Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭ krudler

Means I can get another Halloween out of my Ghost costume :pac:

Sooo, apparently its getting a new engine, as in new new, not reskinned COD4 one. Interesting...

http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2013/04/call-of-duty-ghosts-will-run-on-new-cod-engine-rumour/
    “The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty: Ghosts. Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the seminal Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series. Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty engine.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭ x43r0

This is very interesting. What are the main differences to a game that come with a new engine?

If it "feels" different I could see a lot of the long time players complaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 lkionm

This is very interesting. What are the main differences to a game that come with a new engine?

Probably something similar to battlefield where you can blow up walls?

keep the 60fps rate though if possible, its what makes COD so smooth to play

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭ niallon

As if it wasn't definite already, everything is pointing towards this being about ghost as it appears to also be his mask on the official site:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/04/29/call-of-duty-ghosts-teased-on-official-site

Maybe it will be prequel stories for a few COD characters that have kicked the bucket as opposed to just ghost? No real story surprises with Ghost for anyone who has read the comics/spent any time on the COD wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭ AdamD

If they do they're complete and utter morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,153 ✭✭✭✭ KERSPLAT!

I think its about time for change myself. Not sure what kind of change but I know I want it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭ DaveNoCheese

"War... War never changes..."

But the engine for which you wage war does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 D2D

• Advertisement

Class trailer, for anyone not arsed following the link -

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭ tim3000

Call of Duty is the iphone of games ... a small upgrade annually just enough to make it new and ensure it will sell. Not this year IW Bf4 all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭ SherlockWatson

World premiere same date as Xbox reveal, interesting.

tim3000 wrote: »
    Call of Duty is the iphone of games ... a small upgrade annually just enough to make it new and ensure it will sell. Not this year IW Bf4 all the way

There is a brand new engine for this, at least wait until a bit of game play is released before you start judging it!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 Shifty Shellshock

It's gonna look amazing on the xbox 720. Christmas will be interesting this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭ tim3000

There is a brand new engine for this, at least wait until a bit of game play is released before you start judging it!

Well I reckon that it will have three tiers single player campaign (6-8 hours completion time) something like spec ops or zombies with a serial release of content and a multiplayer element. I am guessing this will be a bunch of self contained maps no player controlled vehicles and no bullet drop but possible destructible environments (since they have a new engine) but nothing on the scale of BF3 as they couldn't balance it.

That said your right I havent seen any gameplay but I have played every CoD ever made and they have a tried and true formula designed to separate teenagers for their parents money :P

tim3000 wrote: »
    Well I reckon that it will have three tiers single player campaign (6-8 hours completion time) something like spec ops or zombies with a serial release of content and a multiplayer element. I am guessing this will be a bunch of self contained maps no player controlled vehicles and no bullet drop but possible destructible environments (since they have a new engine) but nothing on the scale of BF3 as they couldn't balance it.

That said your right I havent seen any gameplay but I have played every CoD ever made and they have a tried and true formula designed to separate teenagers for their parents money :P

I wouldn't want COD the scale of Bf3, that's what Bf3 is for!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭ senordingdong

Well fair play to them, if there's milk left in the cow, then milk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭ opinion guy

Strange trailer......Call of Spartacus much ????

Strange trailer......Call of Spartacus much ????

I think your missing the point of the video.

• Advertisement

I think your missing the point of the video.

Possibly. Enlighten me

Possibly. Enlighten me

Its all about masks and the people that wore them, and why.

Its all about masks and the people that wore them, and why.

No, no I got that very obvious point. Not sure why you thought I missed that. I was however making the point that they are playing of the imagery of the Spartacus tv show. No doubt a marketing ploy the get the attention of those they think will like the product due to the obvious violence traits both share. I think, perhaps, you missed that point.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 30,879 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo

No, no I got that very obvious point. Not sure why you thought I missed that. I was however making the point that they are playing of the imagery of the Spartacus tv show. No doubt a marketing ploy the get the attention of those they think will like the product due to the obvious violence traits both share. I think, perhaps, you missed that point.

There was like 20 different outfits there, only 2 or 3 of them looked greek or roman.

I think you're reading far more into it than what was intended.

Changed the thread title. We may aswell use this as the news and discussion thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭ senordingdong

So it's COD pre-MW...

Changed the thread title. We may aswell use this as the news and discussion thread

Finally figured out all the buttons then Lynx? :pac:

Nearly deleted the whole damn thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ Ballymun Bohs

I'm Spartacus!!

Advertisement