Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America sends nuclear-capable stealth bombers to scare South Korea into submission

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

What's the point in sending a stealth bomber? :confused::confused::confused:

Whose gonna see it innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What's the point in sending a stealth bomber? :confused::confused::confused:

Whose gonna see it innit?
    Nobody under normal circumstances, but making it public knowledge is just a nod to DPRK to be on the lookout for it and hopefully realize how helpless they are against a stealth bomber.

Personally, I suspect that for the training runs at least one warhead will be carried along, for testing purposes (payload, instrumentation etc). Oh I doubt the Koreans even have radiological detection, but how much of a fright would you get from a radiological alarm suddenly appearing over your capital without warning? Quite a huge scare I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

My dad was stationed at Whiteman as it transitioned from a missile base to the home of the stealth bomber. The size and shape of those jets just seem intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Indeed - 174ft wingspan, which is wider than the C-17 (a big ****ing cargo plane, if youve seen one):

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

No need for two threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement