Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Picked up Too Faced Boudoir Eyes in Liffey Valley after seeing the poster a few pages previously get it, couldn't resist, looked so pretty in real life! Cost me €38 and DYING to try it today! (not my photos)
    too-faced-boudoir-eyes-product-shot.jpg

Also picked up a new Revlon lip butter in Pink Lemonade which is a really nice baby pink shade!
    Revlon-Pink-Lemonade-Colorburst-Lip-Butter-Swatches.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

^ Whee, that was me! Yay, I influenced someone lol. Seriously though, I don't regret one bit buying the Too Faced palette. I've been using it most days and really love the look I get from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I got a few products from Lush a few days ago. Tried them out yesterday. Thay are very good i must say.

I got Jumping Juniper Solid Shampoo

It made my hair feel light and refreshed. I did one quick lather of it and it was enough for my hair. Although it didnt seem like much at the time, it is plenty for your hair and i have long hair. I didnt dry out my hair or make it greasy in anyway.

And i got American Cream Conditioner to go with it. Its a medium strength conditioner. It is thick but it makes your hair feel light. It also smells like vanilla. I used it in the bottom of my hair and they are better than they were before tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think I'll try a Lush solid shampoo soon, always been interested in them. My hair's after getting verrrry long and I'm trying to keep it in good condition. I'm also washing it less these days so can spend on a nice shampoo :D

I've been using one of their solid moisturisers for about two months now and I love it!

^ Whee, that was me! Yay, I influenced someone lol. Seriously though, I don't regret one bit buying the Too Faced palette. I've been using it most days and really love the look I get from it.

Yes thanks for influencing me I love it so far!! Love neutral type palettes and this one seems gorgeous!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lush solid shampoos are brilliant. Bit of a pain to store but they last for ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

LizT wrote: »
    Lush solid shampoos are brilliant. Bit of a pain to store but they last for ages!

Are they any good for dry hair?

Are they any good for dry hair?

Trichomania is the one I use and it's for dry hair. My hair isn't dry, I just love the coconutty smell! I find it really good though, leaves a lovely shine in my hair.

I ended up just buying the tin. Its €3 but if it helps it last longer then i didnt mind.

Have you tried the solid conditioner? I didnt like the smell of it so i went for the American Cream one :o

I ended up just buying the tin. Its €3 but if it helps it last longer then i didnt mind.

Have you tried the solid conditioner? I didnt like the smell of it so i went for the American Cream one :o

Yeah, Jungle? I didn't like it to be honest, prefer using liquid conditioner.

I had one of the tins and I could never get it open :( But the shampoo I use is in a block anyway, it's not one of the little round ones.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Jungle? I didn't like it to be honest, prefer using liquid conditioner.

I had one of the tins and I could never get it open :( But the shampoo I use is in a block anyway, it's not one of the little round ones.

I knew they did the block ones too but i figured the round one would be easier for me since i travel a good bit. I think i prefer liquid conditioner.Its easier to work around the ends of my hair.

I knew they did the block ones too but i figured the round one would be easier for me since i travel a good bit. I think i prefer liquid conditioner.Its easier to work around the ends of my hair.

Yeah the thing with the solid conditioner is just that I never knew how much to use, how much to put in my hair etc. At least with the liquid conditioner it's easy to measure.

Yeah the thing with the solid conditioner is just that I never knew how much to use, how much to put in my hair etc. At least with the liquid conditioner it's easy to measure.

Im terrible with conditioner as it is, i either use too much or not enough. Usually too much though. I dont think i'd be suited to solid conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

My recent Inglot haul! First time ever getting anything from Inglot so I went a bit mad. I got a 10 eyeshadow palette, a bottle of duraline, black gel eyeliner and a body sparkles in no. 56. Everything is so pretty!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I used that lush jungle conditioner before. I used to break it into smaller pieces and mash it up with water so that it basically has a consistency like normal conditioner. I found it made my hair kinda squeaky and was always really hard to comb through after washing so I never bought it again. Maybe if you have fine hair it would perform better but is it worth the hassle or the cost??

I really enjoyed the shampoo bars though. I used the one for blonds and another one I can't remember. They last a good while but prob not as long as a bottle. Great for travelling/throwing in the gym bag too!

nursemar88 wrote: »
    My recent Inglot haul! First time ever getting anything from Inglot so I went a bit mad. I got a 10 eyeshadow palette, a bottle of duraline, black gel eyeliner and a body sparkles in no. 56. Everything is so pretty!! :)

Do you happen to know the numbers of the eyeshadows you bought?

Do you happen to know the numbers of the eyeshadows you bought?

Ok so it took me ages to find out coz I had to take them out. As you can see from the picture I took two chunks out of the shadows :( I wish they weren't so hard to get out of the case!

5URHbRJ.jpg?2

Top row (from L to R): Shine 07, Pearl 405, AMC 54, Shine 12 and AMC 55
    Bottom row (from L to R): Pearl 454, Pearl 399, Double Sparkle 491, Double Sparkle 482 and Matte 335

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Ok so it took me ages to find out coz I had to take them out. As you can see from the picture I took two chunks out of the shadows :( I wish they weren't so hard to get out of the case!

5URHbRJ.jpg?2

Top row (from L to R): Shine 07, Pearl 405, AMC 54, Shine 12 and AMC 55
    Bottom row (from L to R): Pearl 454, Pearl 399, Double Sparkle 491, Double Sparkle 482 and Matte 335

Oh no! I'm sorry that it was so hard to take out! I do appreciate the numbers, thank you :) I am liking to look of a couple of those and was thinking about making a palette in the near future... They have so many great colors that I think I am going to have a hard time picking which ones I want.

Oh no! I'm sorry that it was so hard to take out! I do appreciate the numbers, thank you :) I am liking to look of a couple of those and was thinking about making a palette in the near future... They have so many great colors that I think I am going to have a hard time picking which ones I want.

no problem at all. I needed to find out anyways for myself!! yeah they are some beauts there.. I found it so hard to pick some colours but I wanted ones I didnt already have in my kit! The staff were very helpful as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

How do you use the lush shampoo bars? Do you rub them on your hair and do they lather much?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Anyone know how much MAC lipsticks are in BTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much MAC lipsticks are in BTs?

€18.50 AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Got the Maybelline rocket mascara recently:
    http://www.maybelline.com/~/media/Images/MNY/en_US/Home/Products/Eyes-Makeup/Mascara/Volume-Express-Rocket-Washable-Mascara/vex-rocket-washable_pack-shot.png

Can't say I'm a huge fan. When I first but it on I was really really impressed, it seemed to do a better job than my falsies. But after that, I dunno if it's cos' it wouldn't come off properly at night or the formula, but my eyelashes would feel all waxy the next day and stick together. So when I tried to apply it the next day, it felts like I had like 5 eyelashes because they were breaking or stuck together. Haven't used it much since I bought it. May just use it for speacial occassions, but it's definitely not an everyday mascara for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

How much are NARS blushers in BTs?

sillymoo wrote: »
    How do you use the lush shampoo bars? Do you rub them on your hair and do they lather much?!

Yeah you just kind of rub it into your hair and it lathers really well after a few seconds. It's weird but you get used to it!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just placed my first order for Illamasqua products. Ordered four of their pigments as they were reduced. Have heard great things about them so hopefully they live up to the hype!

Ordered on April 1st and they arrived today - less than a week when you consider last Monday was the Bank Holiday! Just gave them a quick swatch and they're gorgeous but not sure how they will be for fall out as 3 of the shades are very glittery!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Got the Tom Pellereau Stylfile today. Looking forward to trying it out :)

stylfile.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not sure if many of you use Avon products, if you do, you've probably heard by now, Avon is pulling out of Ireland, effective immediately. One of my friends is a rep and she cannot take or place anymore orders. There's approximately 5,000 reps in Ireland so I'd say it's a big shock to a lot of people tonight. My friend was not told by Avon prior to hearing about the news on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I've been using this for a while now. And I must say I'm impressed.

skin-perfection-miracle-cleansing-oil.jpg

I usually use mineral oil for make up removal and LOVE it. However, some days it feels like too much work. And I feel like I need something quicker, like a ready cleansing oil. (For those who doesn't know, cleansing oils remove much easier from the skin, much like normal cleansers, due to emulsifiers in them) I used to use and like MAC Cleansing Oil. But it dried my skin a bit. And the good old cheap mineral oil does a better job than it, tbh.

This L'Oreal one has mineral oil as the main ingredient. But it removes so easily comparing to normal mineral oil. So I use this now on the days when I feel lazy. :) And it's much better than spending tens of € on Shu Uemura cleansing oils which have mineral oil as base as well :D

On another note, I've been using the No 7 face brush on my body and it's been amazing. Hello silky smooth skin :cool: It's too much for my sensitive face. But it works better than anything else for body.

• Advertisement

Ok NARS Light Reflecting Powder is a total dud but have fallen in love with their Immaculate Complexion Powder!

Advertisement