Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Nice fall of snow here nw a nice covering

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

light snow in D4, not sticking much though.
    It's been more constant than last night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Snowing in Celbridge and I'm here tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

all the snow is gone again here in kilcoole lasted for a few hours then it thawed

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

My old man just called from Drogheda and the whole place is covered, including the road, nearly two inches so far. I'd love to be up their now, anywhere outside of the snow shield. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Fine powdered snow/graupel falling for a good bit now in D15. Roofs, Roads, Tops of cars, everything white :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

fontenoy7 wrote: »

Full on blizzard again in Dublin 15.....ninja snow....savage!!!

Jaysus lads, the Government need to think of evacuating Dublin 15, that's 36 hours straight of blizzards reported here. There must be hundreds of deaths by now.

All white here in Carlow (here for week) now again. v pleasing on the eye. As an aside for the Carlow lads, the radar has shown nowt here all day but there's been plenty of (mostly melting) snow. Are the radars usually so inaccurate for here?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

My old man just called from Drogheda and the whole place is covered, including the road, nearly two inches so far. I'd love to be up their now, anywhere outside of the snow shield. :(

Really intense now in D. 15....hammering down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

all the snow is gone again here in kilcoole lasted for a few hours then it thawed
    yeah wats up with that we get a pelting all day now nothing not happy!!

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Really intense now in D. 15....hammering down...

Stop! I can't bear to hear it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

antodeco wrote: »
    Lovely covering here in D10. Still coming down. How long is this expected to last?

No idea. It was pummeling down to the south of me a couple of hours ago. Now it's hammering down to the north of me. I got the transition period of a half an hour's fix.

It's really hard to tell what's gonna happen but it's still game on for Wicklow/Dublin/Meath/Louth at the moment. But favouring North Dublin/Meath/Louth it seems as the winds have shifted more easterly again.

Any snow pics peeps? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

That's mad - the snow covering here (near Kildare town) is gone ! melted ! There was a fairly good covering particularly on roofs and even the road was white and it was freezing. All gone bar a little on the grass. Didn't expect that ! Are there warm sectors floating around in the flow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hollster2 wrote: »
    yeah wats up with that we get a pelting all day now nothing not happy!!

its the kilcoole microclimate, would drive ya up the walls at times:o

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Light shower here now in Rathangan again.

We had a heavy enough one around 8pm and it covered everything within a few minutes. Didn't thaw so this one is topping it up nicely.

We pretty much had shower, thaw, shower thaw from 7am this morning here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

its the kilcoole microclimate, would drive ya up the walls at times:o
    i know yeah bloody headwreckin maybe its saving us till last lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no point in moaning any more, similar situation here snow shield strong/snow melt by morning, doesn't matter how much snow falls tonight below 300m, it will be melted by noon tomorrow but can we all just pray and hope these conditions will happen during the proper winter months next year! this March delivered! let's hope next December/January brings us the well deserved goods

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The swing in wind directions to a more northerly bearing was from some troughing occurring within the showers heading to the east coast. The temperatures north of Dublin are somewhat higher, and this was being dragged down a bit it seems. The temperature here in D7 has risen slightly and the roads are more clear now than they were about 30 minutes ago. Snow is very heavy right now. Dewpoints are close to 0 in spite of the cold air.

From here on the temperatures should drop again and winds will turn easterly with less precipitation as the night goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Rougies wrote: »
    No idea. It was pummeling down to the south of me a couple of hours ago. Now it's hammering down to the north of me. I got the transition period of a half an hour's fix.

It's really hard to tell what's gonna happen but it's still game on for Wicklow/Dublin/Meath/Louth at the moment. But favouring North Dublin/Meath/Louth it seems as the winds have shifted more easterly again.

Yep same here, got that transitional period of graupel and snow showers before things shifted in favour of Dublin. North Dublin looks nicely placed looking at radar

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

It's like nearly as bright as it in the daytime with the lights reflecting off all the snow here in D15!! :pac:
    Yellow everywhere yellow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Yellow everywhere yellow.jpg
    Who or what the hell is that in the middle of the pic under the washing line :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

delw wrote: »
    Who or what the hell is that in the middle of the pic under the washing line :eek::)

holy crap I wont be able to sleep its like a dead standy up person freaky :eek::eek:

the person looks like they are hanging

you need to come back on and explain nowwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

delw wrote: »

I was just about to post that:D
    The mother-in-law maybe:D:P

I've just looked at the pic again and it looks like the shed behind the "body" has a creepy face

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

BGZ0UoYCYAAp5cy.jpg
    Clondalkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Place is covered and it's still snowing heavy on tge snugbourough road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Good bit of snow fell for bout hour an half in tallaght
    White everywhere bar the roads
    I'm in work so can someone tell me are we due more snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I was so busy midnight coding that I missed the snow shower!!! (D7)

Bad picture because it's night but basically there's a few centimetres on the grass and cars, light dusting on my driveway. Melting on paths and roads are very wet!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3ppegjcngrg93t/20130328_002418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Any snow pics peeps? :)

This morning.

7C1131F7E0AE4110940BC2EC9BED7514-0000324468-0003205363-00500L-AA73C5272ED6484D9EDC71C0B6E2CDCD.jpg

F8818749E2FE45D982C93D6BFF182617-0000324468-0003205362-00500L-2A788DB7E5F5421BAE3FD2E01E83C056.jpg

Tonight.
    8CAE5B7C3FB54E64B60BFA125273777E-0000324468-0003205361-00500L-6DC461F452F846DCAB5E40AD5CF08FC6.jpg

F22AFB9B65564D5D8E3371722FF3EC28-0000324468-0003205360-00500L-D993D67097564E9DB88E9C42668A5F98.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Swords

Weird. Way more snow in your part of Swords than mine. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement