Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

lollie1234 wrote: »
    Could anyone that done EXAMCRAFT HL Business tell me what organisational structure came up in the long qs and what question was it part of? Thank you

Business Examcraft HL:

had it today,it was
    matrix
    . cant remember which question,memory of a fish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Business Examcraft HL:
    Q1 A was about rights commissioner and data protection commisioner, B was about industrial relations act and C was about sale of goods and supply act,
    either Q2 or Q3 was about feasibility study and prototype development
    in part 2 there in one question there was democratic leadership and theory x management and a separate question on SEM,
    sorry cant remember more like i said memory of a fish:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dylan Mulleady

Irish:
    aiste- emigration
    an mhaith agus an tolc sa choras oideachais
    tabhacht na n-ealaion i saol an lae inniu

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

mattyc34 wrote: »
    Ok does anyone have the debs HL business paper pleease :)

4/5th one down on this blog- http://j7a2m9e5s.wordpress.com/page/4/

I did it yesterday... Was a nice enough paper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Does anyone else feel like their mocks were marked ridiculously hard?
    Nobody in my school got over 65% in honours English in a high standard class where most of us were expecting high Bs.
    Also nobody got over 60% in Art, we have Da Vincis in our class and people who's projects were easily A1 standard but all they got was "good effort" and a 56% mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 aoife6466

peekachoo wrote: »
    Nobody in my school got over 65% in honours English in a high standard class where most of us were expecting high Bs.
    Also nobody got over 60% in Art, we have Da Vincis in our class and people who's projects were easily A1 standard but all they got was "good effort" and a 56% mark.

Yes , so much I never get anything other than A's in english but i ended up getting 54 in the mocks!

aoife6466 wrote: »

Yes , so much I never get anything other than A's in english but i ended up getting 54 in the mocks!

I'm the same, especially in art. Feeling pretty hard done by!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ellenkc

Yeah, Art was marked pretty unfairly. I got 73% and the highest was 74%, bit of a shock as I'm banking on an A in that... I think the lowest was around 50. Not sure about yours, but it was the History that really brought us down in the marking.

Ellenkc wrote: »

Yeah, Art was marked pretty unfairly. I got 73% and the highest was 74%, bit of a shock as I'm banking on an A in that... I think the lowest was around 50. Not sure about yours, but it was the History that really brought us down in the marking.

We haven't got our history back yet, was very confident with mine so hoping that brings me up! But it will definitely bring a lot of people in the class down, our class is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

aoife6466 wrote: »

I feel the opposite. I got an A1 in English, and while I had done the work and was hoping for an A, I wasn't expecting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 xoxox1994

Have all my mocks back now and really happy with all my results. Irish was the only bad one marked where the examiner marked it with the old marking scheme (must have his head in the sand) and not the new one where we would have lost less marks for doing essays under different titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Managed to make a right balls of Paper 1 today, so I need roughly 60% in paper 2 to pass, has anyone got the DEB HL Maths Paper 2?

I don't know if you've already sat this or got this, only seen your post today but here is Maths Paper 2 :)
    Q1: Venn Diagram, Probability, Independent Events and Mutually Exclusive Events.
    Q2: What are 'sample and 'population', draw a suitable graph, your interpretation of the graph, could you form a hypothesis, explain your answer.
    Q3: Your given 2 lines intersecting. You have to find angle between them (angle formula). then it says another line was interesting the first line at the same angle. You use the formula again and get the equation.
    Q4: Circles: Finding their equations. 4 circles touching 2 tangents. Your given the tangent eq.+ centre of 1 of the circles. You find the eq. of first circle (perpendicular distance formula), then you have to say what kind of transformations were used to find the other centres from the image of the first. You have to describe what kind of transformations were made for each of the other 3 circles. Lastly you have to find 2 eq. circles that all the other 4 centres of the circles touch.
    Q5: Was trig. You have to say how sin2x = 2sinxcosx. You then have to solve an eq. like sin2x - sinx = 0. You then draw a graph of sin x and sin 2x.
    Q6A: Difference between an Axiom and a Theorem and Theorem 12.
    Q6B: I'm not too sure of because I done 6A but there was some sort of a shape on it, so I'm guessing maybe lines, angles, area kind of thing but 6A was a very handy question.
    Q7: Finding the internal volume of a box using circles. You where then given a different box (same height) with the circles arranged in a different way. You have to find the volume again. You then had to say how much they saved each year if it costs €8 each box and they bought 150k of them.
    Q8: Enlargement of 2cm pentagon to a 6cm pentagon. Find the area of a pentagon using 3 isosceles triangles. Find out how many boxes of tiles she needs. Then you were given someone elses way of finding it and you have to say what each part was (the formula was 9 x 5 x (1/2)(2)(1.7)(sin108). So 9 stands for the scale factor, 5 for the number of sides of the triangle, 1.7 was another side and sin108 was the angle between sides and so on. Then you were told that he wants to get tiles for a 6mx8m floor and it has to have 10% extra of total and only sold in boxes of 60, find out how many boxes is needed. Then in the same way it says they only have polygon tiles of 5cm so you find the area and so on again.

I sat paper 1 and found it terrible, paper 2 was much better :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

I found mine went quite the opposite actually, while I have done the work all along, I haven't studied a ridiculous amount but my mocks went very well, if only it was the real thing I would have been delighted with my results! I did sit all Debs exams though, which were all very nice papers. Maybe your school got different ones, I heard Examcraft ones were difficult enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nintomdo94

Finished the mock's there last Wednesday and i've got to say, they weren't the worst papers to be honest. My art teacher spend like a year teaching us about
    newgrange
    for ages so the question coming up helped alot, and the other's were not bad either...

Playing the waiting game for the results now though.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LC is the devil

I know it was specified not to ask questions here but considering everyone has pretty much finished their mocks I thought it'd be ok to! I have the geography mock next week (our school doesn't give mocks) and am in serious need of help! :P
    I've seen pretty much all of what was on the DEB one but was wondering if anyone could tell me what came up on the Examcraft one as i'm not sure which one we'll get? also, if anyone could tell me what came up for the Global Interdependence option on the DEB! cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shantel18

Hi all, could anyone share a examcraft bilogy mock paper 2013, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Im not sure if this came up already ,in the examcraft physics mock on the simple harmonic question was there a mistake in part iv?

It was about finding the depths of the water when the force was 1mN. They have the equilibrium position as 13.5m but their calcualtion is 25+12/2 which is 18.5m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

does anyone have the maths mock 2012 p2..ive lost mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Has anybody got solutions for P1 Q6 and P2 Q4, 6B?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

decisions wrote: »
    Has anybody got solutions for P1 Q6 and P2 Q4, 6B?

I'm pretty sure I did Q6 after the mock as homework, I'll have to check but if I have it I will put it up. Won't be able to do it til later though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'd really appreciate it I'd you could put it up, I just can't figure it out at all.

decisions wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate it I'd you could put it up, I just can't figure it out at all.

No problem, I'll put it up later today. I didn't get the P2 question about the translations though, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

are there spare mock papers floating around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Hi does anyone have any spare mock papers to email/PM me for any of these subjects? Appreciate hugely any help!:

-DCG
    -Physics
    -English

I can swap a maths mock (apparently unseen by most schools) and a french mock

Decisions, I'm really sorry I didn't get around to putting the solution up! You probably have it by now? Sorry for not putting it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Decisions, I'm really sorry I didn't get around to putting the solution up! You probably have it by now? Sorry for not putting it up.

They messaged me yesterday asking for a two week ban until after the orals so they won't see it anyway unless sent to him by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

anyone know all the answers for this question on this biology mock
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

a (i) Gregor Mendel
    (ii) law of segregation , at gamete formation allelles segregate in pairs, meiosis occurs, it ensures only one allele is passed onto each gamete.

B (i)They are homozygous.
    (ii)you will have to draw out the cross but ttpp TtPp Ttpp ttPp
    (iii)25%
    (iv) They can assort independently
    (v) 50%

c (i) variation is difference between members of the same species
    mutation is a change in amount or structure of DNA
    (ii)Both parents are heterozygous recessive.Cc, carriers.
    (iii)again draw out the cross
    (iv)CC
    (v)UV radiation or cigarette smoke

I welcome any corrections, but i think this is accurate , hope it can help you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Anyone else find the Debs Business paper marked extremely hard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

shawki wrote: »
    Anyone else find the Debs Business paper marked extremely hard?

I wont call it marked hard rather than no marked at all. They just ticked it now and again and work a number. Some answers i wrote 5 point when they asked for 4. (the SEC examiner is supposed to pick the highest 4 points made but that was ignored in these exams).

My teacher gave us our mocks last year and said they are only the mocks. They show where your weak in timing. Where you are missing points and are weak in. Within 15 mins he was teaching contract law

Forgot at the mock and work hard for the next few months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement