Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

Options
1929394959698»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Apologies - missed the primary part 🙈 whatever subject you think you’d like. Some people opt for Psychology- would imagine it to be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Yes, like the idea of Irish and Psychology. I don't think I'll get the Primary points for Maynooth...DARE might help me, but if last year's points remain, I'll need a miracle.

Don’t forget Primary in St Pats and Marino - points are usually lower. Put those as no 1-3 and then Arts as a back up and then do the PME. If you are not confident about getting Arts points, have a PLC as a back up and apply to arts through QQI next year. Lots of Arts places through QQI. Have every angle covered. You will get there 👍Register with the teaching council before your PME so you will be able to some subbing. Very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Should get over 500 so Arts should be ok. Be nice if Maynooth dropped... Will still keep all options covered though. Maynooth I can drive to, take a train or a bus. Would 4 years accommodation costs in Dublin win over a local PME? Trying to be sensible but don't want to be foolish either.

Not sure whAt side of maynooth you live but is it possible for you to drive/bus to Marino/Pats. Hibernian PME is €30k so prob not a lot of difference between it and accommodation for 4 years. Accommodation may be cheaper outside if Dublin. Lots to think about. Best of luck..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 BettyBlue22

Hibernia fees are circa €7,500 p.a. plus €750 for the Gaelteacht. €16,500 for the course, and subbing while doing the PME would have it paid for by the time you graduate @daretodream.

If you're doing a primary degree with a view to doing the PME, do something you love. Your passion for a subject will be an asset when you're applying for the PME and for jobs. Take some time out after your degree and sub to see if you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DazC98

When do PME offers usually come out? Anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaun123

Has anyone studied Irish and Geography as part of their PMEPP with Hibernia? I’m looking for a sample timetable for the hours each lecture takes place before starting in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Georgie192

Hi, does anyone know how many hours per week you’d be doing for the Pme in UL.

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1 baileyg100

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying to several universities for PME 2023 intake.

I have a question regarding Trinity college... Hoping somebody might be able to answer....

Closing date for applications is next week, November 25.

Interviews are scheduled for early December.

My question is, how soon after the interviews do candidates find out if they are successful or not?

If successful, how long do Trinity give to accept an offer?

Is it possible to wait for PAC offers to be made before deciding between Trinity and an alternative university?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Woah

Anyone have an interview with Hibernia recently for the primary pme? Any pointers on what sort of questions the ask for the Irish or English sections of the interview would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Anyone know where to find previous years' points for PME Post Primary in DCU? My calculations are giving me 45 pts based on final year results and credits (presume this is correct?). I can potentially get another 5 or 6 for relevant work experience but no idea what I need. Looking at comp sci and maths.

Complicated application as my degree is from 1997 (very very mature student) and the credits are retrospectively applied.

It also looks like I don't have enough credits for maths, only 50 of the 60 needed. But I have enough for computer science so I can get in with that. It's annoying though because we did best part of 30 hrs per week. One hour language, one hour management studies per week each year with the rest divided evenly between serval maths modules and several comp sci modules. Yet the credit weighting for year 2 for example is 16 each for maths and comp sci and 14 each for french and mgt studies.

Does anyone know if there are any maths specific classes in the PME in DCU. If they deem me short on credits then they won't train me to be a maths teacher but once qualified I just need to get the 10 extra credits to teach it, but I might have missed out on the important training.

Any info greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭glut22

Hi for the Hibernia post primary autumn intake, when do placements happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 peacefullore

I've been invited to sub soon in a secondary school in preparation for going into the PME later this year. They're giving me a few days at first to see how I get on then will make a decision on it possibly going further. Just wondering how I should prepare? I've never subbed in an Irish school before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 peacefullore

Does anybody have the list of schools to apply to if applying to UCC from last year? Want to get applications out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ferrell

What is the best route to become a primary teacher for those with a degree already but did ordinary level Irish? Stay in Ireland and repeat LC Irish/do an Irish course then 2 year PME, or go to the UK and train while studying up on Irish if there's an exam that needs to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

Just looking for some clarification on the attached from PAC site. It states max points for candidates with eligible Level 8 degree is 51.

While I know the points for your degree are based on average scores etc, with the max also being 51, does this mean, for example, if you got 51 points solely for your degree grades, and were also awarded an additional 2 points for work experience and an extra one point for an additional qualification (i.e. 54 points in total), are your total points capped at 51 regardless of what they were awarded for?

Anyone heard from DCU about post primary PME places for September. Their website says we'd hear in March but I've got nothing yet. Getting impatient now.

Advertisement