Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

• 19-02-2013 10:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Well it's been over a year since Nuri started the BO2 thread so I guess we should get started on this years Call of Duty game. Hopefully, one of the mods can edit the thread title when the official name for it becomes available. A few things happened at the end of last week. Activision announced that there would be a new CoD game in 2013. If you haven't heard about this conference, you can read it here:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/9688/activision-lines-up-next-call-of-duty-title-for-2013.html

This is obviously not big news because we get one every year but here's the interesting bit....

Tmartn (a YouTube commentator) has said that the next game will NOT be called Modern Warfare 4. There are a few reasons for this but the biggest is that it sounds far too similar to COD4: Modern Warfare which could potentially be a marketing nightmare. A lot of others have re-iterated this. Now a lot of YouTubers attended a conference and have said that it won't be called MW4 but they never revealed WHY or HOW they know this. Their reason for keeping tight lipped is that they get invited to play these games early and of course, they don't want to sever any networking ties they've built up over the years with these companies.

So it won't be called MW4 but we will see a return of Captain Price in some form. British actor Bill Murray (the voice of Captain Price) let slip that he was traveling to America to do voice overs/work for the next game. Personally, I think MW3 wrapped up the storyline pretty well. The villain is dead. There is nothing left they can do so my guess is that Price plays a role along the lines of Frank Woods in BO2 or something....i.e - recalling past events of something....

I don't have too much hope for a massive improvement. Even if the next-gen consoles are released in the next 20 odd months or so, developers are still going to concentrate on the current gen machines because everyone that plays COD won't be buying the new hardware on day one. From a business perspective it would be financial suicide so we can expect another COD game built for this generation of machines. So it's as you were....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Never again is all I can say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

COD : Post Modern Warfare. Heard it here first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

call of duty : ran out of names

i think this franchise/series/what ever they want to call it should be over
    or at least give it a year break
    its as bad a fifa been released every year
    theirs barely anything new and alot of things wrong
    people need breathers and this series has brought this game out year after year producing the same stuff since mw1 , if i was them i would wait 2 years then release another cod on the next gen when alot of people will have the console
    this gives people a break from the game
    they will have more time and stuff to work with since it will be 2 years and a new system
    overall better for everyone i think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, I agree they should give it a break.
    Wasn't a big fan of Blops although enjoyed zombies. MW3 was disappointing but still got a lot of fun out of it. Can't say the same for Blops 2 - first time I didn't even complete the SP.
    There's no chance tho 'cos Activision are making too much money.
    As much as I beach and moan I'll buy it on release in the hope it'll recapture past glory..........:(

I'd really love someone to release a COD killer at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I haven't played the single player since cod 4. Zero interest in it or the zombies for that matter. Maybe if they scrapped everything but the multiplayer, 1 year might actually be enough time to make a decent game. Then again it probably wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree they should give it a break.
    Wasn't a big fan of Blops although enjoyed zombies. MW3 was disappointing but still got a lot of fun out of it. Can't say the same for Blops 2 - first time I didn't even complete the SP.
    There's no chance tho 'cos Activision are making too much money.
    As much as I beach and moan I'll buy it on release in the hope it'll recapture past glory..........:(

I'd really love someone to release a COD killer at this stage

A COD killer that isn't just a COD clone would be nice, I don't understand this mentality game companies have where ever MP game has to have COD-like elements in it, Crysis 2 had a 3/5/7 killstreak system ffs.

I haven't played Blops2 in a while, I went back to COD4 and its still brilliant, dated sure but its still enjoyable so what the hell.

I wish they'd go back to basics for the next one, forgot the ridiculous amounts of killstreaks and stuff that make it such a clusterfcuk of a game like it is now, bring back 3/5/7 and that's it, drop the stupid amount of customisations and perks and equipment bar frags, semtex, smoke and flashbangs. No claymores, no TI's, no camping equipment, run and gun all the way. Stop rewarding people being bad players and it'll get the series back on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

krudler wrote: »
    I haven't played Blops2 in a while, I went back to COD4 and its still brilliant, dated sure but its still enjoyable so what the hell.QUOTE]

I'm kinda the same. I play MW2 to get my fps online fix now. Don't care about the issues it has I'm deliriously happy when playing it. Get grief from the guys I play with for not being on Blops 2 but can't go back.
    TBH there's probably something I could do with my internet / router / provider that would improve the issues but then I'd have no excuse not to play MW2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

they could always just skip a year as such and realease a "greatest hits" mutliplayer game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

they could always just skip a year as such and realease a "greatest hits" mutliplayer game

ive been saying they should skip a year since black ops 1
    its the same crap over and over and i keep on falling for it
    this year is the only year i actually didnt buy a cod on release day which was blops2 i left it for a few months and only recently got it
    sadly with the money their pulling in every year from these games theirs not a hope in hell they will stop the series or give it a break

ive been saying they should skip a year since black ops 1
    its the same crap over and over and i keep on falling for it
    this year is the only year i actually didnt buy a cod on release day which was blops2 i left it for a few months and only recently got it
    sadly with the money their pulling in every year from these games theirs not a hope in hell they will stop the series or give it a break

every 18 months would be the right job, time it so you get one in the summer one in the winter alternatively. It'd give more dev time to the new game and they wouldnt only be fixing the bugs on the current one while the new one has trailers out.

remember IW announcing they fixed the rock glitch on MW2? well over a year after its release everyone had moved onto Blops 1 at that stage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I'm suffering from CoD burn out I think.need a break.since CoD 4 they have being getting more meh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im a die hard call of duty player but even im thinking how stupid it is to release one every year. im bored of each game by january.

i cant think of anything new they can add that will freshen it all up. new maps and guns just dont do it for me anymore. but of course ill be out at midnight picking my hardened copy up:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Respawn ( people behind COD4 ) have confirmed they will show their game at E3 in June. Cod might finally have some direct competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

The new COD game might suffer at the hands of EA this year.

Not only do they have Battlefield 4 which is "astonishing" apparently to contend with, they're also up against the original creators of Call of Duty, Jason West and Vince Zampella. Great news on Respawn Ent. If anyone can dethrone COD, it's got to be the creators, right? I mean they already did it once before with Call of Duty (they made Medal of Honour beforehand) so they can do it again.

It will take a lot more than another generic game ala MW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnnyknowall

i wouldnt be surprised if it was on the new consoles, call of duty 2 was out more or less straight away on th 360.

to be honest we all know what to expect theres not much they can do with an already defined game style only polish it some more which is what they do all the time, my hope is that its on the new consoles it would drive the sales up for the next gen consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Some new rumours from Drift0r:

Basically:
    • Not called MW4, it will be COD Ghosts.
    • Announcement near May 1st.
    • Set in the future but with current generation weapons.
    • Dynamic MP loading screens i.e. repelling from a helicopter.
    • Specs Ops gone, replaced with something else.
    • Destructive Environments
    • Available only next gen consoles and PC i.e. PS4, XBOX 720 & PC
    New movements:
    • Dash into slide while shooting/ shoot while sliding
    • Peaking around corners is back.
    • Roll side to side while prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

•Available only next gen consoles and PC i.e. PS4, XBOX 720 & PC
    Can't see this being the case , there's no way Acti will miss out on the money to be made off the current generation of consoles . And how come sh1t lag Compensation isn't on the list , its been in the last few COD games .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

derm0j073 wrote: »
    And how come sh1t lag Compensation isn't on the list , its been in the last few COD games .
    because not only are we suffering through a recession they want to curse us with forever been stuck in lobbies with camping french fuks and high pitched,irritating ,squeaky voiced spanish ones:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

How about this.

Infinity Ward...Stop making CoD. Your games are sh1t. Leave it to guys who can actually think outside the box, like Treyarch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

How about this.

Infinity Ward...Stop making CoD. Your games are sh1t. Leave it to guys who can actually think outside the box, like Treyarch!

im usually looking forward to new call of dutys. but ive just had enough of infinity ward. of course ill still buy it though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks like Tesco may have jumped the gun on this one! PlayStation 3 and Xbox versions up on the website (though I'm sure we can expect to see next-gen at some point).

Source

Tesco Packshot

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They've exhausted World War, they've exhausted Modern Warfare, now they're going to exhaust the Paranormal. God ****ing damnit, Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

This possibly the rumoured prequel game following Ghost? Was rumoured before MW3 came out. I don't just suggest that due to the title, more so that it seemed a strong rumour.

On another note, is there anyone of much merit actually left with IW? Weren't West, Bowling and Zampella the three head honchos? Not that them being gone is bad, Treyarch have proven that a shake up to the formula leads to great results

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

niallon wrote: »
    This possibly the rumoured prequel game following Ghost? Was rumoured before MW3 came out. I don't just suggest that due to the title, more so that it seemed a strong rumour.

On another note, is there anyone of much merit actually left with IW? Weren't West, Bowling and Zampella the three head honchos? Not that them being gone is bad, Treyarch have proven that a shake up to the formula leads to great results

Yeah they were the main people.IW now is just a name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Yeah they were the main people.IW now is just a name

Not necessarily a bad thing though, devs with points to prove and all that

163595_10152740781435694_1699526357_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Is the ghost part in reference to all the camping perks and equipment they have been gradually introducing?

only way im ever gonna buy another cod is if they release Call of Duty:Jurassic park:pac:

Also any mention of them supporting 56k modems for CoD:Ghost?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Maybe we'll be able to equip proton packs and have Slimer as a perk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

returnNull wrote: »
    Also any mention of them supporting 56k modems for CoD:Ghost?

I don't think they'd see the value in supporting users living in museums :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That certainly looks like Ghost's mask on the cover.

Advertisement