Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

He shouldn't have revealed himself to Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who goes back to investigate the penthouse and sees the glass going into the secret compartment?

Deadshot's eyepiece looks better than his old one anyway.

And now let's see what other Doctor Who companions/partners we can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

Not that happy with the latest ep. I reckon at this point Oliver should just take out a full page ad in the Starling Gazette or whatever the local paper is called. By the end of the season half the city will know his identity at this rate. Also, the baddies were particularly dumb this week. The sniper could have just killed Merlin through the glass while he gave the speech or, shock thought of the day, just planted himself in the room, or the girl with the white hair could have done it. The two guys who Tommy and Daddy met at the top of the stairs were taking the piss. I wondered if the thugs were deciding, well, should we kill these two guys or maybe just ask them if they're heading for a few pints? They waited long enough for Merlin Snr to get his act together and blow them away. The piece at the end where Laurel's sister 'might be alive' was also incredibly silly. Looks like everybody survived the shipwreck at this stage. If I was Mr. Queen Snr I'd be spinning in my grave at this stage for being stupid enough to blow myself away really.

I really hope the show isn't going down this route where the baddies are just dumb and the goodies have all the time in the world to blow them away. Small things like the above are starting to annoy me about the show now so I just hope they don't fester and end up ruining it for me altogether in time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

squonk wrote: »
    Not that happy with the latest ep. I reckon at this point Oliver should just take out a full page ad in the Starling Gazette or whatever the local paper is called. By the end of the season half the city will know his identity at this rate. Also, the baddies were particularly dumb this week. The sniper could have just killed Merlin through the glass while he gave the speech or, shock thought of the day, just planted himself in the room, or the girl with the white hair could have done it. The two guys who Tommy and Daddy met at the top of the stairs were taking the piss. I wondered if the thugs were deciding, well, should we kill these two guys or maybe just ask them if they're heading for a few pints? They waited long enough for Merlin Snr to get his act together and blow them away. The piece at the end where Laurel's sister 'might be alive' was also incredibly silly. Looks like everybody survived the shipwreck at this stage. If I was Mr. Queen Snr I'd be spinning in my grave at this stage for being stupid enough to blow myself away really.

I really hope the show isn't going down this route where the baddies are just dumb and the goodies have all the time in the world to blow them away. Small things like the above are starting to annoy me about the show now so I just hope they don't fester and end up ruining it for me altogether in time.

+1....you're not alone, lots of people have said the same, Tommy finding out was a mistake. BUT...I think they have a story arc plan with this reveal, it might be Tommy dad comes out to him as The Dark Archer....he and Arrow fight, Darky Archer gets killed.....Tommy vows revenge and becomes the new Dark Archer.

That plot seem familiar?....yeah, Spiderman 1 + 2 :rolleyes: - I hope it dosent go there, WAY too many people know now....having Felicity know as cool but Tommy was too far and unnesscary.

It was an action packed ep. but it tried to stuff in too much!, and considering Geoff Johns wrote it [Smallville Absolute Justice] I was expecting more.

Instead of The Huntress Returns they should have called it, My Psycho Ex Girlfriend! ;)

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    He shouldn't have revealed himself to Tommy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Spoilers-Geoff-Johns-Oliver-Secret-Black-Canary-1062003.aspx

LOL!...I soo called this!

We can only imagine that if Oliver is the one to kill the Dark Archer, Tommy would be so furious that he would take his father's place — similar to the breakdown of Peter Parker and Harry Osborn's relationship in Spider-Man when Harry took over the mantle of Green Goblin following his father's death.

And we'll see more of Shado, Yau Fei's daughter: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Celina-Jade-Shado-Oliver-Spoilers-1062249.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Not back untill the 20th, ffs!

Returns tonight after a 3 week break with hot, sexy Jessica D.G.

Crixus a series regular for season 2; http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-manu-bennett-season-2-430044

• Advertisement

Wow!....what an episode! :D - a superb return to form, cracking stunts/action and The Huntress is one BAD A** B!TCH! :D

Jaysus, taking out all those FBI agents, rocking that stripper outfit and leather...and those shoes! :cool:

Jessica De Gow is superb in the role, her delivery of lines and facial expressions, a very unhinged girl. And she got away!....but her shooting McKenna is a very bad omen for their next meeting.

Oliver will have to take her down next time, Roy Harper lived upto is Speedy name + nice comic nod with the syringe/him being a junkie.

After a few dodgy/patchy episodes this was terrific action and story, i'm meh on Laurel as usual!....they seriously need to give her a reason to exist, hasten her decent into Black Canary.

And I still think we're headed to Spiderman with Tommy and his dad, if Oliver kills him in the finale no doubt he'll become the new Dark Archer :rolleyes:

Everyone is predicting it, I just hope the writers don't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

I don't know much about the comic so don't know about Dark Canary but I did in general like last night's episode. Plenty of action and Helena is always welcome.

Again though, what is wrong with Laurel's dad? He must be the dumbest cop in the city if he's not beginning to suspect Oliver at this point. Helena told him FFS! McKenna getting shot was also weak IMHO as she was in an excellent position to ferret out Oliver's identity now but they've conveniently removed her.

I love the show but it's small things like this that are pissing me off about it. Pissed off Tommy is another one. He hasn't a great right to be pissed off with Oliver. Oliver saved his ass, and his dad's ass as well. Personally I'd have expected Oliver to tell him to stop being such a douche or expect an arrow in the head. If Laurel is supposed to turn into a dark warrior herself, I sure as heck don't see that happening at the rate things are going. Does everybody turn into a dark warrior? When you have everybody and their friends donning eyemasks, the show will become stupid IMHO. I'm afraid somewhat that it might be heading in that direction at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After seeing Richard's "Wow... what an episode" post this morning (replete with lots of smileys and 5/5 rating!), I was really looking forward to this.

Hmmmmm.... Jessica De Gouw = Wow, but otherwise, merely an above average episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought was a meh episode. Huntress isn't a great actress. And don't like how she's now got no excuse for being a murderer. Nothing to justify her killing FBI agents. If she just wounded them it would've been better. Just feel they ruined the character.

The island stuff was very sparse.

At least the Tommy/Ollie relationship improved again which means that tension is out of the way at least. It was getting annoying.

And I never understand when characters are asked to tell secrets why they don't just reply, like Tommy should've to Laurel, with "It's not my secret to tell"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I said this once before but I'm going to say that again .

More flashbacks please ffs !!!

Is it me or has Oliver become increasingly annoyed and nasty towards Felicity? :(

I mean: http://tvline.com/2013/03/26/arrow-season-1-spoilers-video-oliver-yells-at-felicity/

^ guess we were wrong, since she found out about Arrow there have been less and less signs of Olicity becoming an item......:(

Had a mini catchup session there, glad there was a 3 week hiatus.....
    Anyway, not bad with the latest being better then Salvation. Interesting scene right at the end with Tommy and his dad, it was the look on there faces....foreshadowing, like his dad....i gotcha!, and kinda an evil smile on Tommy's face.

Like....welcome to the party son, when i die you can be the new Dark Archer....take a look at my lair look on his face :-)

What about the orderly?....Arrow killed the doctor but i dont think Diggle took out the orderly!....he saw Oliver's face as well + The Count lives, to return again i'm sure.

How frickin' HOT is Celina Jade/Shado!!!....body on her, must Google and fap.....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What about the orderly?....Arrow killed the doctor but i dont think Diggle took out the orderly!....he saw Oliver's face as well + The Count lives, to return again i'm sure.

He's dead, they said so later in the episode.

After a 3 week hiatus, Arrow returns tonight with a fresh episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Nice to see Arrow back seemed like ages since the last ep

• Advertisement

Very solid episode last night, lots going on....Diggle quits, Tommy quits Laurel, Yao Fei quits his daughter. Good on Tommy for realising both Oliver and Laurel are still in love....drop kick that hussy to the curb!

Anyne notice Katie Cassidy looking a bit chubby under the neck?...Roy Harper turning into Speedy + Wonder Twins refrence. Think Ollie made a bad move choosing yer man over Deadshot.

Next week....Felicity!

"it feels really good having you inside my ear" ......oh matron! :eek:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Good season so far, any idea how many series they can squeeze out of this?

Felicity - it feels really good having you inside me = :eek: :D:P

LOL!....haha!, jesus tht was funny and rather naughty!, the promo totally had an outtake as they had Felicity say something totally different in the promo!

Deffo one one the best eps. of the season, the flashbacks were pretty good as well. I wonder did Moira know it was Frank who planted the bomb when she ratted him out to Malcom?....who in turn went all Dark archer on him?

Glad they found and rescued Walter, good character to have around. felicity was all round excellent in this ep. + she got the most screen time ever, never tire of her :P

So Ollie knows Mommy Arrow is in cahoots with Malcolm + the device is on its way to the Glades, Tommy tells Laurel how it is....but i am soooo meh on those two.

I'd prefer Ollie with anyone expect Laurel, prefrence = Felicity, but anyone will do. 3 left to go.....:)

Predicted this all season, but 100% confirmed now....Tommy becomes the new Dark Archer, it's Spiderman/Harry Osborne all over again.....:rolleyes:

Its such a darn cliche! :rolleyes: i expected more from the producers, when Oliver asked what Tommy did and he said he worked closely with his father, Tommy seeing Laurel and Oliver porking....the promo for the season finale, Tommy finds the Dark Archer's lair....pretty obvious Malcolm gets killed at the hands of Oliver.

He takes over Queen Industries and trains up to avenge his fathers death etc.
    As for the ep. - pretty solid stuff, i was :eek: at the
    killing of Yuo Fei
    and Malcolm discovering the identity of Arrow.

Felicity was awesome as usual, hope she dosent get into trouble for the hacking next week! :eek:

Roy is on his Speedy trajectory, wonder if Moira gets killed + if SHE is the one pulling Fryers strings on the island?

We saw a womans legs....gotta be her right?, great season overall - its fluff but good fluff :)

Predicted this all season, but 100% confirmed now....Tommy becomes the new Dark Archer, it's Spiderman/Harry Osborne all over again.....:rolleyes:

Its such a darn cliche! :rolleyes: i expected more from the producers, when Oliver asked what Tommy did and he said he worked closely with his father, Tommy seeing Laurel and Oliver porking....the promo for the season finale, Tommy finds the Dark Archer's lair....pretty obvious Malcolm gets killed at the hands of Oliver.

He takes over Queen Industries and trains up to avenge his fathers death etc.
    As for the ep. - pretty solid stuff, i was :eek: at the
    killing of Yuo Fei
    and Malcolm discovering the identity of Arrow.

Felicity was awesome as usual, hope she dosent get into trouble for the hacking next week! :eek:

Roy is on his Speedy trajectory, wonder if Moira gets killed + if SHE is the one pulling Fryers strings on the island?

We saw a womans legs....gotta be her right?, great season overall - its fluff but good fluff :)

Spoilers man? And in the first line too...

Spoiler tagged thread + its speculation on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Dude dont be a twat and come onto the thread BEFORE watching the episode, seriously it's where it's discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,995 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I stopped watching it recently

Just have no interest in it anymore. Find its not good anymore

Drodan wrote: »
    Dude dont be a twat and come onto the thread BEFORE watching the episode, seriously it's where it's discussed.

Its not difficult to use the spoilers tag. Also it's a place for discussion as well. Do you suggest we make multiple threads to talk about the episode & the show in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Its not difficult to use the spoilers tag. Also it's a place for discussion as well. Do you suggest we make multiple threads to talk about the episode & the show in general.

Actually would be a cool idea.

It is a place for discussion but naturally that discussion would lead into plot points and revelations, unless it's just comments like how well Felicity is looking lately.

Advertisement