Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Do not do that. Some of the inclines on the way up are deceptive, you might be fine one moment, badly stuck the next. Do not risk having to bring out a Rescue on Good Friday, and Im sure you dont want to be stuck up there either. There could be up to 1 metre of snow up there by now

If you want photos have the right gear, I've a pair of snow chains that would get you out of trouble as the roads will be snow covered. Message me if you're interested.

Set of 2 for drive wheels, unused, quality, easy to put on chains.

Fit the following wheel sizes (width/profile-diameter)

175/80-13
    185/70-13 195/60-14
    195/65-13 205/55-14
    205/60-13 175/65-15
    165/80-14 175/60-15
    165/75-14 185/55-15
    175/70-14 195/50-15
    185/65-14 185/50-16
    195/45-16

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

It'll do! D7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Do not do that. Some of the inclines on the way up are deceptive, you might be fine one moment, badly stuck the next. Do not risk having to bring out a Rescue on Good Friday, and Im sure you dont want to be stuck up there either. There could be up to 1 metre of snow up there by now

Thanks for the heads up :)
    I definitely don't want to be getting stuck up there. Bohernabreena resevoir is lower down, that might be a safer bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

thomasj wrote: »
    There is a yellow warning of further snowfalls today. The warning is upto 6pm tonight but it says snowfalls will be light so I don't know where tv3 got heavy from?
    No warning at all now from met Eireann for snow not even yellow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wow. If this were Dec or Jan, we'd be under real hardship right now, looking at the models another 10 days of easterly dominated weather, with well below average temperatures. But getting to the stage where the impressive uppers are reduced.

Looks mostly dry but feeling very cold, Can't see double figure temperatures for a long time yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Moderate snow shower in D14 :D

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Moderate snow shower in D14 :D

For once! You can f*kn keep it!!!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Wow. If this were Dec or Jan, we'd be under real hardship right now, looking at the models another 10 days of easterly dominated weather, with well below average temperatures. But getting to the stage where the impressive uppers are reduced.

Looks mostly dry but feeling very cold, Can't see double figure temperatures for a long time yet!!

Such a shame , all the ingredients are in place , just the timing is all wrong .

More of nuisance at this stage , hopefully the blocking pattern holds well into the "Spring/Summer" and brings us some fine weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Didnt last very long :(

Still coming down lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Such a shame , all the ingredients are in place , just the timing is all wrong .

More of nuisance at this stage , hopefully the blocking pattern holds well into the "Spring/Summer" and brings us some fine weather

Yep, 30c at Dublin Airport please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Very light sleet shower on the Navan Road now- Causing a melt more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

A bit frustrating to think that if we had this Arctic high about 2/3 months ago we'd be looking at a winter that I think would have been better than 2010 (for snow lovers of course :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

bring on the summer now, got my bit of snow, now roll on the heatwaves

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow shower here again, propably the last flakes till next winter. Even with the cold in place next week the temperatures will be slightly higher due to it being closer to summer. Getting closer to the time to start looking at FI charts for spanish weather:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another artic easterly blast setting up from next wednesday with direct winds from northern Russia all the way to Galway and beyond, the cold just go's on and on as dominant as the mild atlantic muck can be, expect plenty of frost and sub-zero nights along with windchill over the coming 7-12 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

What's the current thinking on tomorrow night in the south? Might there be frontal snow? Last I looked it would be rain....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

What's the current thinking on tomorrow night in the south? Might there be frontal snow? Last I looked it would be rain....

MT seems to think the models have underestimated how far north the atlantic systems will make it. Also Met Eireann have nothing in their latest Munster forecast so looks like a very outside chance but who knows maybe a ninja snow event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Nearly gettin a tan now in tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Lovely & Sunny in dun laoghaire.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Getting ridiculous at this stage....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Is this thread running out of steam or snow maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

2 mornings in a row of decent lying snow has satisfied my snow fix so bring on some warm weather now please.

I think with the clocks going forward this weekend, I would find it really freaky to have lying snow next week at 8pm in the evening and it still being bright outside! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I hope this setup stays with us for a few more months. It will eventually turn warm, then hot. The uppers are weakening on each run. Its inevitable.

Don't wish for the cold to go. Wish for a transition. The Atlantic will only bring mild wet weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nabber wrote: »
    I hope this setup stays with us for a few more months. It will eventually turn warm, then hot. The uppers are weakening on each run. Its inevitable.

Don't wish for the cold to go. Wish for a transition. The Atlantic will only bring mild wet weather.

Looks like you're getting your wish out to 10 days at least. Slack easterly flow all the way, unseasonably cool at 6 or 7 degrees below normal, rainfall far below average.

Basically whatever everyone is looking at out the window now, get used to it, its what you'll see until 10th or so of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nabber wrote: »

Not necessarily hot though, ideally we'd like the jet stream north of our high pressure not south.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Out and about in Carlow. I struggle to describe how cold it is - sun is shining too but cold is impenetrable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't worry, just as Eurasia heats up nicely the whole thing will fall apart and it'll be the usual crap this summer.

Did Ken Ring predict any of this btw? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

kakee wrote: »

Even a stopped clock tells the right time right time twice a day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Deank wrote: »
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time right time twice a day ;)

Or in the case of a digital clock once a day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement