Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Meath Picture Game.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭ pullandbang

Oh and BTW, is it Athcarne Castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭ Archeron

Oh and BTW, is it Athcarne Castle?

Haha, yep it sure is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭ newmug

HA! I have an interesting one for yiz!

I have no picture, but there is a picture of an everyday object, somewhere in Meath, on an ad on tele at the moment. 10 points for finding the ad, bonus points for the exact location!!!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

newmug wrote: »
    HA! I have an interesting one for yiz!

I have no picture, but there is a picture of an everyday object, somewhere in Meath, on an ad on tele at the moment. 10 points for finding the ad, bonus points for the exact location!!!;)
    That's not interesting at all tbh.

This thread has gone quiet so here is a really spurious one.

ForAafke.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭ PauloMN

Heres a new one. Any ideas where this is?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭ PauloMN

Archeron wrote: »
    Heres a new one. Any ideas where this is?

Total guess, but I reckon it could be the cemetery on the Hill of Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Speedtrap

Skryne/Rathfeigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭ GhostInTheRuins

That cluster of trees on the hill in the back left looks a bit like Tara. I don't think it looks like the graveyard at Skryne though. I'm not sure basically :D

• Advertisement

Speedtrap wrote: »
    Skryne/Rathfeigh

Yep, Skryne it is.

Gone a bit quiet so here's one to whet your appetite

WhereinTrim_zps306eed30.jpg

Cool, a new one.
    I'm thinking the ruins at the back of st Patrick's church of Ireland near supervalu in trim.

Try this one. I know it's spurious but someone might cop it.

03B92613EE29479487D4D7907EB3ECE6-0000320339-0003234200-00800L-F15852F259A14068ADA72D9FB7514E84.jpg

"Somewhere near Trim" is the best I can do for location, but seeing as I saw that balloon yesterday, can I guess that the shot was taken yesterday? :)

PauloMN wrote: »
    "Somewhere near Trim" is the best I can do for location, but seeing as I saw that balloon yesterday, can I guess that the shot was taken yesterday? :)

Yep, it was yesterday evenings flight but you'll have to be more specific on the location. I don't think there's very many of those stupid signs around Meath - in fact I think that's the only one I've seen and it is in quite a prominent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ chewed

Great photo! Nicely timed

Is it beside those GAA pitches on the Navan road halfway between Trim and Navan?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Is it beside those GAA pitches on the Navan road halfway between Trim and Navan?

That's the one.

Funny thing is, I never noticed that sign before, but spotted it when I was on the way home from Navan last night! I must have been subconsciously taking note of all the road signs after seeing your photo!

Odd place to have one of those, I can understand needing one at the end of a one-way system or junction, but there?

• Advertisement

Well you have to admire MCC and their road signs. I reckon the bloke in charge of erecting them has a brother who makes them given the amount of stupid unnecessary signage all around the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭ CrabRevolution

Used to think the same about all of the signs in Meath. But after the horrendous difficulty we had trying to find Newbridge for a match last summer due to the total sparsity of road signs we ended up on a big tour of north Kildare.

Made me thankful for the massive amount of totally unnecessary signage Meath have, least you are always sure where you are going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭ newmug

Gone a bit quiet so here's one to whet your appetite

WhereinTrim_zps306eed30.jpg

Is that the ruins of the church at Ardenew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭ washiskin

Old Cemetery near Yellow Furze?

washiskin wrote: »
    Old Cemetery near Yellow Furze?

Is that the ruins of the church at Ardenew?

I'm afraid this one was spotted a while back. It's behind the Church on Loman Street in Trim.

Here's a new one! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ All4shopping

Roundabout at Knightsbrook Trim

Roundabout at Knightsbrook Trim

It sure is. That was quick!

Have to say, that sculpture looks really good. I was wondering what the hell they were doing when they dug up all those lovely flowers. Very pleased with it, looks fab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ Inspector Dhar

Just passed this in the dark, heading out of Trim. I thought it was a lad hanging off a gallows. Spooky!

Advertisement