Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Espressocoffeeshop.com

Options
  • 10-11-2009 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I'm thinking about buying this espresso machine soon from espressocoffeeshop.com. I'm cool with the machine, but I have a few questions regarding the site itself.

Are they any good, and does anyone have any experience with them? I know they're recommended in the sticky, but I was hoping to hear from someone who has actually had dealings with them recently.

The reason I ask is because I have recently been burned quite badly by coffeeitalia.ie (never, under any circumstances deal with them), but during the course of the whole fiasco I've been told that a certain part in those machines breaks very easily during transport.

So, I'm preparing myself for the idea that if I do buy it from them, I might have to get it repaired. Will they hang me out to dry like coffeeitalia.ie? What's their after sales support like? What courier do they use? Are the machines packaged well etc?

Any other advice or information would also be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

I bought a similar model from BTs last xmas for my parents, unfortunately I don't have the price to hand to compare but I did get 20% off before xmas from them and a few nice bits and pieces (couple of mugs and coffee) thrown in. Typically BTs would be the last place I'd shop but on the coffee machine front they are competitive and a main gaggia reseller in Ireland - it might be worthwhile pricing it with them as you have no shipping concerns and a local shop should you have any issues with parts.

I've never bought from espressocoffeeshop.com so can't comment, but I'm sure a few of the users here will know about them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I bought my MC4 from them and had no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I bought my Gaggia New Baby Class from them two years ago.

When the machine arrived it had a fault (leaked water all over the place).
    See my post regarding the problem here

The good news they paid for a courier to collect the faulty machine and send me a new one with no cost to me (as I would expect).

I would recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sendit445

I had a bad experience with espressocoffeeshop.com. I bought an Andreja Premium from them for €1300 because it was the best deal.

It arrived with water leaking all over the inside of the box. It had scracthes on the lovely shiny stainless steel finish, and the serial number on the machine did not match the serial number on the box it arrived in.

I initially telephoned them about the leaking water and got a satisfactory response. The next day however I emailed them about the scracthes and sent photos. There was no response to two emails, so I was really not happy and a bit suspicious.

I rang again and said I wanted to return it. I was told that was okay but received no explanation or apology.

I returned the machine at a cost of €150 to myself. I received no reply to six emails sent over a number of weeks after UPS confirmed delivery of the machine. I was unable to contact the shop by phone, so I disputed the transaction with VISA.

Eventually I received a refund from the shop six weeks after they received the machine from me. No apology or reply of any kind to my emails.

I was unfortunately very disappointed with this "service" and cannot recommend espressocoffeeshop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

I bought 3 coffee machines and 3 Grinders from them and have never had a problem, always a fast good service.....and cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Would have to say that i had no issues with the purchase of my machine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 okbilly

hi dave just so you know i put my order in for the silvia. just wait and see now how it goes. curiosity go the better of me and i can always cancel the ccc if it turns bad:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 okbilly

dave, my silvia came. all the freebies were included and the pakaging was really good. i telephoned after i put the order in to get the tracking number too and they emailed that to me. so far so good now i just have to learn how to drive it. any tips??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

okbilly wrote: »
    dave, my silvia came. all the freebies were included and the pakaging was really good. i telephoned after i put the order in to get the tracking number too and they emailed that to me. so far so good now i just have to learn how to drive it. any tips??

I can't say I am an expert and you might get better advice from the videos on youtube etc but...

- let it heat up for a good 20-30mins
    - get a proper tamper as that plastic one that comes with the silvia is rubbish
    - make sure you have a good burr grinder and fresh beans (dont buy them in supermarkets, always check the roast date)
    - grind fine enough to the point where you choke the silvia i.e. the coffee won't flow out. Then reduce the fineness of the grind until you get good shots in 20-25 seconds
    - use bottled water if your tap water tastes of chlorine.
    - Every few months depending on usage you should clean the silvia (backwash, descale), always clean the portafilters and group head after each use.

The silvia itself is easy to use, all the important things you need to do are before you even get to press the on switch in the silvia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 novyan

Oh My God!, this is my current experience with this espressocoffeeshop.com I wrote here http://www.home-barista.com/advice/anybody-has-any-problem-purchasing-from-espressocoffeeshop-dot-com-t17992.html

So if anyone would ever think of buying from this website, think again. I am at frustrating state right now, can't contact them, email, online support, online feedback form, offline message form, tried them all, no answer! I just hope I got my money back and forget about cheap discounted macap MXK, It's rather more expensive but securer from other website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Juhana

Just wanted to give feedback about Espressocoffeeshop.com too. I ordered a coffee grinder in the summer 2011 from this shop. Delivery was great, quick and nothing to complain really.

Now, the grinder broke. According to their website you can send the broken device to them using UPS with 15euro flat rate. Before you need to get a after sales case number from them (per email). Now the problems start! I have sent them 4 emails (first on 27.12.) and I HAVE NOT GOT ANY RESPONSE!

Please share this message to your Facebook wall. Maybe this status update hits their own wall at some point of time if enough people publish this on their walls! With such a lousy (or actually not existing) after sales service they deserve a bad online reputation. Let's use the extreme viral power of facebook!

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

maybe try an old fashioned phone call? number is on their site.

Advertisement