Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online coffee resources

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

snollup wrote: »
    http://www.coffeemojo.ie/

Coffee Mojo, Wicklow based coffee roaster. Free shipping on orders over €20.

It says €40 on the site now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

trap4 wrote: »
    It says €40 on the site now :-(

It's still worth it.
    Lovely coffee. I get mine here all the time. Couldn't recommend enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is www.espressocoffeeshop.com still a good and well trusted site before I part with my lovely cash?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think they are fine as long as nothing goes wrong, but can be a nightmare if you need any after sales support.
    I ordered from them and thankfully didn't have any problems.

If you are ordering something big maybe worth the extra few quid to order off somewhere else for peace of mind.

check these threads out first anyway:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055735279

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/questions/344897

I'd email to make sure they have stock before paying.

What about www.myespresso.co.uk?

Any recent experiences with them from anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What are you looking to order?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What are you looking to order?

I'm looking to get a silvia maybe in a bundle with a grinder.

Ok, yeah I ordered mine from there(espressocoffeeshop) and it worked out OK, but if it is faulty or it is damaged in transit I would imagine they would be quite difficult to deal with.

I always recommend coffeeangel.com for a grinder. They really are excellent, they went completely above the call of duty in resolving an issue I had with a Vario I got from there. I also know others on here have had similar experiences with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

VST baskets - usage tips
    (thanks to Karl & PPC for sharing link)

http://www.fivesenses.com.au/blog/2013/02/06/andy-vst-baskets

Gaggia classic has dropped 30 pounds on Amazon to 169.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

JPA wrote: »

they do that quite often (amazon.co.uk)

sebphoto wrote: »
    they do that quite often (amazon.co.uk)

As Donnacha indicated before:
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Classic-RI8161-Machine-Professional-Stainless/product/B0000C72XS

Amazon Price History

Current
    £169.99
    May 16, 2013

Highest *
    £300.00
    Mar 23, 2010

Lowest *
    £149.95
    Feb 14, 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Golf Pro

Does anyone know a good service agent for an automatic expresso machine. My machine is a Gaggia and I have used their agents in Citywest before but I find them very expensive and not very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Golf Pro wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good service agent for an automatic expresso machine. My machine is a Gaggia and I have used their agents in Citywest before but I find them very expensive and not very helpful.

What needs doing. I have a Gaggia Classic and maintain it myself. YouTube is a wonderful thing!

If not, I believe there is a place in Harolds Cross that services coffee machines. If memory serves their fairly expensive too.

Any one know somewhere online, preferably in Ireland where I can get a blank filter basket?
    The delivery is too high most places, if there was somewhere that sends them via ordinary post...

Parcel Motel might be an option for those UK sites with crazy ROI shipping?

Does Hasbean have them in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

Any one know somewhere online, preferably in Ireland where I can get a blank filter basket?
    The delivery is too high most places, if there was somewhere that sends them via ordinary post...

Watermark/Gaggia in Citywest have them on their website: http://www.gaggia.ie/range/accessories/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Don't think this has been posted before bur it's a really handy site... www.brewmethods.com.

Also, some interesting stuff here for Aeropress fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 oddsoxrocks

I've bought parts from ShockWaves shop on eBay, they are good at responding to questions and giving advice.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ShockWaves-Shop/_i.html?_kw=coffee&_kw=machine&_kw=spare&_sid=47191922

- Can anyone tell me if there is someone / somewhere were I can get a new water pump fitted to my Gaggia Cubika, domestic machine?

I'm located in Galway and would prefer to have it fixed locally rather than send it away for repairs.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Has anyone used myespresso.co.uk or [snipped]?
    Are they safe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Has anyone used myespresso.co.uk or [snipped]?
    Are they safe?

On Myespresso site at least they provided VAT number and it seems valid at least according to this.

[snipped]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Thanks lads. They both have a Silvia & Rocky set for about st£600. It's more than I should spend on coffee gear, but seems like good value for the products. I wouldn't pay any more than that, to be honest. I'll probably get a Gaggia from Amazon.

Thanks lads. They both have a Silvia & Rocky set for about st£600. It's more than I should spend on coffee gear, but seems like good value for the products. I wouldn't pay any more than that, to be honest. I'll probably get a Gaggia from Amazon.

Gaggia classic from Amazon (keep an eye on price via camel camel)
    Check whether happydonkey will ship mc2 here currently.
    Or pop into/email coffee angel and talk to Karl about grinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

Hey anyone have any experience with http://www.lagondola.it/ ?
    Im thinking of picking up a nice leaver machine from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DMARTINGTI

Has anyone tried jjdarboven ie online shop . They have an interesting selection and prices don't seem over the top. I might try them out. I had some of the Movenpick previously and it was very nice. Shop in Dun Laoghaire looks good also but far away from me here in Cork.

Actually on the lookout for new blends too after i picked up a mocha pot recently.
    Usually use Coffee Mojo, just fancy something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Cloudpicker have started to sell online.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Jezek wrote: »
    Cloudpicker have started to sell online.
    Would love to order from them, but at €5 for delivery, I'd have to order a sizeable quantity of coffee to justify the postage cost. Got some beans from them before and they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Would love to order from them, but at €5 for delivery, I'd have to order a sizeable quantity of coffee to justify the postage cost. Got some beans from them before and they were great.

I didn't know it cost that much..I wouldn't order when coffeemojo is 2.10 for two.

• Advertisement

There has to be some delivery costs lads.
    2.10 to delivery 2 bags of coffee is nothing.

I certainly would not pay 5e though.

Advertisement