Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Ghosts] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I think your missing the point of the video.

Possibly. Enlighten me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Possibly. Enlighten me

Its all about masks and the people that wore them, and why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Its all about masks and the people that wore them, and why.

No, no I got that very obvious point. Not sure why you thought I missed that. I was however making the point that they are playing of the imagery of the Spartacus tv show. No doubt a marketing ploy the get the attention of those they think will like the product due to the obvious violence traits both share. I think, perhaps, you missed that point.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No, no I got that very obvious point. Not sure why you thought I missed that. I was however making the point that they are playing of the imagery of the Spartacus tv show. No doubt a marketing ploy the get the attention of those they think will like the product due to the obvious violence traits both share. I think, perhaps, you missed that point.

There was like 20 different outfits there, only 2 or 3 of them looked greek or roman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I think you're reading far more into it than what was intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Changed the thread title. We may aswell use this as the news and discussion thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So it's COD pre-MW...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Changed the thread title. We may aswell use this as the news and discussion thread

Finally figured out all the buttons then Lynx? :pac:

Nearly deleted the whole damn thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

I'm Spartacus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Stopped playing Blops 2 months ago. Have so many games on the go at present it's untrue. For the first time I'm completley underwhelmed by the annual update. MW3 put me down and I think Blops 2 knocked me out. Not played any of the CODs for a while but if I did it would certainly be one of the older ones.

Can't see me getting this on day one release (fast forward 6 months and I'm first in the midnight queue at gamestop:confused:) but will probably pick it up once the hype and the intenet persuade me to do so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Check you and your mad mod skillz :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Just wondering, how do you get the ghost weapon camo on BLOPS 2, not that I'll do it anyway but just wondering since seen it all over youtube since yesterday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you have to pre order the game to get an unlock code I think.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder how much time and money it costs to make the single player portion of these games? Imagine if that budget was set aside to make a multiplayer only game. The results could be epic if they could straighten out the netcode, give more player avatar customisation, more maps etc etc. Personally I'll typically play through the single player once just to check out the story, but after that it's rare that I'd go back to it, if ever.

• Advertisement

5 Call of Duties later and I've still not played the campaign...

From any? MW1 was really good, didn't like any of the rest. I only buy it for the MP but I always do the campaign at some stage

exactly - and I'd say you'd be far from the minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think if they ditched the Single Player any money saved would just go straight into their account. It wouldn't be used to improve the MP experience. Call me a cynic.

Cereal you should at least try the SP.
    COD : MW & MW2 were pretty good & Blops 1 had some very good levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Know what I'd like? A greatest hits of the multi-player maps from this generations CoD games. Just ship the game with 20 of the best maps from CoD4 upwards with the latest engine and I'd be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

you have to pre order the game to get an unlock code I think.

Feck that then so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

since which one? COD4? tha'ts got an excellent campaign, MW2 has some great levels too

From any? MW1 was really good, didn't like any of the rest. I only buy it for the MP but I always do the campaign at some stage

None. I've played 1 part of a mission in a friends house. Think it's called 'Ghillie in the mist'. All I remember was picking people off with a sniper.
    krudler wrote: »
    since which one? COD4? tha'ts got an excellent campaign, MW2 has some great levels too

Since I started playing which was COD 4.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Slightly off topic, but I wonder how much time and money it costs to make the single player portion of these games? Imagine if that budget was set aside to make a multiplayer only game. The results could be epic if they could straighten out the netcode, give more player avatar customisation, more maps etc etc. Personally I'll typically play through the single player once just to check out the story, but after that it's rare that I'd go back to it, if ever.

When you look at the people they hire for making the campaigns I think the multiplayer only costs a fraction of what the campaign does. They get reasonably well known actors, oscar nomininated writers and in the last game they had Trent bloody Reznor do the music, probably the most saught after score writer in hollywood at the moment.. It must have cost a bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,346 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MW3 really kicked the shít out of me. Blops 2 is my favourite multiplayer COD game though I think. Might just steer clear of all infinity ward games from now on and just pick up the Treyarch ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Perhaps merge this with the new thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I hope they bring back the target finders and shock charges as they've been such an excellent addition to Call of Duty.

Ohh and I nearly forgot the massively overpowered secondaries.

Sorry missed this. I'll merge them later when I get home, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Anyone see the video stating Deathstreaks are back? I think its a troll video or the guy making the video is being trolled, because it just seems a bit BS like to be true!

HAS to be fake!

Podge will wet himself!

• Advertisement

Threads merged... I think... ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Podge will wet himself!

No change there then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Know what I'd like? A greatest hits of the multi-player maps from this generations CoD games. Just ship the game with 20 of the best maps from CoD4 upwards with the latest engine and I'd be happy.

In fairness, the last five cod games, would have been better if they had just been released as dlc skin pack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

In fairness, the last five cod games, would have been better if they had just been released as dlc skin pack.

Agreed.

They should have just gave us W@W, MW2, MW3, BO1 and BO2 maps as DLC packs for COD4. Too much money at stake I guess.

Having said that, can you imagine the hype for a brand new COD 5 this year if we didn't have one since 2007?! :eek:

Only an hour or so until the new game is announced. I'm going to make an uneducated bet, and predict that the console will release on 13/11/13 at the same time as the new call of duty, which will be an xbox exclusive for the first month of launch, much the same way as the DLC is released on xbox first at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

5th of November is the release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

just finished watching the Xbox event and COD Ghosts looked good.

Customize your appearance in MP etc

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Missed it, anyone wanna fill me in? Xbox and CoD :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Looked the exact same as the past 3 reveals tbh,
    Ambiguous as fuck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm excited for the new CoD but dunno if I'll be disappointed or not at release!

Was a pretty good trailer, not very much about multi-player but at least the single player looks like it could be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

Could be the first COD I play for its single player as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

I hope they show more at E3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Is it just me, or has call of duty failed to once again update their Engine looks just all the other call of duties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

nice to see some new technology being put into call of duty...

"New" engine nothing of the sort after all:
    http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2013/05/next-gen-call-of-duty-engine-not-new-confirms-infinity-ward/

The latest promo video for the title showed some really nice looking environments and effects, but are the next-gen tools like under the hood?

According to Infinity Ward’s animation lead Zach Volker, the engine powering Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t “new” per se, but instead an “augmented” and expanded build of the engine used in previous titles in the franchise

They're really getting their money's worth out of that Quake engine :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,346 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

krudler wrote: »
    "New" engine nothing of the sort after all:
    http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2013/05/next-gen-call-of-duty-engine-not-new-confirms-infinity-ward/

They're really getting their money's worth out of that Quake engine :pac:

That's taking the piss a bit. I could accept the huge hit boxes this gen as there was very little they could do but on next gen it's a bit ridiculous. Infinity Ward are on thin ice with me after MW3 was a waste of money for me. Looks like I'll have to wait and see with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Liam O wrote: »
    That's taking the piss a bit. I could accept the huge hit boxes this gen as there was very little they could do but on next gen it's a bit ridiculous. Infinity Ward are on thin ice with me after MW3 was a waste of money for me. Looks like I'll have to wait and see with this one.

modern warefare 3 a 18month year old game? only 15 euro in xtravision and cex

cod4 a 5-6 year old game? 15-20e in cex and xtravision

says it all really :pac: mw3 was probably the worst cod IMHO followed by bops1 every other was decent but cod4 and the previous cods before that were outstanding
    i think with bops 2 they made a good push in the right direction ( or im just enjoying it anyway )

cod ghosts story looks good well from the trailer it looks like it could be fun but it hasnt showed us enough multiplayer to judge

but i seen bops2 multiplayer gameplay before it was released and i hated the looks of it
    specialy since it looked more futuristic and graphics were going backwards
    but i ended up buying 6 months after released (i normaly get them on release day) and i ended up liking it alot

so im hoping ghosts is going in a good direction other wise il just give up on cod and change to a different fps, when i traded in mw3 3 weeks after i bought it i switched to bf3 but bop2 brought me back

Liam O wrote: »

Yeah but its the same every year "oh if the next one isnt good I'm done" thus is the life of a COD player :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement