Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

doccy wrote: »
    Celbridge is plastered again, same as yesterday

Fabulous in Dublin 15...3 cm of lying snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Looks like south dublin getting hammered now

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

very light here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Nothing in Greystones however very dark clouds looming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

light wet Graupel here in D4. Melt is on again though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light covering on grass and cars and roofs, roads clear here. Nice shower in the last half hour.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

-2 in Blessington getting very dark here again
    Snowing again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like shower activity will fizzle out this morning, so I think people should say bye bye to snow until next winter. Just a few flakes falling here now.

Roll on the April showers! :) Then.....a hot May, June, July and August, with a couple of Spanish plume events/plenty of thundery breakdowns, a nice dry and settled September, lots of gales and storms for October and November, and, then back to snow for December.

There ya go. Forecast for the year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ok bored of this snow watching now and cold weather bring on the summer please; )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snow has just kicked off again in D15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Snowing 160m up rathfarnham & got a covering again last night

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ok bored of this snow watching now and cold weather bring on the summer please; )

Same here.

I think the next time we get a decent snow event (We can only dream of another winter 2010), we'll realise how often we clutched at straws this winter - willing a shower of a few flakes to become something significant only for it to stop 30 seconds later!

Taxedalot wrote: »

Same here.

I think the next time we get a decent snow event (We can only dream of another winter 2010), we'll realise how often we clutched at straws this winter - willing a shower of a few flakes to become something significant only for it to stop 30 seconds later!

Nobody clutching at straws in west Dublin...heavy snow this morning, yesterday morning and several other lighter snowfalls previous to this.....in december, january etc......snowing again in Dublin 15...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

heavy grapuel hope theres nice fluffy flakes to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Nobody clutching at straws in west Dublin...heavy snow this morning, yesterday morning and several other lighter snowfalls previous to this.....in december, january etc......snowing again in Dublin 15...

Agree, but certainly there's been nothing widespread, just pockets here and there. Sometimes it's been significant in that it came down for a while and stuck, but the amount of short showers that stopped almost as quickly as they started has been very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

3 or 4 cm here over night. I don't think there's been much more since 10ish last night and nice crunch when you walk on it. Temp above freezing, but not thawing and light stuff blowing in the wind.

Citywest looks pretty much as it did yesterday morning though there is barely any more snow falling. I reckon the sun will be out quicker today too. Drive to work was much handier (less fun) than it was yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Heavy snow in Sallins this morning, looks like there's more heading that way, on the train to Heuston and it's been snowing on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks like shower activity will fizzle out this morning, so I think people should say bye bye to snow until next winter. Just a few flakes falling

Certainly looks that way on ME radar.
    Yet clouds above are dark, and on TV3 they mention that ME have warning for dublin, wicklow, and surrounding areas for "substantial" falls of snow today?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Certainly looks that way on ME radar.
    Yet clouds above are dark, and on TV3 they mention that ME have warning for dublin, wicklow, and surrounding areas for "substantial" falls of snow today?

I think they are playing catch up/making it up as they go along! :D

John Eagleton on the radio this morning said snow would fizzle out this morning...but...MT in his forecast is going for another chance of some snow for the east tonight.

very light snow falling here for the last hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

DOCARCH wrote: »

I think they are playing catch up/making it up as they go along! :D

John Eagleton on the radio this morning said snow would fizzle out this morning...but...MT in his forecast is going for another chance of some snow for the east tonight.

very light snow falling here for the last hour or so.

There is a yellow warning of further snowfalls today. The warning is upto 6pm tonight but it says snowfalls will be light so I don't know where tv3 got heavy from?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

snowing again in citywest

I think I am now done with the snow have had my fix bring on the nice weather now please

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Posted this in the wrong thread last night:

Had a nice experience with music and snow... enjoy!

EDIT: And it just started snowing again in Rathfarnham...

paddy ocon wrote: »
    snowing again in citywest

I think I am now done with the snow have had my fix bring on the nice weather now please

It has been so cold for so long especially in east and north.....I am off to Nice in s few days time....19 degrees and sunny!! Cant wait.....I need some heat in my bones!!"

Snowing here still in D 15 with a heavy enough deposit. ... colder than yesterday I feel with about 4 cm of lying snow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

waiting for the snow in South Munster tomorrow, couple if inches will do nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well that's that I guess. The sea is not cooking anything up for us, a well, time to enjoy the snow on the ground :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Anyone have any idea what the roads up to the Sally Gap would be like tomorrow or even just Military Road up a point of lying snow? Want to go up with the camera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Stephen P wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the roads up to the Sally Gap would be like tomorrow or even just Military Road up a point of lying snow? Want to go up with the camera :)

Do not do that. Some of the inclines on the way up are deceptive, you might be fine one moment, badly stuck the next. Do not risk having to bring out a Rescue on Good Friday, and Im sure you dont want to be stuck up there either. There could be up to 1 metre of snow up there by now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

woke up too late to see the snow cover heard there was a good 2cm here early this morning, nearly all melted now, faster thaw than yesterday, not surprising with April just a few days away.

• Advertisement

my part of lucan, like winter wonderland:) Happily wathced it snow for hours last night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement