Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch Gold

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I drink but would only take Dutch if I had to / if offered out of politness
    I'm not a beer snob but Dutch Gold is the least tasty beer. People only drink it tO get "OMG totally ****ed LOL" from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I drink, but wouldn't touch Dutch Gold
    cson wrote: »
    Funnily enough they don't sell this in the Netherlands. Well not Amsterdam anyway.

I wonder does Continental Europe or some other far flung place have Leprechaun Piss or something similar masquerading as some exotic imported beer.
    killians.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I drink alcohol, but I don't drink beer anyway
    Funnily enough they don't sell this in the Netherlands. Well not Amsterdam anyway.

I wonder does Continental Europe or some other far flung place have Leprechaun Piss or something similar masquerading as some exotic imported beer.

They do actually! In poland they sell this beer featuring some kind of gypsy playing a harp. That's obviously their impression of Ireland!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FHrUG8KsQdE/UOgGkqxoHQI/AAAAAAAACg0/Qxf-IXKrzss/s1600/IMG_4459_irish.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I used to drink it but its only nice when its really cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭blue note

I drank a stout called "Kelt" in and Irish pub called "The Crack" in ollomouc (cezch republic)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I don't like the taste, but I don't look down on those who do
    I could never get into beer myself - always stuck with cider, wine, or spirits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Used to be 6 for €6 in the offie in Galway back in the oul student days. Then it became 6 for €7 and that was the end of that for me. Not the worst lager in fairness but unless you skull it back quickly and while it's cold then it's almost undrinkable.

Good for gettin merry before you head out to the nightclub and little else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Blisterman wrote: »
    They do actually! In poland they sell this beer featuring some kind of gypsy playing a harp. That's obviously their impression of Ireland!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FHrUG8KsQdE/UOgGkqxoHQI/AAAAAAAACg0/Qxf-IXKrzss/s1600/IMG_4459_irish.jpg

"Saints, preserve us!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Stella Artois - Belgium

All I've taken from this post is you like to top up your scum bag beer with a nice pint of wife beater. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Blisterman wrote: »

In Vancouver where I live we have Bowen Island Irish Cream Ale....definately not Irish obviously but popular here
    http://leapbeer.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/23-bowen-island-irish-cream-ale/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Dutch used to be decent, it's been watery piss for a few years now. I'd still drink it but usually shell out a few extra euro for Carlsberg or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I rather like Royal Dutch... now there's a sexy beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

you can tell a good beer by the lack of hangover.

I am getting auld for the sessions but recently met some friends for a rinse and drank several erdingers, to my surprise i was fine the next morning.,

if i had watered down pish available on tap in most Irish pubs i would be bladdered.

about 10 years ago in Prague i drank for 2 days straight and zero hangovers., quality beer.

shinkansen wrote: »
    you can tell a good beer by the lack of hangover.

I am getting auld for the sessions but recently met some friends for a rinse and drank several erdingers, to my surprise i was fine the next morning.,

if i had watered down pish available on tap in most Irish pubs i would be bladdered.

about 10 years ago in Prague i drank for 2 days straight and zero hangovers., quality beer.

Similar experience to yours, in Berlin. Drinking flat out until 2am, up at 7 for a walking tour (at 8) which lasted 4-5 hours. Not a bother on me!

Makes you wonder why drinking water is supposed to limit the effects, if it's really the crap in the beer that's bringing on the hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Don't like Dutch at all.

Best value cheap beers IMO have to be Grolsch and Vratislav. Tasty beers in their own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

The secret to drinking Dutch was always to have two cans of decent beer like Bud or Carling first, then start on the Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

The secret to drinking Dutch was always to have two cans of decent beer like Bud or Carling first, then start on the Dutch.

I wouldn't go so far as to call Bud or Carling decent but I agree with everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

I can't believe how many people still drink this piss went you can get 24 cans of Heineken for €24....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Brands have gotten into the heads of consumers. They would rather spend top dollar on something that you can get from a different brand for a cheaper price.

Example from this morning I came home with a 48 pack of Lidl brand wheatabix [Wheat bickies] and my mother said ''Ah no I wouldn't eat that from there, it wouldn't be the same''

Fine, you enjoy spending 6.50 in tesco when I get the same thing for 1.99 in Lidl. It's fecking wheat. Weetabix don't have a special farm for fancy wheat or anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

Germans and eastern Europeans make the best beer.

England make some fine ales and Scotland has some fantastic stuff...the aisles of tescos here are funny, more booze than food.

gotta love the Scots.

• Advertisement

collie0708 wrote: »
    I can't believe how many people still drink this piss went you can get 24 cans of Heineken for €24....

Heineken is just as piss, they just have a bigger advertising and sponsorship budget.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭Zer0

I grew up drinking it, it's a fine beer.. nothing wrong with it, it's cheap, alright on the taste buds and not the worst beer out there. don't be so paro about peoples opinion's of what you drink.. drink alcopops for all I care as long as you're happy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Couldn't get through any can of beer anymore, many. Pity most ciders here are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sfbonner

Me and a mate got a crate of dutch gold a few months ago and the next morning, hardly any hangover.... But if I was to go out drinking Heineken or Tuborg... halfway through the night my head would be killing me and id be in bed all the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Seriously??

Brands have gotten into the heads of consumers. They would rather spend top dollar on something that you can get from a different brand for a cheaper price.

Example from this morning I came home with a 48 pack of Lidl brand wheatabix [Wheat bickies] and my mother said ''Ah no I wouldn't eat that from there, it wouldn't be the same''

Fine, you enjoy spending 6.50 in tesco when I get the same thing for 1.99 in Lidl. It's fecking wheat. Weetabix don't have a special farm for fancy wheat or anything.

Lidl and aldi have some good value products but cereals are not one of them I've tried a few cereals from there and they are nothing like the branded version, very poor taste in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Don't aggravate the OP or it's going to kick off in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Probably one of the few things that are Inferior to its branded rivals IMO. tastes and looks like a sheet of plywood, as regards Dutchie, After drinking a small child of it, It gives out perhaps the worst hangovers in the world. Wildbrau is the way o go.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 HandsomeJonny

I really like Tegernseer Beer from Bavaria and also Augistiner. Most German beers pack good punch and are not as prone to leaving a hangover. If I go out in Ireland they only thing I can drink is Guinness. Everything else you get in Ireland is piss. It all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

It's my favourite canned beer - no joke. I much prefer it to heineken, budwieser, miller etc... The one thing I don't like about it is that sometimes you can get a dodgy tasting can in a pack... it just tastes off for whatever reason but it still gets the job done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement