Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff happened longer ago then you think...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

LizT wrote: »
    If the kids from Friends were real:

Emma would be 11 this year.
    Phoebe's triplets would be turning 15
    Monica and Chandler's twins would be 9
    Ben would be 18 in May :eek:

I still remember the episode when Emma was born

*Tear... they grow up so fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

doughef wrote: »
    Who shot JR??

33 years ago! :eek:

He was shot and killed there a while back.... WHO DONE IT THIS TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I would imagine most kids in secondary school now don't remember when the PS1 and the N64 were considered high-tech, cutting edge entertainment.

Im picking up my first N64 tomorrow morning when I finish work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Im picking up my first N64 tomorrow morning when I finish work :D

I tried to start mine up the other day but it won't work :(

Google is nearly 15 years old! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Finding nemo is 10 years I old :(
    I saw it when I was 9.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Master Of Puppets is 27 years old this year. :eek:

Metroid Prime came out on the GameCube 10 years ago last month in Europe. Still my all-time favourite game.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

1990 was 23 years ago :(

It only feels like yesterday when Italia 90 was on and about 20 of us were up on top of a bus shelter rocking the bollox out of it after David O Leary scored that peno.

I was 9

Most people in my class were born in 1990 and 1991. :o I was 9 8 then too. :(
    I heard you grow until you are 21 then ... you slowly decline :p

Up to 23-24 for some males...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

I would imagine most kids in secondary school now don't remember when the PS1 and the N64 were considered high-tech, cutting edge entertainment.

I'd imagine a lot of kids in Secondary School now don't remember a time when we didn't have mobile phones and you used the house phone to call your mates, we didn't have Sky Plus and the like and you'd to record stuff on DVD or better again; video cassettes. As for cassette tapes... perish the thought!

Anyone born in the 80s has lived through some of the most enormous changes in technology ever seen I would say. I doubt that the extent and speed of change from 1990 - 2010 will ever be replicated.

Most of all; there are kids in school today who'll never have heard the joys of bopping to Scooter in a teenage disco. That fact genuinely makes me sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

cson wrote: »
    Most of all; there are kids in school today who'll never have heard the joys of bopping to Scooter in a teenage disco. That fact genuinely makes me sad. :(

I'm sure Maniac will get another airing ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Larianne wrote: »

That too. What a song. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

1990 was 23 years ago :(

It only feels like yesterday when Italia 90 was on and about 20 of us were up on top of a bus shelter rocking the bollox out of it after David O Leary scored that peno.

I was 9

I have an Italia 90 teddy in my bedroom. I wasnt born for another year. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Most people in my class were born in 1990 and 1991. :o I was 9 8 then too. :(
    Held back a few years, were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What a tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Up to 23-24 for some males...

Please fook let one of them be me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Master Of Puppets is 27 years old this year. :eek:

Metroid Prime came out on the GameCube 10 years ago last month in Europe. Still my all-time favourite game.

Rob has been a member of Metallica for two and a half times as long as Cliff Burton.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

To counter this thread title, think of it like this...youtube only came into existence in 2005. I still remember my friend telling me to check it out. That's not long ago at all

GTA 3 is 12 this year! The first gta game I got to play at my older cousins house when I was 7

Anyone remember Mr. Whoppee?

1ZRed wrote: »
    GTA 3 is 12 this year! The first gta game I got to play at my older cousins house when I was 7

That's 12 this year? I remember when it came out. :(

Then again i remember playing Tomb Raider on the PS1 around 96? I feel old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

25 years since Galway won an All Ireland hurling final:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Please fook let one of them be me!!

Why, how tall are you that you need to keep growing until you're 25??? Unless you're like 4' 6" or something, I wouldn't worry too much...

That's 12 this year? I remember when it came out. :(

Then again i remember playing Tomb Raider on the PS1 around 96? I feel old :(

I remember the first jak and daxter

Worse still I remember playing crash bandicoot when I was young which is 16 years old! That's nearly legal for sex! :eek:

DazMarz wrote: »
    Why, how tall are you that you need to keep growing until you're 25??? Unless you're like 4' 6" or something, I wouldn't worry too much...

Over 6ft but as far over that as I can get I'll be happy :p It's the fact that you stop growing and it's all downhill from there is what scares the bollix off me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Over 6ft but as far over that as I can get I'll be happy :p It's the fact that you stop growing and it's all downhill from there is what scares the bollix off me!

That falls off eventually, too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

The last episode of Friends aired 9 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Freddie Mercury will be 22 years dead this year, hard to believe it is that long ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

It is legal to have sex with people born when Take That - Back For Good was in the charts

I remember the first jak and daxter

Worse still I remember playing crash bandicoot when I was young which is 16 years old! That's nearly legal for sex! :eek:

I remember crash bandicoot too.

Toy Story is 18 years old this year. I saw it in the cinema when i was 4. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

It is legal to have sex with people born when Take That - Want You Back was in the charts

And if they were concieved to that song?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

And if they were concieved to that song?

9 months too young

Advertisement