an over the top drama queen ... and that raincoat ffs :rolleyes:).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

No, Tina is bang out of order.She is not the mother (well we are led to believe anyway) so if she leaves the hospital with Jake, then she is effectively kidnapping the child.I know there are legal issues with surrogacy and who is legally the mother, which just goes to show how messy this can become.

Yeah granted I suppose the maternal instinct is really kicking in with Tina which is understandable and is contributing to it I think, but she is totally wrong in this situation.Looking forward to the legalities being trashed out in this case.

I am delighted that Dev is like a dog with a bone with regard to trying to find out about the fire etc.It will be great to see the faces of Karl and Gloria when the truth is finally revealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Tina is the biological mother so that is incorrect. There is not even a written contract, so no the other girl is not the mother. I hope that the poor girl gets the child because of her disability and the fact that Tina promised it. I'm glad dev is trying to find the truth and I really want Carl to be caught.. it would be such a big scene, looking forward to all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Tina is the biological mother so that is incorrect.

Izzy is the biological mother, they implanted her eggs & Gary's sperm so biologically they are the child's parents Tina was just the carrier. (unless baby turns out to be Tina & Tommy's and conceived before they underwent treatment

I don't know how Tina was allowed to be surrogate someone who had never had their own child before, surely couldn't be allowed be a surrogate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

No tina is the biological mother. You will find out later on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Izzy is the biological mother, they implanted her eggs & garys sperm so biologically they are the child's parents Tina was just the carrier
    yeah that has been playing on my mind too the eggs and sperm are Izzy and Garys so it really is their baby no matter who carried it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

but legally the woman who actually gives birth is the mother... the law hasn't caught up with science yet. So if the baby doesn't actually turn out to be Tina & Tommys then the windasses would have to challenge the law

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

jimmyw wrote: »
    .It will be great to see the faces of Karl and Gloria when the truth is finally revealed.

I'm hoping that when the truth is revealed it will be too late to prevent Karl strangling Gloria. :D

Here ia a little info regarding the types of surrogacies, my word such a flippin minefield...........:confused:

http://www.surrogacyuk.org/about_us/types-of-surrogacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrogacy

• Registered Users Posts: 85,712 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am kinda surprised Dennis and Rita are supporting Tina fully even though Dennis and Tommy do seem to have reservations to me

• Advertisement

On a slightly side issue, but who owns that brown yoke Dennis was driving.He came into the show as a bum, and now he is driving a feckin people carrier.......:rolleyes:.I dont think Rita owns it, unless she got rid of that other small yoke she had and pulled out the money from under the mattress to trade it in............

Everyone on the street seems to be able to get jobs fairly quick, Rob and even Tracy..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

well Rita pointed out a few home truths to Tina, telling her that passing Izzy on the street with baby Jake will be rubbing her nose in it

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Some of the above comments dovetail nicely with another thread on Boards at the moment, on After Hours, "Unrealistic Aspects of Soaps"...quite entertaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

See Izzy sitting there impatiently looking around at the ground beside her chair 'where do you keep the yellow pages?!' Wtf? Did she expect it to be lying on the ground and the room already stuffed with furniture and people:confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

After Tina had the Baby Izzy said Gary could not see the baby, Izzy was mad because Tina let Gary see the baby. Izzy and Gary screamed at each other in front of the baby, while the baby was in an incubator, they really didn't seem to care about him then. Izzy could have had a baby herself, but couldn't be bothered. Izzy first act as a mom was to keep the baby from its father. Really I doubt Gary and Izzy could care for cat let alone baby. Windass and Armstrong families are nut cases. Neither Owen or Anna has any kids who turned out decent. Tina was right to keep the baby, either she should keep him , or a sane adoptive family should get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Izzy is not only physically disabled, but she is mentally to unstable to be a mom. Baby's premature and in an incubator and she screams at Gary in front of the baby. Cow only cares about herself. I hope she gets her tubes tied, she should not be a mom ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You do know it's a TV show, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Izzy is not only physically disabled, but she is mentally to unstable to be a mom. Baby's premature and in an incubator and she screams at Gary in front of the baby. Cow only cares about herself. I hope she gets her tubes tied, she should not be a mom ever.

Maybe a little harsh but i have to agree. Izzy is a selfish cow with a poor me complex. And when she tries to cry i just want to slap her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

What really annoyed me about all the baby intensive care scenes was the amount of people allowed into the intensive care room. Emmerdale did the same thing. It's amazing that anyone can walk directly up to an incubator and stick their hand in to touch a critically ill premature baby, without even washing their hands and using a hand steralizer, it's no wonder the baby suffered an infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I know Tina might make a better mother, but Gary and Izzy (annoying and as messed up as they are) are the ones who provided the sperm and egg for the baby. Tina wouldn't have had the baby without them. In my eyes, even though she gave birth to the baby, Gary and Izzy are that child's parents.

Finding Corrie really irritating at the moment- The Barlows are just beyond ridiculous, basically punching in the time with stupid storylines whilst himself is out of action; the fire storyline seems like it's going on foooooorrrrreeeeeeverrrr, the Eileen storyline is having the ar$e dragged out of it too. And now the Tina baby business which adds to Izzy's cry face exposure.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mr E wrote: »

Coronation Street is srz bsns :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

LizT wrote: »
    Coronation Street is srz bsns :mad:

It's what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

She Devil wrote: »
    It's what?

'Serious business '

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

She Devil wrote: »
    It's what?

srz bsns

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Oh good lord I must get myself with the times! :)
    I prided myself on being "down with the kids" ;)

It sure is Srz bsns! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Most irritating comment ever.

I'm not meaning to sound like a b***h, but seriously, how could the writers possibly have cast Katah as Izzaz sister? The could not be more opposite in the looks department...I hope poor Izzaz isn't reading this from the Green Room or we'll all be struck down :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

what's wrong with poor Eileen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

You know,it's not easy finding a photo of 'da face' ! :pac:

Izzy.jpg

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,712 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek:

This discussion has been closed.