Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America sends nuclear-capable stealth bombers to scare South Korea into submission

Options
  • 28-03-2013 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

are we all really going to sit back and watch as America further disrupts the whole planet? if you think you'll be immune to the fallout of American bully tactics just cos you're on the rock of Éire you are in complete denial of the truth. this and everything else America is up to has me freaked out of my head and I can't make sense of how or why people say everything is grand when it couldn't be further from the truth

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17498063-nuclear-capable-stealth-bombers-sent-to-south-korea-amid-kim-jong-uns-threats?lite

Two American B-2 Spirit stealth bombers practiced an attack on the Korean Peninsula Thursday as part of a military exercise that has sparked angry threats from North Korea.
    The U.S. military said the planes involved in the firing drill left Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri on a "long-duration, round-trip training mission."
    Inert munitions were dropped on a range facility on the Jikdo islands off the western coast of South Korea before the jets returned to the continental U.S. in a single continuous flight.
    B-2 Spirit bombers are capable of carrying either conventional or nuclear weapons.
    In a statement, the United States Forces Korea said the mission "demonstrates the United States’ ability to conduct long-range, precision strikes quickly and at will."
    Dubbed "Foal Eagle," the training exercise involves about 200,000 South Korean troops and 10,000 U.S. forces and is due to continue until the end of April.

Sin Young-Keun / Yonhap via Reuters
    A U.S. Air Force B-2 Spirit stealth bomber (left) flies over Pyeongtaek, South Korea, on Thursday.

The Korean Central News Agency, the official state news agency, did not immediately have a response to the stealth bomber mission on Thursday. Previously, KCNA hit out at flights made by U.S. B-52 bombers.
    The mission comes at a time of raised tensions between North Korea, its neighbors and the U.S.
    A propaganda video posted on the country’s Uriminzokkiri website in February showed New York City under attack from North Korean rockets – a scenario thought to be far outside the reach of the poverty-stricken nation.
    The video, which was set to a version of the song "We Are the World," was widely lampooned in the U.S.
    Another video posted in March showed an image of the U.S. Capitol building being hit by an explosion.
    The U.S. military announced on March 15 that it was bolstering missile defenses in response to threats from the North, including a threat to conduct a "preemptive nuclear strike."
    North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said on March 20 that he would order military forces to attack American military installations in the Pacific and South Korea if its "enemies … make even the slightest move,” according to KCNA.
    “When the drills turn into a battle, the enemies will be made to drink a bitter cup, unable to raise their heads, in the face of retaliatory blows of the strong revolutionary Paektusan army, he [Kim] said,” the same KCNA article stated in language characteristic of the state’s military-first government.
    Tensions rose on the Korean Peninsula in December when the North launched a rocket test, and then again in February with the test of a nuclear bomb. The United Nations Security Council moved to impose further sanctions on the already isolated nation by a unanimous vote early in March.
    On Wednesday, North Korea said it was cutting the last channel of communications with the South because war could break out at "any moment."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

south korea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They do military exercises in good Korea all the time. I'll pay more attention when they bomb bad Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

yes the header is supposed to read North Korea, a mod might change it for me asap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

South Korea = good Korea.
    Must try harder OP

F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

North Korea.......Your American arnt you?

if you are doing to correct someone and try to be smart make sure YOU'RE right

if people were half as bothered about what america is up to rather than subject headers we'd all be far better off

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A bloody good war will lead us out of recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

First time the B-2 has done exercises in Korea I believe. It's an obvious escalation.

Make tea not war!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

G Power wrote: »
    yes the header is supposed to read North Korea, a mod might change it for me asap

I hope you're not a drone pilot, you wouldn't want to be blowing up the wrong people.:eek:

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    First time the B-2 has done exercises in Korea I believe. It's an obvious escalation.

Make tea not war!!!

oh but lets find typos or mistakes to take the piss out of and ignore the elephant in the room shall we :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I was going to make tea but I took an arrow to the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

are we all really going to sit back and watch as America further disrupts the whole planet?

I'm just making lunch at the moment but I'm free after that. What are we going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Oh those poor North Koreans....

Shut the **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Baralis1

I don't think that's fair to describe this test flight as bully boy tactics. North Korea has issued numerous threats in recent days and weeks including threatening to launch a nuclear attack on the United States mainland. The US is trying to approach the situation calmly while showing it can defend itself. If you want to see bully boy tactics, just look at China who are encroaching into the territorial waters of numerous other nations and using navy and airforce to bully their neighbours into backing down. Now I'm not defending past US actions in any way but in this case I think they're in the right.
    are we all really going to sit back and watch as America further disrupts the whole planet? if you think you'll be immune to the fallout of American bully tactics just cos you're on the rock of Éire you are in complete denial of the truth. this and everything else America is up to has me freaked out of my head and I can't make sense of how or why people say everything is grand when it couldn't be further from the truth

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17498063-nuclear-capable-stealth-bombers-sent-to-south-korea-amid-kim-jong-uns-threats?lite

Two American B-2 Spirit stealth bombers practiced an attack on the Korean Peninsula Thursday as part of a military exercise that has sparked angry threats from North Korea.
    The U.S. military said the planes involved in the firing drill left Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri on a "long-duration, round-trip training mission."
    Inert munitions were dropped on a range facility on the Jikdo islands off the western coast of South Korea before the jets returned to the continental U.S. in a single continuous flight.
    B-2 Spirit bombers are capable of carrying either conventional or nuclear weapons.
    In a statement, the United States Forces Korea said the mission "demonstrates the United States’ ability to conduct long-range, precision strikes quickly and at will."
    Dubbed "Foal Eagle," the training exercise involves about 200,000 South Korean troops and 10,000 U.S. forces and is due to continue until the end of April.

Sin Young-Keun / Yonhap via Reuters
    A U.S. Air Force B-2 Spirit stealth bomber (left) flies over Pyeongtaek, South Korea, on Thursday.

The Korean Central News Agency, the official state news agency, did not immediately have a response to the stealth bomber mission on Thursday. Previously, KCNA hit out at flights made by U.S. B-52 bombers.
    The mission comes at a time of raised tensions between North Korea, its neighbors and the U.S.
    A propaganda video posted on the country’s Uriminzokkiri website in February showed New York City under attack from North Korean rockets – a scenario thought to be far outside the reach of the poverty-stricken nation.
    The video, which was set to a version of the song "We Are the World," was widely lampooned in the U.S.
    Another video posted in March showed an image of the U.S. Capitol building being hit by an explosion.
    The U.S. military announced on March 15 that it was bolstering missile defenses in response to threats from the North, including a threat to conduct a "preemptive nuclear strike."
    North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said on March 20 that he would order military forces to attack American military installations in the Pacific and South Korea if its "enemies … make even the slightest move,” according to KCNA.
    “When the drills turn into a battle, the enemies will be made to drink a bitter cup, unable to raise their heads, in the face of retaliatory blows of the strong revolutionary Paektusan army, he [Kim] said,” the same KCNA article stated in language characteristic of the state’s military-first government.
    Tensions rose on the Korean Peninsula in December when the North launched a rocket test, and then again in February with the test of a nuclear bomb. The United Nations Security Council moved to impose further sanctions on the already isolated nation by a unanimous vote early in March.
    On Wednesday, North Korea said it was cutting the last channel of communications with the South because war could break out at "any moment."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

You say your off your head

have you been sleeping ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

dmc17 wrote: »
    I'm just making lunch at the moment but I'm free after that. What are we going to do?

well there are many weekly protests popping up around the country for only one hour on a Sunday where people can voice their anger at their own governments policies ruining peoples lives and I'm sure they would all welcome people who are concerned about what's going on on a global scale.

so, if you're finished taking the piss I will listen to your excuse as to why you can't do anything other than take the piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

I shall read no further. - Article written by George Bush most likely.

sfwcork wrote: »

what are you on about??

is there anything to be said for another mass father

wrote:
    G Power

what are you on about??

you aid your are freaked out of your head

I asked have you been sleeping ok? Have you been pacing up and down your room during the night biting your nails with worry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I take it its not the first time they've used first strike weapons in the drills and war games, so I dont see what the difference is.

I obviously wouldnt want to see a war, but OP can you explain what direct impact one would have on Ireland? Shortage in Kia shipments and concern for our tefl expats?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Can we just lock this thread? A little bit of the English language has died today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,228 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jme2010 wrote: »
    I shall read no further. - Article written by George Bush most likely.

Unlikely in fairness.. given the verb

you aid your are freaked out of your head

I asked have you been sleeping ok? Have you been pacing up and down your room during the night biting your nails with worry?

no as you can see above you said i was off my head

I am freaked out having to watch as crazy bastards antagonise the planet and tell us it's for our own good and protection. the state of the planet my daughter is growing up in is usually the last thing i think of each night and the first thing i think about when i wake up. is there something wrong with looking at the whole mess and being worried or am I expected to act like most in complete denial that there are people being unnecessarily blown to bits because of a few crazy people??

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

What would you suggest we do OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

why is the fact that they are capable of delivering nuclear weapons such a new concern,

I'm sure there are several subs in the area armed to the teeth too, nuclear bombs could be dropped from a variety of planes not just the stealth bomber.

and if you want to get nitty gritty about it any tanks or planes that use deplated uranium shells are technically nuclear weapons and the effects of this can be seen in Iraq from Gulf War 1 to the present day.

For once however i sould support a military intervention. Here is a country where the leader has brainwashed the entire population, has crippled the economy leading to mass starvation and death, the gulags where people are treated worse than you can possibly imagine and the have shown to the world that they have weapons of mass destructions that they are currently using to threaten SK and America and anyone else really.

NK and Syria are 2 countries where outside military intervention should happen before its to late

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement