Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmakers Bitch/Moan/Groan thread - See mod warning Post 1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

madalig12 wrote: »
    I bet on a player to score anytime in a match yesterday, he came on with 20seconds to go ffs. PP said that was unlucky when I asked could they refund it. Hope they spend that five euro wisely it'll be the last they ever get out of me, he was a defender.

Ring customer service,threaten to close your account over it,you will get that 5er back in a free bet id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ring customer service,threaten to close your account over it,you will get that 5er back in a free bet id say.

I was on the chat and all he said was unlucky, I actually withdrew the €85 euro in my account and asked him to close it which he did.

You would think they would try to keep their customers. Ho hey off to another site I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

I was on the chat and all he said was unlucky, I actually withdrew the €85 euro in my account and asked him to close it which he did.

You would think they would try to keep their customers. Ho hey off to another site I go.

and other guys from william hill ladbrokes boylesports etc who had same bet and are equally pissed off are off to paddy powers to open account and
    on and on it continues:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I bet on a player to score anytime in a match yesterday, he came on with 20seconds to go ffs. PP said that was unlucky when I asked could they refund it. Hope they spend that five euro wisely it'll be the last they ever get out of me, he was a defender.

why should they pay out on a losing bet for you:confused::confused::confused::confused:

maybe next time my horse falls at the first fence I'll threaten to move account if they don't give me my money back:rolleyes:

i doubt they'll miss you. have a look at their financial accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I find it very unfair that Paddy Power still consider an ante-post non runner as a loser .

So I put €20 on Lion Na Bearnai in Irish Grand National ........He's a non runner and Paddy Power keep the €20 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I find it very unfair that Paddy Power still consider an ante-post non runner as a loser .

So I put €20 on Lion Na Bearnai in Irish Grand National ........He's a non runner and Paddy Power keep the €20 .

That is the risk with antepost betting. Also this is industry standard and not exclusive to PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Not trying to be funny but you mustn't have a clue about ante post betting if you're giving out about not getting your money back if he doesn't run. That's the chance you take for what often turns out to be much fancier odds (if you're smart and a little lucky)

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny but you mustn't have a clue about ante post betting if you're giving out about not getting your money back if he doesn't run. That's the chance you take for what often turns out to be much fancier odds (if you're smart and a little lucky)

For Cheltenham 2013 , if you backed ante-post from 1st March , to day of festival , you got your money back if horse was non-runner with PP.

Don't agree with bookie should having an advantage over punter , when horse does not run.

Its inconsistant rules .

For Cheltenham 2013 , if you backed ante-post from 1st March , to day of festival , you got your money back if horse was non-runner with PP.

Don't agree with bookie should having an advantage over punter , when horse does not run.

Its inconsistant rules .

That was for Cheltenham......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Paddy power is not all that great i have no pity for ya. You should of looked around at some of the independent bookmakeRs they were doing nr no bet from the 1st of Feb for cheltemham

• Advertisement

carly_86 wrote: »
    Paddy power is not all that great i have no pity for ya. You should of looked around at some of the independent bookmakeRs they were doing nr no bet from the 1st of Feb for cheltemham

Not looking for sympathy .........non-runner no bet should apply always regardless .

Not looking for sympathy .........non-runner no bet should apply always regardless .

Are you serious? Everyone knows ante post rules, I doubt you would be on here saying all this if you didnt lose money.

Why should it

carly_86 wrote: »
    Why should it

All you posters on this topic are biased and not interested in the average punter .

You all have tunnel vision and suffer from logical fallacy.

As any Sales and Marketing idiot would know , there always has to be incentives to attract business .

In this ante-post rule , Bookmakers are not offering any incentive to punters , and the risk is totally taken by the backer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

All you posters on this topic are biased and not interested in the average punter .

You all have tunnel vision and suffer from logical fallacy.

As any Sales and Marketing idiot would know , there always has to be incentives to attract business .

In this ante-post rule , Bookmakers are not offering any incentive to punters , and the risk is totally taken by the backer.

Where is the incentive for the bookmaker to price these markets if they are going to have to refund non runners down the line?

The only alternative is having a day of race market up for a year(which is not possible anyway without declarations) where there would be a heap of rule 4 on your price; thus negating the price you took anyway.

Take it as a lesson learned to either avoid Antepost betting or look for non runner no bet/with a run prices.

I don't understand why people back horses if they don't know what there doing 9 times outta 10 the price is bigger on the day. You don't get the bigger price on antepost if you take the price

• Registered Users Posts: 29 J0E_90

Hi all,

Question about darts betting here. Tonight I bet on there to be over 27.5 Legs in the James Wade - Simon Whitlock match. There were 34 legs in said match however Paddy Power have not payed out

When i checked the market on the results section of their website it said; 'Market Value settled at: 0.0'

Anyone know why they are not counting this bet as a win?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

not sure have you tried asking their online help etc and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 29 J0E_90

Was onto the live help last night , paid out this morning. No harm no foul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

B365 are gob****es, been using their site for a few months now, a reasonable amount of cash and bets flowing throughout. Randomly got a mail this week saying that I used an american IP and that my account would be closed until I could prove residence etc. Luckily I had just withdrawn what I had in there that morning preceeding the mail, (600 odd) because there was rent to pay and whatnot.

The guy on the chat told me that it's an error that happens a lot if you use their mobile site, which I had done the 3 days previous but still said that the only way to have my account reopened was if I were to go through the postal process again..

Couldn't be more awkward eejits if they tried. I decided to just close the account altogether after that and stick to pinny and betfair..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I backed barca -1 against real betis yesterday
    barca won 4-1

I still haven't been paid for this, i chatted to a PP rep last night and he said there was some mistake and he'd fix it, 12hrs later and i'm still without this money, does this happen often on PP?

I'm only asking because i often put ****ty little bets on stuff and don't check the actual results, and i'm worried that this might have happened before and might happen again without me realizing

Yeah PP are ****.

Yeah PP are ****.

Every bookmaker is ****e when it doesnt go your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bookie Bashing

I backed barca -1 against real betis yesterday
    barca won 4-1

I still haven't been paid for this, i chatted to a PP rep last night and he said there was some mistake and he'd fix it, 12hrs later and i'm still without this money, does this happen often on PP?

I'm only asking because i often put ****ty little bets on stuff and don't check the actual results, and i'm worried that this might have happened before and might happen again without me realizing

Sometimes there are settlement delays which is not good and even incorrect settlements but you have to remember 100s of other customers would be in the same position that's why you would always get paid because there would have been plenty of mails if an error was made

Every bookmaker is ****e when it doesnt go your way.

No a bookmaker is ****e when they don't pay out on time, you want a real bookmaker bet with Sbobet.

No a bookmaker is ****e when they don't pay out on time, you want a real bookmaker bet with Sbobet.

Who im sure have never ever pissed off a customer and got called ****e.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 bleet

is sbobet that good? better than pp and 365?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

bleet wrote: »
    is sbobet that good? better than pp and 365?

Sbobet is good for football, they have very very high limits for football and you will never be limited or banned for winning.
    Only 1 of 2 bookies that will not limit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

I might ring joe duffy over powers tomorrow

• Advertisement

NickMondo wrote: »
    I might ring joe duffy over powers tomorrow

What did they do? Tbh Joe's heard it all and powers couldnt care less.

Advertisement