Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Turbine... For someone who constantly moans about snipers that's some map to pick...

I'm joking,I haven't played it since January or February,worst map in the game by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

They've removed the half time switching of sides in domination, that's a bit of a step backwards in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

They've removed the half time switching of sides in domination, that's a bit of a step backwards in my opinion.

Wasn't it like that in mw3? I preferred that.
    Id say a step sideways.

It just slowed the game down too much

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I used to be an extremely hardcore CoD player logging upwards of 25 days on MW2 (which was the best one imo) But every year they have been slightly less interesting and have easier and easier. I have migrated to BF3 which is much more rewarding I don't think I will be getting Ghosts the multiplayer is 95% similar to MW3 and B.O.2 with added scripted destruction. They should take a year break figure out how to balance vehicles (player driven not killstreaks) and add in destructible environments while keeping that distinctive CoD feel

Cod is for boys BF3 is for men

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

tim3000 wrote: »
    I used to be an extremely hardcore CoD player logging upwards of 25 days on MW2 (which was the best one imo) But every year they have been slightly less interesting and have easier and easier. I have migrated to BF3 which is much more rewarding I don't think I will be getting Ghosts the multiplayer is 95% similar to MW3 and B.O.2 with added scripted destruction. They should take a year break figure out how to balance vehicles (player driven not killstreaks) and add in destructible environments while keeping that distinctive CoD feel

Cod is for boys BF3 is for men

Haha brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I'm glad to see that gone, dom is my favourite game type and I think they ruined it in Blops 2 with the time limit + switching sides at half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Simply Red wrote: »
    I'm glad to see that gone, dom is my favourite game type and I think they ruined it in Blops 2 with the time limit + switching sides at half time

The time limit is a balls especially when you are losing and then about to catch up and end up losing 190-189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

christ no, glad to see that back , the halftime switch ruined domination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I liked the half-time switch - it helped lessen the pain of being spawn trapped

The timer was a terrible idea though - eliminates any hopes of pulling a comeback

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    I liked the half-time switch - it helped lessen the pain of being spawn trapped

The timer was a terrible idea though - eliminates any hopes of pulling a comeback

Maybe if they kept the half time part but made it first to 100 points generated the halftime switch rather than a timer? the entire point of domination is the flags control the game not the clock I hated how if you're losing then manage to triple cap it doesnt matter if there's not enough time in the game, domination should go down to wire, many a 200-199 game was had on boardsie nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A time limit is the exact same as a points limit for going down to the wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Drift0r posted a vid where he goes through the good, bad & really bad things about the game so far.

A killstreak where you can turn into a juggernaut (sprinting around knifing people at super speed) also a perk that with every kill makes your bullets do more damage. Who the f comes up with this ****?

AdamD wrote: »
    A time limit is the exact same as a points limit for going down to the wire

It's not really though, if there's less time on the clock than you can regain the lead on everyone just gives up and dicks around running out the clock, on the previous games you could get stuck in and triple cap and turn the game around. There's no chance of a comeback if you're losing by more than a particular amount of points so people just wind up leaving the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

krudler wrote: »
    It's not really though, if there's less time on the clock than you can regain the lead on everyone just gives up and dicks around running out the clock, on the previous games you could get stuck in and triple cap and turn the game around. There's no chance of a comeback if you're losing by more than a particular amount of points so people just wind up leaving the game.

One way around it, even though it bastardizes 2 game modes would be to have the first round end at 100 points. the second round is untimed - if the losing team manages to claw back to the same score as the leaders - cancel the flags, then have a timed session that plays like the Hardpoint game mode (but the capture area stays in one spot - away from the A/B/C flags. it'd certainly make for some frantic finishes to matches.

One way around it, even though it bastardizes 2 game modes would be to have the first round end at 100 points. the second round is untimed - if the losing team manages to claw back to the same score as the leaders - cancel the flags, then have a timed session that plays like the Hardpoint game mode (but the capture area stays in one spot - away from the A/B/C flags. it'd certainly make for some frantic finishes to matches.

That could work, still points based but change it up a bit, or every flag recap adds more time, that'd just get messy and convoluted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Dedicated servers for Xbox One? Yes PLZZZZZZ.

JoePie wrote: »

just been confirmed at gamescom and by major nelson on twitter. excellent stuff.

also , pre orders of xbox one are to be bundled with a free copy of fifa 14. I dont play soccer games, but a free game is a free game.

JoePie wrote: »

This is great news

I wasn't completely comfortable buying at launch but I have no issues now.

Can't wait to see what the difference will be without crappy hosts

x43r0 wrote: »
    This is great news

I wasn't completely comfortable buying at launch but I have no issues now.

Can't wait to see what the difference will be without crappy hosts

you getting an xbox one x?

i was fussing that I'd made the wrong choice as well, was tempted to go for the PS4. the more time moves on, the happier I am.

• Advertisement

you getting an xbox one x?

i was fussing that I'd made the wrong choice as well, was tempted to go for the PS4. the more time moves on, the happier I am.

I am - Planning to buy Ghosts for the 360 to play before the new console comes out (and to keep playing with the boards crew) the get the Xbox One budle that includes Ghosts free with it and transfer my stats over to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

So if it's dedicated servers on the One does that mean you can't play cross platform 360 and One?

Makaveli wrote: »
    So if it's dedicated servers on the One does that mean you can't play cross platform 360 and One?

correct. theres no cross platform play or communication between the two apart from the text messages. you'll be able to see whos online in either, but there is no cross console voice chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dedicated servers won't make the difference people expect them to, people who live far away from you and people with crappy connections will still lag.

correct. theres no cross platform play or communication between the two apart from the text messages. you'll be able to see whos online in either, but there is no cross console voice chat.

I suppose that makes sense. I just guessed you could because they both use Live.

AdamD wrote: »
    Dedicated servers won't make the difference people expect them to, people who live far away from you and people with crappy connections will still lag.

thats true to a point, but the new matchmaking system should be able to pull a pool of players, test their connections and create a dedicated server that will serve all as equally as possible, as opposed to someone either getting a major host advantage or someone with a bad connection being awarded lag comp.

It can only improve things from the current setup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Now I'll never be able to get connection in games with you lot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Now I'll never be able to get connection in games with you lot :(

\0/ yay!!

I mean.. Aw :(:p

I think I'll get the One pretty soon after release. I had planned on waiting till after Christmas but I should have a few shillins to spare :)

I knew nothing about the Xbox One and had a look at the price there. €500 :eek:

How is it that the Xbox is €500 and the PS4 is only €300?! What am I missing?

Don't think I'll be getting it anyways. Sure I only buy 1 game a year :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

PS4 is 400!

PS4 is €400, if you're already on xbox, your current gold account will do, otherwise you'll have to pay for ps+.

The kinect.

The Kinect - now you can commando lunge in real life. Just make sure you've plenty of room if you plan to halo jump - drop shot.

The Sony store online has the PS4 retailing at $399 which is €300...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

In the US it will be $399. Here it will be €399.

• Advertisement

thats without sales tax and the "shaft the europeans tax" added on as well.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    In the US it will be $399. Here it will be €399.

Ah, surely it would be cheaper to buy from someone in the states and have them ship it as a "gift". Obviously depends on knowing family/friends there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ah, surely it would be cheaper to buy from someone in the states and have them ship it as a "gift". Obviously depends on knowing family/friends there.

With customs charges, shipping and then having to get power converters.. probably not.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    With customs charges, shipping and then having to get power converters.. probably not.

That's why I was saying make sure it's a "gift". You don't pay customs on that.

Guess I'll stick with the 360 for now :o

I think the xbox one is more expensive because it comes bundled with the kinect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

The American price doesn't include tax as different states have different tax %'s.

I think the xbox one is more expensive because it comes bundled with the kinect.

pretty much sums it up really, its been acknowledged by sony that they dropped the ps eye to make the console cheaper. now they're stuck with controllers that have blue lights on the back of them that serve no purpose unless you fork out another hundred quid for the eye.

I made my choice based on the fact that I like how the xbox 360 evolved from just a games machine to something that has sky player, youtube, netflix etc. Even my missus would admit that we've gotten serious value out of it. I'm looking forward to seeing where the xbox one will go in the future.

Bit shítty considering I already have it.

Probably even more shitty considering nobody ever uses it yet it's driving up the cost.

Yeah,I really don't see any incentive to get the Xbox over the PS4 at the moment tbh

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kells... wrote: »
    Yeah,I really don't see any incentive to get the Xbox over the PS4 at the moment tbh

You just miss me. Don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Thinking of ps4,seems more of a console,which I want. I don't particular want a media box,might get one after launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Checked out COD Ghosts on Twitch - it looks really good, reminds me of a game on my son's PSP. How the hell is this game so successful?... genuinely asking this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just me and you then buddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Just me and you then buddy :D

Think I'll wait until around Christmas before getting a new console. Would like to see what is the general consensus as to what is better

• Advertisement
Advertisement