Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

@ Jayod30

Very nice mate, love the madbull gear on it, posh or what ;)

Was wondering what devilish plans you had for the gen3 ascu fet .

@ Rooky

Tasty work as always mate :)

DP

Yeah, the Madbull stuff is lovely. Very toffee nose indeed my good chappie

I ended up ordering 3 of the ASCU gen3 MOSFETS, just incase I get an urge for another 1 or 2 CRC's, which is quite possibly only a few weeks away:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Savage CRC Jason, hope you get many kills with it, id love to get a new CRC only i have too many aegs as it is :) and a CRC needs to be gamed :) not sit in a gunbag at home lol, let me know how the new ascu units go would like too try out the new ascu with the new ascu hop up :)

stigmau5 wrote: »
    Savage CRC Jason, hope you get many kills with it, id love to get a new CRC only i have too many aegs as it is :) and a CRC needs to be gamed :) not sit in a gunbag at home lol, let me know how the new ascu units go would like too try out the new ascu with the new ascu hop up :)

Hoping to get it out to range it on Sunday on family members farm. Unfortunately doesn't look like it'll be games until the last Sunday of this month. Will keep you updated on the ASCU

As for the hop unit, Carl has one and he was saying he was having trouble with it. I think he said when he switched from full auto to semi it cut off thinking the mag was empty when it wasn't, something along those lines anyway. Carl could tell you more than myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

jayod30 wrote: »
    Hoping to get it out to range it on Sunday on family members farm. Unfortunately doesn't look like it'll be games until the last Sunday of this month. Will keep you updated on the ASCU

As for the hop unit, Carl has one and he was saying he was having trouble with it. I think he said when he switched from full auto to semi it cut off thinking the mag was empty when it wasn't, something along those lines anyway. Carl could tell you more than myself

ha sounds good/bad i suppose thats the problem with new shiney things lol when im in Canada ill save up for a hole kinda tactical shooter loadout eg Chris Costa, Travis Haley loadout so will get Carl to build me a aeg like theirs :)
    hope it goes great for you, every one needs a CRC in there arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Was he using a standard high cap when the hopup had the problem? As far as I know the ASCU tells by whether there are BBs moving in the magwell between shots. So when a mag isn't feeding anymore it'll stop the aeg, like when a hi cap has to be wound again.

• Advertisement

CpcRc wrote: »
    Was he using a standard high cap when the hopup had the problem? As far as I know the ASCU tells by whether there are BBs moving in the magwell between shots. So when a mag isn't feeding anymore it'll stop the aeg, like when a hi cap has to be wound again.

I'm quite sure it was a mid cap he was using. He'll tell you more about it, hes more technically minded than myself hence why he does my upgrades and builds for me:-)

Thought it was worth a mention. The method they're using is smart if it works, but that's IF it works reliably. Will have to see if they're picky about mag brands and BBs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Tried it with a standard hicap, lonex hicap, m-mag mid, emag mid, mag mids and it is the same on all of them:(

It works perfectly on all of the mags if you use it on semi.
    But once you switch it to full auto it doesn't. It will let you fire a short burst or a long burst, but after you take your finger of the trigger it will then let you fire one shot and then it acts like the mag is empty.
    This happens on all of the mags no matter the capacity.

Sad to hear. Sounds like better components are needed or a revision of the software. Don't know how they didn't catch onto it in QA. Sampling rate might be off and causing confusion.

Going to fit it to another aeg and see if it does the same with that one.
    Just in case there is a fault with the ascu it is fitted too at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gewinde

@Jayod30, im not much of an m4 fan but that CRC is pretty cool. Well ware!

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Going to fit it to another aeg and see if it does the same with that one.
    Just in case there is a fault with the ascu it is fitted too at the minute.

Can you keep me updated on this please when you get round to checking it? I have a friend with a compatible ascu and he was planning on getting the unit but if it doesn't work then I can tell him to leave it.

I will of course:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

@Lil armour that's great work with snake's m1911 man. It turned out excellent. Respect

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Horse84 wrote: »
    @Lil armour that's great work with snake's m1911 man. It turned out excellent. Respect

Thanks man! It took about 11 hours total for part fitment, polishing and everything else I dont believe in dremels haha. I'm thinking of filling the mainspiring housing and engraving in stepping? Or would that be too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Lil Armour wrote: »
    Thanks man! It took about 11 hours total for part fitment, polishing and everything else I dont believe in dremels haha. I'm thinking of filling the mainspiring housing and engraving in stepping? Or would that be too much?

too much? in airsoft? how long have you been playing airsoft :p I say go for it :)

Sound Target!! Feck it sure! Just need to find an engraver now hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Lil Armour wrote: »
    Sound Target!! Feck it sure! Just need to find an engraver now hmmmm.

no bother mate, always glad to help even if it means making more work for you :rolleyes:
    post up pictures when you get it done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

gun looks really well man and since u did all the hard work i thought i'd make it easy on the engraver heres a list of them in dublin. http://www.yourlocal.ie/search/county-dublin/engravers hope this helps. post pics if u get it done

Ah of course I will lads, sure once the stepping is done thats it, I won't be bothering engraving the numbers cause the trades on it are grand for me :) and thanks for the kind feedback too, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I always dread when I see "Photos of your Airsoft equipment (No Discussion)" and the name "Horse84" underneath.

Not remotely in a harsh or bad way but because every thing in your photos Mike I want :D. Whats the VFC 416 like?, was always curious about what it would be like in a GBBR system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

I always dread when I see "Photos of your Airsoft equipment (No Discussion)" and the name "Horse84" underneath.

Not remotely in a harsh or bad way but because every thing in your photos Mike I want :D. Whats the VFC 416 like?, was always curious about what it would be like in a GBBR system.

Hehehe cheers man! Those posts are getting fewer and farther between these days I'm afraid. More hanging onto what I have presently more than anything.

As regards the 416, I have to say the build quality is excellent. I had a WE hk416c up until last year and no comparison at all. The trigger unit is well put together and it shoots really consistently for me anyway. Almost as good as my old as we g36c (should never have sold that) Not a wobble to it.
    Downside, the hop up adjustment, u have to take off the front rail and it's really awkward in the extended IAR version for some reason but that's a minor enough issue.
    In the pic I've a g&p pmag on it which I use in WA based m4. That and pro win m4 mags fit snug as a bug but obviously need some modding to actually fire. The stock mag with it is lightweight and no leaks so far
    It's damn expensive but a really well put together gbbr. How practical it is for skirmishing, you're asking the wrong guy, I'd cry if I saw some dirt on it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Nice set up Rooky1 with the new chrono set up, really like it.

Was always curious with a comparison with xcortect and proper grade chrono towards it.

Thanks for sharing it :)

Thanks DP.
    I had been putting off ordering one for ages.
    I was surprised how close my xcortech was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Thanks DP.
    I had been putting off ordering one for ages.
    I was surprised how close my xcortech was.

To be honest I was the same mate, I didn't know what to expect from the a recognised chrono in real steel terms.

I was curious about the 2 pads over it too. Only though it was a theory using them but it must be true if available towards them :)

The white pad/shade things are too simulate a cloudy day:-)
    Or so the manual says!

Direct sunlight can effect the sensors.
    Indoors artificial light can fool the sensors into thinking shots are being fired across the sensors as man made lights tend to flicker even if you can't see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i've always found the xcortect to be accurate, some of he difference is more than likely down to the distance between th gates, in the xcortect the gates are very close together

but nice comparison, with the printer you can start printing certs for people.............;) (before anyone start it is a joke ok)

Thanks Puding.

I always liked the xcortech and I'm happy to see that they really are a decent and accurate chrono.

Glad I bought the scanner one, now I just need to find someone that sticks the printer paper:-)

Thanks Puding.

I always liked the xcortech and I'm happy to see that they really are a decent and accurate chrono.

Glad I bought the scanner one, now I just need to find someone that sticks the printer paper:-)

You looking for printer paper for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

You looking for printer paper for it?

Is that you Michael scott???

Advertisement