Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meath Picture Game.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Oh and BTW, is it Athcarne Castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Oh and BTW, is it Athcarne Castle?

Haha, yep it sure is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

HA! I have an interesting one for yiz!

I have no picture, but there is a picture of an everyday object, somewhere in Meath, on an ad on tele at the moment. 10 points for finding the ad, bonus points for the exact location!!!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

newmug wrote: »
    HA! I have an interesting one for yiz!

I have no picture, but there is a picture of an everyday object, somewhere in Meath, on an ad on tele at the moment. 10 points for finding the ad, bonus points for the exact location!!!;)
    That's not interesting at all tbh.

This thread has gone quiet so here is a really spurious one.

ForAafke.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Heres a new one. Any ideas where this is?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Archeron wrote: »
    Heres a new one. Any ideas where this is?

Total guess, but I reckon it could be the cemetery on the Hill of Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Speedtrap

Skryne/Rathfeigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

That cluster of trees on the hill in the back left looks a bit like Tara. I don't think it looks like the graveyard at Skryne though. I'm not sure basically :D

• Advertisement

Speedtrap wrote: »
    Skryne/Rathfeigh

Yep, Skryne it is.

Gone a bit quiet so here's one to whet your appetite

WhereinTrim_zps306eed30.jpg

Cool, a new one.
    I'm thinking the ruins at the back of st Patrick's church of Ireland near supervalu in trim.

Try this one. I know it's spurious but someone might cop it.

03B92613EE29479487D4D7907EB3ECE6-0000320339-0003234200-00800L-F15852F259A14068ADA72D9FB7514E84.jpg

"Somewhere near Trim" is the best I can do for location, but seeing as I saw that balloon yesterday, can I guess that the shot was taken yesterday? :)

PauloMN wrote: »
    "Somewhere near Trim" is the best I can do for location, but seeing as I saw that balloon yesterday, can I guess that the shot was taken yesterday? :)

Yep, it was yesterday evenings flight but you'll have to be more specific on the location. I don't think there's very many of those stupid signs around Meath - in fact I think that's the only one I've seen and it is in quite a prominent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Great photo! Nicely timed

Is it beside those GAA pitches on the Navan road halfway between Trim and Navan?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Is it beside those GAA pitches on the Navan road halfway between Trim and Navan?

That's the one.

Funny thing is, I never noticed that sign before, but spotted it when I was on the way home from Navan last night! I must have been subconsciously taking note of all the road signs after seeing your photo!

Odd place to have one of those, I can understand needing one at the end of a one-way system or junction, but there?

• Advertisement

Well you have to admire MCC and their road signs. I reckon the bloke in charge of erecting them has a brother who makes them given the amount of stupid unnecessary signage all around the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Used to think the same about all of the signs in Meath. But after the horrendous difficulty we had trying to find Newbridge for a match last summer due to the total sparsity of road signs we ended up on a big tour of north Kildare.

Made me thankful for the massive amount of totally unnecessary signage Meath have, least you are always sure where you are going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Gone a bit quiet so here's one to whet your appetite

WhereinTrim_zps306eed30.jpg

Is that the ruins of the church at Ardenew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Old Cemetery near Yellow Furze?

washiskin wrote: »
    Old Cemetery near Yellow Furze?

Is that the ruins of the church at Ardenew?

I'm afraid this one was spotted a while back. It's behind the Church on Loman Street in Trim.

Here's a new one! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Roundabout at Knightsbrook Trim

Roundabout at Knightsbrook Trim

It sure is. That was quick!

Have to say, that sculpture looks really good. I was wondering what the hell they were doing when they dug up all those lovely flowers. Very pleased with it, looks fab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

Just passed this in the dark, heading out of Trim. I thought it was a lad hanging off a gallows. Spooky!

Advertisement