Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Barbarian FC, Sat 1 June 12:30pm; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

What is Barnes raving about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

johnny on for farrell. and murray on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wish SKY would shut up about the conditions, haven't seen the ba ba's throwing terrible passes like the Lions.

Because they've had no possession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This is rediculos. At the end of the day Farrell's been fairly poor and anyone who says so is shouted down by the pc brigade saying give him a chance

Do you know what PC means?

Deserved try from Davies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Scrappy try but we'll take it if it's given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Bridge93 wrote: »
    This is getting annoying, people are just using every excuse to have a go at Farrell.

+1. I was hoping people would be impartial, but if the thread just descends into criticising whoever is challenging an Irish player for a spot, it gets really tedious.

If Sexton's good enough (which he is) he won't need Farrell to play poorly to get the 10 spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

That had to be a knock-on?

Maybe not after the replays

This is rediculos. At the end of the day Farrell's been fairly poor and anyone who says so is shouted down by the pc brigade saying give him a chance

He hasn't been great, he hasn't been awful. His kicking has been a major part of what went well for the Lions. His passing has been awful, as have others.

I'd give him a 6 or 7

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 1-10
    Scrappy try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That last try.....

Go on.......... ah f**k............yes......ahhhhhhhhh......try!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Swiwi wrote: »
    +1. I was hoping people would be impartial, but if the thread just descends into criticising whoever is challenging an Irish player for a spot, it gets really tedious.

If Sexton's good enough (which he is) he won't need Farrell to play poorly to get the 10 spot.

I don't think people are having a go at all. Farrell's playing poorly (imperious with the boot) in broken play and deserves the criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

So people who disagree with you are just being PC? Ah here.

I wouldn't write off Farrell just yet. Sexton is in pole position bar a loss of form but Farrell will still be an important player off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I don't think it's people feeling threat Sexton's under threat just that Farrall's not always the most likeable person (not all his own doing).

Lions by 1-10
    The Roberts and Davies partnership has looked good

37-8 59 mins played

Good try from my favorite non Irish winger! Well done Murray for the offload too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Nice work by Murray, nice finish by Cuthbert

Lions by 1-10
    Nice bit of pace shown by Cuthbert

Nice try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I think it's more his character, there are many other Lions who are offer much more of a challenge to Irish players that nobody has said anything about. All a bit pointless really

All from a bad pass by Nick Evans (I think it was). He's bloody useless. 10s who can't pass should be shot.

Poor Jim hadn't a hope, nice try!

42-8 62 mins played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

BaaBaas pretty underwhelming. People say that if the Lions lose the series, the Lions concept is under threat, but when was the last time a BaaBaas side was even half competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Barbarians by more than 10
    Forgive me but what has Farrell ever done to put him in the Ashton/Hartley category :confused:

Greenwood describes Toby F's game as "outstanding"

What the hell is it with these commentators and rampant exaggeration?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Tough kick there

BaaBaas pretty underwhelming. People say that if the Lions lose the series, the Lions concept is under threat, but when was the last time a BaaBaas side was even half competitive?

It should be scrapped. However it will only be scrapped if people stop showing up for matches. Eventually that will happen IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My problem with Farrell is that Johnny is not going to play every minute. I have zero faith in Farrell covering for him adequately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

He's fat, he's round, he always goes to ground Matt Stevens, Matt Stevens...

Advertisement