Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't Ive ever been to a concert were I've been sober to be honest there have been one or two outdoor concerts though were I have been sober by the end.

ALCOHOL!!!!

Homemade curry followed by alcohol I wonder what the next post will be :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's part and parcel of the Irish gig going experience though, isn't it? It's like your hand is missing something if it's not holding a pint. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's hard to hold a pint when you're headbanging :P

Passenger wrote: »
    It's part and parcel of the Irish gig going experience though, isn't it? It's like your hand is missing something if it's not holding a pint. :pac:

Sure is in my case though normally its a vodka either from the bar in the 02 or outdoor smuggled in :D. I dont like Carlsberg or Heineken which normally means im screwed at concerts.

Angron wrote: »

That's true, Angron. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A very astute point, have to say I miss living across the road from Vicar Street, being able to nip back to the flat for cans during the intermission was a handy benefit

Well Prometheus was well pretty crap :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Shame is - when you're supposed to ring the take away to get curry but ring your parents house automatically without thinking and ask for a delivery.

Freudian slip?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Freudian slip?

Isn't that where you say one thing, when you mean your mother? :pac:

Marty it's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is what the Super Troopers reference is! But man, I love Super Troopers!!! :-D

• Advertisement

Isn't that where you say one thing, when you mean your mother? :pac:

Marty it's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is what the Super Troopers reference is! But man, I love Super Troopers!!! :-D

Ah yeh I know its out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but you can't beat " these snozberry's taste like snozberry's" Super Troopers is one of my favorite films. Loved the Slammin Salmon aswell :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Re drinking at gigs, I try and avoid it, even though I only know of one time I drank enough for it to affect my memory I like to remember as much of gigs as possible so I don't drink at them or if I do only have a pint or two.

The vegan Spanish place replied to me today and said although they're impressed with my CV (not sure why, there's **** all on it) and they're interested in me as a candidate they don't like hiring short term staff because, as well as all the effort of training someone who leaves after few months, they're customers are mainly regulars who like to know the staff. However they said to contact them next year when I graduate because they want to hire me long term if I'm still interested. Considering most places I apply don't reply to me full stop I'm pretty ****ing happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

My friend and I are currently recording an acoustic cover of this ridiculous(ly great) song :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Greetings from le sack!!! Bed is a wonderful place, Adiboo may never leave cos i am cosy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Greetings
    from le sack!!! Bed is a wonderful place, Adiboo may never leave cos i
    am cosy!!

I can't believe you just announced that you're in bed with adi. :p Knew that'd happen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Aw I missed the new thread smell. You guys have already dirtied it up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Freudian slip?

It's not the first time it's happened either...

I'm so sleepy, I'm almost falling asleep standing up in work. :pac:

But, I'm going to the rugby after work, fcuk yeah :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm so sleepy, I'm almost falling asleep standing up in work. :pac:

But, I'm going to the rugby after work, fcuk yeah :D
    Is it the Pro 12 semi tonight? I watched the Ulster - Scarlets game, bit one sided.

Is it the Pro 12 semi tonight? I watched the Ulster - Scarlets game, bit one sided.

Just a tad, happy I backed the handicap draw though, if only I put a bit more than a quid on it though :o

• Advertisement

I'd kind of figured Ulster would beat the Scarlets, I'm hoping Leinster can beat Glasgow, they'd have the fun of a (technically) home final :D

I'd kind of figured Ulster would beat the Scarlets, I'm hoping Leinster can beat Glasgow, they'd have the fun of a (technically) home final :D

They should do but Glasgow are a tough team to play against. I think I might have a small nibble at the Traitorelli bet of Glasgow +10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Il be going to that final if it happens
    Know a lad that gets tickets fairly cheap and always offering me tickets but can never go
    Need to get back playing it myself :)
    Been a while since I last played
    Working nights means can't train and can't train means can't play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

P_1 wrote: »
    They should do but Glasgow are a tough team to play against. I think I might have a small nibble at the Traitorelli bet of Glasgow +10
    Don't think so
    Leinster have won the last 3 battles of these two and the line up for Leinster today is the same as it'll be for heino semi and that's a strong team
    Front row is just a powerhouse alone
    Healy strauss and Ross. That's a giant front row and probably the strongest in European rugby at the moment
    Leinster by 13 points

P_1 wrote: »
    And you have a Leinster avatar, you scoundrel! :P

I dunno if leinster will win tbh. I'm obviously hoping they do, but Glasgow are a tough team to play against. Should be a great match, though. :)

Go sports teams.

What's the weather like in Dublin?

Don't think so
    Leinster have won the last 3 battles of these two and the line up for Leinster today is the same as it'll be for heino semi and that's a strong team
    Front row is just a powerhouse alone
    Healy strauss and Ross. That's a giant front row and probably the strongest in European rugby at the moment
    Leinster by 13 points

Glasgow score tries for fun though and Leinster's defense hasn't been the best as of late. Also those last 3 wins were by 7, 6, and 5 points if I recall correctly. Having said that Leinster have covered in all their matches since April.

I think they'll win but not by too much

• Advertisement

What's the weather like in Dublin?

Shoite

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement