Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hazys wrote: »
    Different teams, different demand. $150 is the minimum for Pats tickets on the secondary market and that is double the price.

I can't imagine the demand for the dolphins patriots to be higher than for the bears packers, so while the price will be higher than face value I doubt it will be double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I can't imagine the demand for the dolphins patriots to be higher than for the bears packers, so while the price will be higher than face value I doubt it will be double.

True. I went to Pats and Fish Last year and of the few games I went to that was the only one I had to go to stubhub for and it cost me $275 for both tickets. Generally with Pats tickets they start at $110 each for standing tickets and then range from 125-150 each min for nose bleeds. It depends on who is selling the tickets also.

Interestingly enough I went to the Packers Bears opener in 2009 I think it was and looking at the receipt here is was $175 per ticket and they mid level seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I think I've posted some of his videos before, but this guy makes the best compilation videos on YouTube by far. Another excellent season review on here.

Te'o's girlfriend made Maxim's Hot 100

hot100_2013fake_girlfriend_slide_original.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Here's the totally NSFW naked version of that Maxim photoshoot.

7Z7iDa.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Being watching the NFL network a bit to get my fill.
    The hard knock series from 2010 was on,kinda took a liking ot Rex Ryan after it.
    I haven't seen any of the other series though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Justin10

Titus Young arrested for the third time in a week.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Titus Young arrested for the third time in a week.

Jebus just saw that. What a fooking mong he is. Burgalry and Resisting arrest this time round.
    Titus Young's life continues to spiral out of control.

Less than a week after Young was arrested twice in a 15-hour stretch, the former Detroit Lions wide receiver was again placed under arrest, charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, according to a Detroit News report.

Young was apprehended around 11:30 p.m. Friday in San Clemente, Calif. after he attempted to break into a home. When officers arrived at the scene, Young attempted to flee on foot. When cornered, he tried to fight the officers.

"There was a brief struggle," Lt. Joe Balicki of the Orange County Sheriff's Department told the Detroit News "He wanted to fight with the deputies. They ended up subduing him."

Young is still in custody as of Sunday, according to multiple reports. He's being held on $75,000 bond.

On May 5, Young was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence after he was pulled over for an illegal left turn. He was arrested again, 15 hours later, for trying to steal his vehicle out of the impound lot.

Young, a 2011 second-round draft pick, was released by the Lions in February after a tumultuous year with the team that saw him being sent home on three separate occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I feel for Young, I don't think he's your average knucklehead and rumours going around that he's bi-polar. He seems like pretty decent guy from this clip on NFL network before he was drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168932/article/titus-young-arrested-for-third-time-within-week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2012 - Titus Young will break out
    2013 - Titus Young will break in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I feel for Young, I don't think he's your average knucklehead and rumours going around that he's bi-polar. He seems like pretty decent guy from this clip on NFL network before he was drafted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168932/article/titus-young-arrested-for-third-time-within-week[/QUOTE]

Yep, dude needs help. Something clearly very wrong at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

honestly I feel for him, his life is spiraling out of control, something is seriously wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He should be locked up before he seriously hurts himself or someone else.

Apparently the house he entered, the owner woke and saw a shape standing at the bedroom door and then leaving the room. So the guy quickly calls the cops and grabs his rifle for protection. Young is so lucky not to be lying in a morgue right now. Sad to see a talented kid like Young fall deeper into an abyss. He really needs help, locking him up for a while will keep him safe now. But he needs some serious crisis intervention, mental health evaluation and therapy. Otherwise this could all end very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I know it's old but hell I was going through the different video's of the Seahawks players all mic'd up and had to watch this one of the playoff game against Washington. My god Trent Williams comes off as a right **** at the end, waiting in line to get a piece of Sherman at the end, reminds me of something you'd see on a night out on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Stev_o wrote: »
    I know it's old but hell I was going through the different video's of the Seahawks players all mic'd up and had to watch this one of the playoff game against Washington. My god Trent Williams comes off as a right **** at the end, waiting in line to get a piece of Sherman at the end, reminds me of something you'd see on a night out on the town.

To be fair Sherman comes across as pretty punchable in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

He didn't hit him hard enough. Sherman is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Trent Williams was a sore loser (arse)

Sherman little annoying but just trying to drive on his own guys & he holds up his side of the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

LH2013 wrote: »
    Trent Williams was a sore loser (arse)

Sherman little annoying but just trying to drive on his own guys & he holds up his side of the bargain.

Sharing Ipad with OH n forgot to log out of her handle. Sherman's great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Sharing Ipad with OH n forgot to log out of her handle. Sherman's great fun
    Yeah, yeah.

You've just uncovered yourself as a big softy who loves Weddings and cats :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah.

You've just uncovered yourself as a big softy who loves Weddings and cats :P

Sooner wedding is done n dusted the better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

From West Baltimore, Tavon Austin suddenly has found his life filled with leeches
    “Everybody expects a lot of things from you as far as money,” Austin told the Rams’ website. “Everybody wants to be around you. My phone doesn’t stop ringing now. It feels like they’re counting my bank account now. So that’s probably the hardest thing for me right now, just people.”
    “I’ve got a lot of cousins now,” Austin said. “The whole [city of] Baltimore is my cousin now. We’re going to just try to keep focused and let my mother and all of them handle it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/tavon-austin-says-everybody-he-knows-is-asking-for-money/

Everyone knew this went on, sure the same would happen if you won the Euromillions in Ireland and didn't keep it private. Relations and friends crawling out of the woodwork.

Austin seems a smart young kid and it's likely he'll manage this well. I don't know about putting a family member in charge of everything though!

Just reading this bit from the above link..
    ..let my mother and all of them handle it..
    The mother bit I can live with, assuming of course she's pretty grounded and dependable. But it's the 'all of them' part that worries me. Now if he had Bill Gates bank account, it would be wise to hire an expert or two. Personally though, I can't understand why he just can't do it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

The best Quarterback in Eagles history will retire an Eagle. Donavan McNabb may have had a terbulant last couple of years but he was superb for Philie for pretty much his whole career. He'll officially retire in September when we play the Chiefs and Andy Reid. McNabb was a polarising figure for much of his career but he was also one of the most exciting players in the league during his prime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,829 ✭✭✭nerd69

frostie500 wrote: »
    The best Quarterback in Eagles history will retire an Eagle. Donavan McNabb may have had a terbulant last couple of years but he was superb for Philie for pretty much his whole career. He'll officially retire in September when we play the Chiefs and Andy Reid. McNabb was a polarising figure for much of his career but he was also one of the most exciting players in the league during his prime

Great player and was tough as nails I hope the boo boys in the Philly crowd don't ruin tge day for him it won't be as emotional as dawks last year but should be a great night

Titus Young now arraigned on 8 charges in total and could possibly face 7 1/2 years in jail. His father Richard, is now claiming his metal health issues originate from a concussion he suffered.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000200010/article/exlion-titus-young-arraigned-on-eight-charges

Head injuries and brain trauma can in some cases lead to behavioural changes. With erratic and inappropiate agressive behaviour a common manifestation. But proving whether a concussion actually caused Young's behaviour is not so straight forward imo. Now what is interesting are the reports that Young is using synthetic marijuana and if true, then that for me is the likely cause of his recent behaviour.

Synthetic marijuana can precipitate psychosis and in many cases these episodes are quite prolonged(can last for days at a time). An individual with any underlying emotional issues, is liable to suffer from these psychotic events when taking it. This seems to tie in with Young's crazy few days last week. Locking him in a cell with do nothing for him, the poor guy needs detox and rehab asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Young has had issues for a while. I doubt it's just down to marijuana.

Young has had issues for a while. I doubt it's just down to marijuana.

See here........
    Synthetic marijuana can precipitate psychosis and in many cases these episodes are quite prolonged(can last for days at a time). An individual with any underlying emotional issues, is liable to suffer from these psychotic events when taking it.

• Advertisement

I hope this isn't a case of the father trying to lay blame rather than seek help for his son. Young has had problems all the way back to high school and through college. To suggest it stems from a solo concussion seems a bit naive. Sure concussions could do this damage but I doubt it in his case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement