Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The Limerick Forum hasn't had a beers in a long while, so if its Limerick I'm sure we could get a thread going there too to get em all back out from behind their computer screens again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think outside Dublin again would be great. Roadtrip like!

Dalkey it is then:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

No
    Anyone suggested belfast yet? Great wee town.

Woo. Galway is winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Anyone suggested belfast yet? Great wee town.
    it was an early contender but then it flagged a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Vegas?

Don't much mind which one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

From a native Carlow man Why The Bloody Hell was Carlow even an option? It's Carlow FFS! PS, up yours Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Snipe wrote: »
    The Limerick Forum hasn't had a beers in a long while, so if its Limerick I'm sure we could get a thread going there too to get em all back out from behind their computer screens again!

Ah sure it was worth a stab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Would've voted pretty much anywhere except Galway. Seems poll has closed already though ... decision made, I guess! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

So what do people with no friends do at these meetups? Do they just walk in and announce who they are? Is there a special corner for all the mods and "popular" users. While all the users nobody has ever heard of/cares about are shoved in the awkward corner?

• Advertisement

No
    So what do people with no friends do at these meetups? Do they just walk in and announce who they are? Is there a special corner for all the mods and "popular" users. While all the users nobody has ever heard of/cares about are shoved in the awkward corner?

People who happen to be friends have mostly met at beers. Often if it's someone's first beers and they are going alone, people will offer to meet up with them, either for a drink beforehand, or at the front door. Or you're more than welcome to just walk up and say hi! Everyone is very friendly at these things, I was terrified at my very first beers but you're put at ease so quickly that you forget what it was you were nervous about :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Galway is good
    4th or 11th may would be good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

So is this a piss up on a train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You can drink on trains on Good Friday, which is in a couple of weeks. Is there a train that goes to all of the places on the poll?

If not, does anybody know how to hire a train?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

orestes wrote: »
    You can drink on trains on Good Friday, which is in a couple of weeks. Is there a train that goes to all of the places on the poll?

If not, does anybody know how to hire a train?

www.budgetrent-a-train.ie

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

Maybe
    Galway or Limerick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

cuana wrote: »
    Galway or Limerick :)

Galway won the vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

No
    Never been to galway! looking forward to this I have to say, the last beers was great.

If I'm getting the train I'll be looking around wondering if anyone else is going to the beers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe

Yes, if it involves The Master.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Maybe
    I'll join ye halfway on the train... Will ye all be pissed at that stage? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

LizT wrote: »
    I'll join ye halfway on the train... Will ye all be pissed at that stage? :D

pffft, next time you are up in Dublin il bring you drinkin' on the LUAS....everyone else does it, be great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe
    pffft, next time you are up in Dublin il bring you drinkin' on the LUAS....everyone else does it, be great craic.

Nah, the no.123 bus is where it's at! :cool:

Larianne wrote: »
    Nah, the no.123 bus is where it's at! :cool:

Ha, been there! Also the #7 used to have it's own toilet....or back seat, whatever you want to call it! o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Maybe
    You people disgust me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sauve wrote: »
    You people disgust me.
    You expected more of us? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Can I go? :)

No
    Potential dates? will we push it right out til June/July or have it earlier?

I could defo do July............but that just means everyone wants it in June :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

No
    So far away! June/July would work for me though :)

Advertisement