Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My school uses 2 different papers and then some tecachers make their own,, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 allykennedy

I'm pretty sure it's DEB.. barcode in the upper left-hand corner.
    MACBETH
    Clash between noble kingship and brutal tyranny
    or
    Lady Macbeth is much more ruthless than her husband, Macbeth,

COMPARATIVE
    THEME OR ISSUE
    The study of a theme or issue can draw a reader deeper into the narrative (70 marks)
    or
    The key moments of a text can serve to bring the theme or issue to the immediate attention of the reader (30. 40 marks)

CULTURAL CONTEXT
    The main characters are often restricted or liberated by the cultural context of a narrative (70 marks)
    or
    The social interaction between men and women can be central to our understanding of the cultural context of a text (30, 40 marks)

POETRY
    BISHOP
    Bishop writes about people and places in poems full of vived imagery
    MAHON
    Mahon's dark vision of life is conveyed in poems that are both interesting and atmospheric
    PLATH
    Plath's poetry reflects a wide range of powerful emotions communicated through thought-provoking imagery
    WORDSWORTH
    In his poetry, Wordsworth reveals his own response to nature and the relationship between nature and humankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HotChocolate.1

If anyone needs;
    Maths OL
    English HL
    Irish HL
    History HL
    Home-ec HL
    Biology HL
    Economics HL
    & LCVP

Inbox me cuss I don't know how to use spoilers on my phone!
    There all DEB by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 allieobrien

English:

Hi guys :) can anyone clarify one thing for me..did
    bishop
    come up in both examcraft and deb.
    exam craft question was about
    profound insights
    Deb question was on
    people and places.
    Really hate plath so I dont want to study her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alphashadows

SPOILER:
    Q1: Concentration of iron in iron tablets
    Q2: Preparation of Ethanoic Acid
    Q3. Rate of Reation (Hydrgen Peroxide)

Q4: Isomers, Electronegativity, wave nature, Conjuate acids and bases, Molecule shapes, percentages, catalytic converter, BOD test, homologous series of fats, nitrogen fixation.

Q5: Atomic Orbitals, First Ionisation energies, graph, account for the change in ionisation energies across a period.

Q6 & Q7: Organics

Q8: Water

Q9: Equilibrium

Q10: Chromatopgraphy, Radioactivity and Ideal Gases

Q11: Empirical Formula, Oxidation, Electroloysis, Test for Anions, Atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mscool

A Thig Ná Tit Orm question in either HL Irish paper would be greatly appreciated if anyone had it. Thanks :)

Irish HL Examcraft was
    a light but interesting description is given of traditional family life in this book..give your opinion on this statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If anyone needs;
    Maths OL
    English HL
    Irish HL
    History HL
    Home-ec HL
    Biology HL
    Economics HL
    & LCVP

Inbox me cuss I don't know how to use spoilers on my phone!
    There all DEB by the way.

Just type
    Your Text Here [/spoiler].

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sheedy13

English:

I did my English Paper 1 today but I dont know if the paper was Examcraft or DEB. The first of the 3 texts was about
    Aussie Rules player Jim Stynes and the second about cystic fibrosis sufferer Orla Tisley.
    Anyone know whether this paper was Examcraft or DEB.

Irish:

Also did my Irish Aural today, the pieces were about a
    Gaeltacht course in Mayo, a basketball competition in Tyrone and a man working in Czecj Republic, anybody be able to give me the essay titles for this paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cofpof

examcraft i think

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

sheedy13 wrote: »
    I did my English Paper 1 today but I dont know if the paper was Examcraft or DEB. The first of the 3 texts was about
    Aussie Rules player Jim Stynes and the second about cystic fibrosis sufferer Orla Tisley.
    Anyone know whether this paper was Examcraft or DEB.

Also did my Irish Aural today, the pieces were about a
    Gaeltacht course in Mayo, a basketball competition in Tyrone and a man working in Czecj Republic, anybody be able to give me the essay titles for this paper?

That English paper was DEB, I had it today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jenkinson246

thig na tit orm was
    tradition family life

Was that in the deb papers ??

Aoifec95 wrote: »
    can you post the irish HL DEB paper 2 please ?:)

Irish HL DEB:
    Geibheann, the poet, codarsnacht and the strongest theme. Caca milis, codarsnacht idir na caidreamh and an triall is society in Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

darthchris wrote: »
    could i get maths OL paper 1 of ya please? :)
    BLiamB wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is coming up in either the DEB or Examcraft OL Chemistry Papers?
    Any help would be appreciated!

Search the thread.

ENglish HL DEB: Macbeth Question
    Macbeth presents us with a clash between noble kingship and brutal tyranny or
    Lady macbeth is a much more ruthless character than her husband macbeth

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lollie1234

<snip>

English DEB Paper2:
    Comparative- theme/issue draws us into narrative. Macbeth-Kingship vs Tyranny. Plath, Bishop, Mahon and Wordsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

There's a letter about objects that represent the 21st century. An elderly character short story or a secret short story

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LC 2013 kid

Can anyone tell me how I view spoilers or are you allowed? :/ Two exams left just Irish paper 2 tomorrow and LCVP Friday so any help on those to would be appreciate!

All were grand so far except maths paper 1 just hope I done enough on paper 2 to make up the marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Can anyone tell me how I view spoilers or are you allowed? :/ Two exams left just Irish paper 2 tomorrow and LCVP Friday
    If you're on a computer just highlight them with your mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thriftshopbaby

English HL DEB: Macbeth Question
    Kingship and Lady Macbeth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LC 2013 kid

Maths:
    Maths paper 1 there was a financial maths question where you had to work out interest per month given the year, there was an algebra question on shirts and their price and writing them in equations, they were the two hardest ones, I can't remember a lot else, and on paper two the first question is on probability using Venn diagrams and independent events, there's a trig question where youv to prove sin2A, there's also question where youv to work out are of a pentagon and enlarging a pentagon, that's all I really remember paper 1 is a lot harder than paper 2 in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

I have English(HL), Irish(OL), Business(HL), Accounting(HL), and Maths (OL) if there still needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Booshmallow can i have maths OL P2 please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ConorBeh96

I have English(HL), Irish(OL), Business(HL), Accounting(HL), and Maths (OL) if there still needed :)
    Maths OL and Irish OL please?

sheedy13 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the essay titles for the HL Irish Paper 1. I dont know whether its Examcraft or not but the Aural had sections about a
    Gaeltacht course in Mayo, basketball competition in Tyrone and a man working in the Czech Republic
    . Responce needed ASAP.

That's DEB

Could you give me a rough idea of your maths paper 1 please ?:)
    CG1234 wrote: »
    I have done all my mocks, all Examcraft and all at higher level, my subjects were:
    English, Irish, Maths, Business, Home Ec, Biology and LCVP
    need any help, reply and I will do my best to remember what came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 J7A2M9E5S

I have blogged a large number of papers in a quick, concise and easily accessible format at this address:

http://j7a2m9e5s.wordpress.com/

All papers posted are Higher Level.

It's easier than searching through page after page on here, hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

J7A2M9E5S wrote: »
    I have blogged a large number of papers in a quick, concise and easily accessible format at this address:

http://j7a2m9e5s.wordpress.com/

It's easier than searching through page after page on here, hope it helps :cool:

This is legit. Credit to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

ConorBeh96 wrote: »
    Maths OL and Irish OL please?

The essays are like the blogs are:
      [*]"The Weekend"
      [*]"My Favourite Place In Ireland"

The Scéal are:
        [*]"I opened the letter and started to read. Suddenly I screamed with happiness"
        [*]"I was at home alone one night and heard a knock at the door. I opened the door but no one was there..."

And the letters are:
        • "Your in spain with your friend on holidays after you finish your exams. The place in lovely but the hotel is disgusting and uncomfortable. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel."
        • "Your friend got two tickets to a concert of your favourite band but your parents wont let you go as its on at the same time as exams. Write a letter to your friend telling them why you can't go."

Paper 2 is:
        • Dís - the emotions of "an bean Séan" basicaly a summary just with emotions here and there.
        • Cáca Mílis - what happens after Paul got on the train
        • Spaílpin Fanach - Emotions and did you like it.
        • Colscaradh - Images and did you like it.

The Paper is DEB and the translations aren't word for word exact but as close as :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BLiamB

Search the thread.

I have searched and I cannot find anything on OL Chemistry.:confused:

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 4 2013 LC student

Stupid question but our Irish paper one was from examcraft, does this mean that paper two will be from examcraft aswell or is there a chance it could be from deb?

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement