Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Chucken wrote: »
    What was all the pacing about?

At one stage, during his eureka moment I'm almost sure I saw a lightbulb appear over his head. He is the most cartoonish actor on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well this is uncomfortable.

Sure are an awful lot of fires in the Weatherfield area recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What's the legal situation with regard to surrogacy/biological mother? Can she do this?.She cant expect to just take the child and Izzy and Gary not object to it.

After all, she is not the mother.Could she could then just go into a random house where there is a baby and take it?.Thats kidnap.

What is Tracys job? Chat line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Here in Ireland the birth mother is considered the mother full stop. The owner of the egg does not get a look in. As there is no legislation to control surrogacy. (Which is appalling IMHO )
    I thought that in uk surrogacy had some protection in law but I'm not so sure now.

Wow Tina, don't hold back now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Izzy barely looks bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

This Tracey toilet stuff is obviously covering up more deleted Ken scenes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tina, your family and relationships are far from stable either!

• Advertisement

Shelga wrote: »
    This Tracey toilet stuff is obviously covering up more deleted Ken scenes :rolleyes:

The family acting very childish. At least shes trying to earn some money.
    Why the big laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Can't stand Sean recently - he has to have his gob in everything :mad:

Marcus is totally sweet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Tina give them the feckin baby, I can't look at any more Izzy crying scenes! My eyes! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The family acting very childish. At least shes trying to earn some money.
    Why the big laugh?

It was funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tina is such a self righteous cow. Your no ompaloompa coloured saint either...

After further tests, Tina is told Joe is now strong enough to be breast-fed. The news reaffirms her belief that the baby needs her but as she struggles to feed him Tina wonders if she's doing the right thing.

I figured she would call him that but now there are 2 baby Joes on the street :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

After further tests, Tina is told Joe is now strong enough to be breast-fed. The news reaffirms her belief that the baby needs her but as she struggles to feed him Tina wonders if she's doing the right thing.

I figured she would call him that but now there are 2 baby Joes on the street :rolleyes:

No the other one is called Jozef :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

oh please keep the baby tina :) little joe would have nightmares looking at kizzys crying face :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

oh please keep the baby tina :) little joe would have nightmares looking at kizzys crying face :eek:

:D:P;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What happened with Rita did I miss something? one minute she's in the hospital shouting at Tina telling her she can't do this to Izzie and Gary then she's telling Dennis open the door quick and let them in :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

casio4 wrote: »
    What happened with Rita did I miss something? one minute she's in the hospital shouting at Tina telling her she can't do this to Izzie and Gary then she's telling Dennis open the door quick and let them in :confused:

That was funny. " open the door Dennis , quick, they're coming for us"

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭dixiedan

casio4 wrote: »

Poor old Rita seems to be losing it ..and has been for a while if you ask me. Did ye ever notice the way her mood changes at the drop of a hat..one minute she's all sweet and nice to (..insert your own character here..) and if they say something that she disagrees with, she nearly loses it :rolleyes:

It's not right, Joe, I'm telling yah, not right!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jimmyw wrote: »
    What's the legal situation with regard to surrogacy/biological mother? Can she do this?.She cant expect to just take the child and Izzy and Gary not object to it.

After all, she is not the mother.Could she could then just go into a random house where there is a baby and take it?.Thats kidnap.

Can Gary as the father get custody, could him and Izzy as a couple unite go for full custody is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm sick of this Eileen story....I thought we'd heard the end of this. She said she wouldn't tell Paul how she was feelng 'cos the last time she told him so, she nearly lost him. What??? The last time she told him how worried she was she finished with him 'cos she couldn't handle it not vice versa.

Are the whole street sharing the same brain cell???? FFS Karl's as obvious as fcuk!!!

Tina is being unfair. She shouldn't have let herself get so attached. It seems like she spends more time by the baby's bedside I know but the child's not genetically hers, she nourished him but he's not part of her. In the USA Baby M surrogacy story, Mary Beth was the genetic mother but after a lengthy court case, she still lost the child to the prospective parents but gained visitation rights. Heartbreaking it was:(. Gary and Izzy need to get back together or even married to show a united front, Izzy's separation from the natural father especially with her disability may well go against her.

Just found this. Doesn't sound good for Gary and Izzy's chances...
    It should also be noted that, at present, the law does not recognise surrogacy as a binding agreement on either parties. There is very little the intended parents can do to secure their position prior to the birth, even in the case of gestational surrogacy where the baby is genetically related to both intended parents and not the surrogate.Once the child is born and if the intended father's name goes on the birth certificate, then he automatically has equal rights over the child with the surrogate. If not a Parent Responsibility Agreement can be entered into by the intended father with the surrogate mother, which gives them equal rights over the child, this only applies in certain cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

That's real life law, won't apply in Weatherfield. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

When Steve said to Eileen, You're like something the cat dragged in, I could not help thinking, it must have been some cat

funnycatssss.jpg

It looks like Coronation Street could be following Emmerdale. I can see Eileen becoming dependent on sleeping tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Brian makes off with Roy's pastries. His forthcoming departure will surely be cardiac related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

That mealy mouthed bloody Izzie showed exactly what she thought of Tina - "bowing and scraping, threading on eggshells even when she to pinch me boyfriend" - she's managed to convince herself that Gary was blameless. If I were Tommy I'd pop a bunch of balloons beside Gary's ear when he wasn't expecting it and give them something to take their minds off the baby.

Also what's all that about if Izzie could have carried the baby she would. It was her own choice not to get pregnant again because she was so upset emotionally by the miscarriage that she wouldn't give it another try. It's not like she couldn't get pregnant or carry a baby to term.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement