Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online coffee resources

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm looking for suppliers of Monini syrups - in particular the Chai variety. I recently had a cocktail with this as one of the ingredients. I'd love to make this cocktail for Christmas day, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

dudara wrote: »
    I'm looking for suppliers of Monini syrups - in particular the Chai variety. I recently had a cocktail with this as one of the ingredients. I'd love to make this cocktail for Christmas day, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

You can order them from Coffee Ireland here: http://www.coffee-ireland.com/Products.aspx?CatID=5
    I ordered a set of espresso cups from them before and everything worked out fine, so there shouldn't be any problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks - I also found Taylerson's Syrups on www.discountcoffee.ie. Either way, it looks like I'm sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

sebphoto wrote: »
    VST looks good, however I'm not professional barista to pay few times more for something what I'll use twice per day. Maybe I'm not on right side of the force, but you know - coffeehit asks Ł5 for double basket :)
    Anyways your recommendation is really good.
    By the way who on earth is responsible for such crap as pressurized filter basket or that stupid tiny plastic thing.. damn.

I've placed order at CoffeeHit and since yesterday I'm happy owner of double, single and blind basket. Shipping takes 5 days, but it was worth it. Anyways i'm a bit dissapointed because of third party Gaggia Classic seller on Amazon. They didn't send that tiny stupid plastic thing, however Amazo gives me back 20Ł.
    By the way, approx mid Dec I'll receive some 58mm tampers (stainless steel base + wooden handle) for just 20€. If someone is interested - let me know :)
    87857ac_20.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Click for the full size image:

PopChartLab_Coffee_ZOOM822_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

http://www.coffeemojo.ie/

Coffee Mojo, Wicklow based coffee roaster. Free shipping on orders over €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

snollup wrote: »

Whats the coffee like with these guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Slattsy wrote: »
    Whats the coffee like with these guys?

Its excellent. I've been buying from them since late last yr and get an order once a month from them now.

donnacha wrote: »

Its excellent. I've been buying from them since late last yr and get an order once a month from them now.

Thanks.
    I see you replied to my other thread too, thanks again.
    I found these afterwards and really like the look of them. Seem like their in the business for the right reasons and have some ethics.

Of all the coffee on their site can you recommend one or two? I like a sweet coffee, but one that's full of caffeine.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any experience with Saula coffee?
    Anyone from Spain here? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

snollup wrote: »

It says €40 on the site now :-(

trap4 wrote: »
    It says €40 on the site now :-(

It's still worth it.
    Lovely coffee. I get mine here all the time. Couldn't recommend enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is www.espressocoffeeshop.com still a good and well trusted site before I part with my lovely cash?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think they are fine as long as nothing goes wrong, but can be a nightmare if you need any after sales support.
    I ordered from them and thankfully didn't have any problems.

If you are ordering something big maybe worth the extra few quid to order off somewhere else for peace of mind.

check these threads out first anyway:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055735279

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/questions/344897

I'd email to make sure they have stock before paying.

What about www.myespresso.co.uk?

Any recent experiences with them from anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What are you looking to order?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What are you looking to order?

I'm looking to get a silvia maybe in a bundle with a grinder.

Ok, yeah I ordered mine from there(espressocoffeeshop) and it worked out OK, but if it is faulty or it is damaged in transit I would imagine they would be quite difficult to deal with.

I always recommend coffeeangel.com for a grinder. They really are excellent, they went completely above the call of duty in resolving an issue I had with a Vario I got from there. I also know others on here have had similar experiences with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

VST baskets - usage tips
    (thanks to Karl & PPC for sharing link)

http://www.fivesenses.com.au/blog/2013/02/06/andy-vst-baskets

Gaggia classic has dropped 30 pounds on Amazon to 169.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »

they do that quite often (amazon.co.uk)

sebphoto wrote: »
    they do that quite often (amazon.co.uk)

As Donnacha indicated before:
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Classic-RI8161-Machine-Professional-Stainless/product/B0000C72XS

Amazon Price History

Current
    £169.99
    May 16, 2013

Highest *
    £300.00
    Mar 23, 2010

Lowest *
    £149.95
    Feb 14, 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Golf Pro

Does anyone know a good service agent for an automatic expresso machine. My machine is a Gaggia and I have used their agents in Citywest before but I find them very expensive and not very helpful.

Golf Pro wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good service agent for an automatic expresso machine. My machine is a Gaggia and I have used their agents in Citywest before but I find them very expensive and not very helpful.

What needs doing. I have a Gaggia Classic and maintain it myself. YouTube is a wonderful thing!

If not, I believe there is a place in Harolds Cross that services coffee machines. If memory serves their fairly expensive too.

Any one know somewhere online, preferably in Ireland where I can get a blank filter basket?
    The delivery is too high most places, if there was somewhere that sends them via ordinary post...

Parcel Motel might be an option for those UK sites with crazy ROI shipping?

Does Hasbean have them in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Any one know somewhere online, preferably in Ireland where I can get a blank filter basket?
    The delivery is too high most places, if there was somewhere that sends them via ordinary post...

Watermark/Gaggia in Citywest have them on their website: http://www.gaggia.ie/range/accessories/

Don't think this has been posted before bur it's a really handy site... www.brewmethods.com.

Also, some interesting stuff here for Aeropress fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 oddsoxrocks

I've bought parts from ShockWaves shop on eBay, they are good at responding to questions and giving advice.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ShockWaves-Shop/_i.html?_kw=coffee&_kw=machine&_kw=spare&_sid=47191922

- Can anyone tell me if there is someone / somewhere were I can get a new water pump fitted to my Gaggia Cubika, domestic machine?

I'm located in Galway and would prefer to have it fixed locally rather than send it away for repairs.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Has anyone used myespresso.co.uk or [snipped]?
    Are they safe?

• Advertisement

Has anyone used myespresso.co.uk or [snipped]?
    Are they safe?

On Myespresso site at least they provided VAT number and it seems valid at least according to this.

[snipped]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Thanks lads. They both have a Silvia & Rocky set for about st£600. It's more than I should spend on coffee gear, but seems like good value for the products. I wouldn't pay any more than that, to be honest. I'll probably get a Gaggia from Amazon.

Thanks lads. They both have a Silvia & Rocky set for about st£600. It's more than I should spend on coffee gear, but seems like good value for the products. I wouldn't pay any more than that, to be honest. I'll probably get a Gaggia from Amazon.

Gaggia classic from Amazon (keep an eye on price via camel camel)
    Check whether happydonkey will ship mc2 here currently.
    Or pop into/email coffee angel and talk to Karl about grinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Wiggles88

Hey anyone have any experience with http://www.lagondola.it/ ?
    Im thinking of picking up a nice leaver machine from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DMARTINGTI

Has anyone tried jjdarboven ie online shop . They have an interesting selection and prices don't seem over the top. I might try them out. I had some of the Movenpick previously and it was very nice. Shop in Dun Laoghaire looks good also but far away from me here in Cork.

Actually on the lookout for new blends too after i picked up a mocha pot recently.
    Usually use Coffee Mojo, just fancy something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Cloudpicker have started to sell online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Jezek wrote: »
    Cloudpicker have started to sell online.
    Would love to order from them, but at €5 for delivery, I'd have to order a sizeable quantity of coffee to justify the postage cost. Got some beans from them before and they were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Would love to order from them, but at €5 for delivery, I'd have to order a sizeable quantity of coffee to justify the postage cost. Got some beans from them before and they were great.

I didn't know it cost that much..I wouldn't order when coffeemojo is 2.10 for two.

• Advertisement

There has to be some delivery costs lads.
    2.10 to delivery 2 bags of coffee is nothing.

I certainly would not pay 5e though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    There has to be some delivery costs lads.
    2.10 to delivery 2 bags of coffee is nothing.

I certainly would not pay 5e though.

I think that's exactly his point, jezek as saying 2.10 is very reasonable but wouldn't pay double that from cloudpicker.

Well then i concur !

My understanding of this is that if a bag weighs less than 250g (Mojo's are 227 I think) the postage will be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Been buying beans from Ponaire.ie only €5.90 for 250g bag and free delivery for orders over 500g,great coffee IMO would recommend the Indian blend in particular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Been looking to get an Iberital MC2 but it seems happydonkey don't ship to Ireland currently, anywhere else that isn't a total ripoff in comparison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Been looking to get an Iberital MC2 but it seems happydonkey don't ship to Ireland currently, anywhere else that isn't a total ripoff in comparison?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

Happy Donkey specifically state that they don't ship anywhere outside of Mainland UK, including Northern Ireland, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Happy Donkey specifically state that they don't ship anywhere outside of Mainland UK, including Northern Ireland, unfortunately.

Damn I had 3 items bookmarked myself to get from them, sry ;)

If you email him he might send you what you are looking for, I tried that when I was looking for a naked PF, though may be a bit different when you are talking about a grinder!

adrian522 wrote: »
    If you email him he might send you what you are looking for, I tried that when I was looking for a naked PF, though may be a bit different when you are talking about a grinder!

I'll give it a shot, what's the email? Alternatively, does anywhere else sell it (other than Pennine)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement