Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Does anybody know if we'll still hear about the outcomes even though Monday is a bank holiday? nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 vermafogli

Does anybody know if we'll still hear about the outcomes even though Monday is a bank holiday? nervous

Hi, checked with PAC and they now say results aren't out til 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MisDee

The 3rd?? I wish I had thought to check, I have been nervously checking my email all morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yellowlor

Does anyone know if I do get the dip, how do i apply to schools? My first choice is UCC, and i was wondering should i ring the school, send a letter or an email or what? I am not going back to my old school. What would I put on my CV, i have no teaching experience? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

yellowlor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I do get the dip, how do i apply to schools? My first choice is UCC, and i was wondering should i ring the school, send a letter or an email or what? I am not going back to my old school. What would I put on my CV, i have no teaching experience? thanks

I sent a CV and cover letter to all possible schools. I put in any work I'd done and the skills I'd gotten from them - organisation, time management etc and then mentioned interest in extra-curricular activities. Schools like to hear that you want to get involved in school life and not just the teaching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JFitzgerald

tomissex wrote: »
    I sent a CV and cover letter to all possible schools. I put in any work I'd done and the skills I'd gotten from them - organisation, time management etc and then mentioned interest in extra-curricular activities. Schools like to hear that you want to get involved in school life and not just the teaching.

did you post your cv and cover letter or email them to the schools?

I rang the schools to ask would they be taking hDip students and they generally gave me email addresses, though one asked me to post it.

Just checked the PAC website, and it said they were processing and come back after 11am! So close to knowing my future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

No update yet!

they'l be up in the next few mins, if you go onto pac there "experiencing technical issues" that means there changing the website :O good luck :O

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Ahhhhh....crossing fingers and toes!

• Advertisement

This is frustrating!

They are out! No joy for me though :(

Hard luck Niamh. There's always the UK to consider and next year too!

I got an offer. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 B99

Got UCC.... woohoo :)

Congrats to those who got their place. To those who didn't: keep the head up and better luck next year

I'll apply next year! Kinda had a feeling I wouldn't get it though...my second year results got me 40 points for the dip. If I go on my final year results then I should get an offer next year! Well done B99! Where did you get Vie?

Hard Luck Niamhf, theres loads of options for you though, UK, next year, or hibernia, or you could do a masters and get extra points that way :) I got UCC :D

I haven't go an email yet? do we just log in? scared

Thanks Yellowlor! I'm going to apply for an MA, I'm studying Spanish and German so every extra year with languages helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭halfmoon123

I got UCD but I live in Kildare... Should I take it? and commute??

Yeah, log in to your pac, go to my account and click on on your application!

• Advertisement

I got UCD but I live in Kildare... Should I take it? and commute??

Yeah, go for it! I heard this is the last year of the "one year hdip"...apparently from Sep 2014 it goes to 2 years...

Ya boomtown123 just log! I didnt get it two years ago Niamhf, so I did a masters, I didnt bother applying for it last year because I didnt think the points would drop! you get 6points anyway from a masters, plus you'l be that bit older and wiser so I thi nk that pays of aswell :) Halfmoon I think you should move to Dublin, experience the nightlife :P

Niamhf wrote: »
    I'll apply next year! Kinda had a feeling I wouldn't get it though...my second year results got me 40 points for the dip. If I go on my final year results then I should get an offer next year! Well done B99! Where did you get Vie?

Oh yeah, definitely reapply! I got UCC too.

Yeah just log into pac and check your status. I didn't get any email either.

Thanks Niamhf!! Got a fright I didn't get any email notification. I got Cork!!!

Hardluck Niamh F. You'll get it next time. :)

Thanks guys, really appreciate all your advice :)

Niamhf wrote: »
    Thanks guys, really appreciate all your advice :)

If you did want to consider applying to the UK, if you were to go to England you'd get a big bursary because you're doing Modern Languages.

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    If you did want to consider applying to the UK, if you were to go to England you'd get a big bursary because you're doing Modern Languages.

Oh that sounds good...must look in to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I posted them all. Thought it looked a bit better but it's personal preference I guess!

Congrats every one who got an offer! Get those CVs out asap.
    Hard luck to those who didn't. Don't let the two year thing stop you if this is something you really want.

Finally!! It's been a long wait! I got UCC too :) I also have been offered Trinity so now its decision time, does anyone know any pros/cons with the two courses?

• Advertisement

Interesting that the points went down this year. I thought they'd go up because it's the last year of the one year course. I suppose people just don't see teaching as a viable option anymore with all the cuts.

Advertisement