Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

1929394959698»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ snor

Apologies - missed the primary part 🙈 whatever subject you think you’d like. Some people opt for Psychology- would imagine it to be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ daretodream

Yes, like the idea of Irish and Psychology. I don't think I'll get the Primary points for Maynooth...DARE might help me, but if last year's points remain, I'll need a miracle.

Don’t forget Primary in St Pats and Marino - points are usually lower. Put those as no 1-3 and then Arts as a back up and then do the PME. If you are not confident about getting Arts points, have a PLC as a back up and apply to arts through QQI next year. Lots of Arts places through QQI. Have every angle covered. You will get there 👍Register with the teaching council before your PME so you will be able to some subbing. Very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ daretodream

Should get over 500 so Arts should be ok. Be nice if Maynooth dropped... Will still keep all options covered though. Maynooth I can drive to, take a train or a bus. Would 4 years accommodation costs in Dublin win over a local PME? Trying to be sensible but don't want to be foolish either.

Not sure whAt side of maynooth you live but is it possible for you to drive/bus to Marino/Pats. Hibernian PME is €30k so prob not a lot of difference between it and accommodation for 4 years. Accommodation may be cheaper outside if Dublin. Lots to think about. Best of luck..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 BettyBlue22

Hibernia fees are circa €7,500 p.a. plus €750 for the Gaelteacht. €16,500 for the course, and subbing while doing the PME would have it paid for by the time you graduate @daretodream.

If you're doing a primary degree with a view to doing the PME, do something you love. Your passion for a subject will be an asset when you're applying for the PME and for jobs. Take some time out after your degree and sub to see if you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DazC98

When do PME offers usually come out? Anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaun123

Has anyone studied Irish and Geography as part of their PMEPP with Hibernia? I’m looking for a sample timetable for the hours each lecture takes place before starting in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Georgie192

Hi, does anyone know how many hours per week you’d be doing for the Pme in UL.

Thanks 😊

Advertisement