Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS O'Connells bar Galway. Probably the best pub in the world.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Can everyone really go to this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

If you're 18 and not banned from ever attending a beers, then yes!*

*everyone meaning people who actually post on Boards, or who are friends with a poster present. That's how it usually is.

June/July sounds good anyway.

entropi wrote: »
    If you're 18 and not banned from ever attending a beers, then yes!*

*everyone meaning people who actually post on Boards, or who are friends with a poster present. That's how it usually is.

June/July sounds good anyway.
    If you get banned from a forum you can't go?

Why is this being organised so far in advance? Should we not aim for Ester or something instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Calm down Teddy.......don't come on too strong or you will scare away the beers!

• Advertisement

Calm down Teddy.......don't come on too strong or you will scare away the beers!
    I don't think I'll go. I don't like the idea of a big session waiting for me in June, lol I must have some ego to even think like that.
    That's just a personal thing for me. I see no problem with people planning a few drinks.
    Sorry I'm rambling a bit now, I'll stop asking stupid questions now (for a while at least) :P

Teddy, what the fuq are you on about you dingleberry?

Teddy, what the fuq are you on about you dingleberry?
    I honestly don't know. I'm laughing to myself here. I think I've lost the plot.

I honestly don't know. I'm laughing to myself here. I think I've lost the plot.

Ok buddy, make sure to let us know when you find it eh...:pac:

Ok buddy, make sure to let us know when you find it eh...:pac:
    I've been meaning to ask you actually!
    What is your avatar from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maybe

You've been on boards at least two and a half years and you're asking this question? :confused:

Larianne wrote: »
    You've been on boards at least two and a half years and you're asking this question? :confused:
    Yup, everyone seems to know each other.
    I've seen pictures where people say things like here's myself and DeVore having a few drinks last weekend.
    I read the Thunderdome from time to time and people know where other users work and things like this. I'm perplexed!
    I can't believe it's 2 + 1/2 years since I joined boards on my birthday in 2010.
    It seems so long yet so short at the same time :eek:

I've been meaning to ask you actually!
    What is your avatar from?

Ah I just Googled "hairy midget dancers" and it popped up dude.
    Larianne wrote: »

Sometimes I feel like someone should be holding Teddy's hand.

Love ya Teddy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If this is in Galway in July (not June) you shall be graced with my presence. I'm barred from 2 nightclubs though, will this be in a pub or what? There are a few good late bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I've seen pictures where people say things like here's myself and DeVore having a few drinks last weekend.
    I read the Thunderdome from time to time and people know where other users work and things like this. I'm perplexed!
    I can't believe it's 2 + 1/2 years since I joined boards on my birthday in 2010.

Well, I could be waaaaay off here....but maybe they get to know each other through.....y'know, beers? :pac:

I'd love to be at this if I'm not in exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If I could make it then it be Limerick or Cork otherwise my first choice be Galway or likely be where i'd choose though should vote for Tralee just too quiet to head out in these days!!

April probably suit me best or early May.

Never been to beers though mind...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

doovdela wrote: »
    If I could make it then it be Limerick or Cork otherwise my first choice be Galway or likely be where i'd choose though should vote for Tralee just too quiet to head out in these days!!

I'd never been to a beers too. Happier more innocent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Maybe

I'd never been to a beers too. Happier more innocent times.

Don't scare the newbies off :/

I've been to a few beers now and I can honestly say I've had a brilliant time at each one. Doesn't matter if you don't know anyone! Sure you can just get pissed and entertain yourself if worst comes to worst :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

doovdela wrote: »

My first beers was an AH one, i was absolutely locked and probably made an ass out of myself. I didnt know anyone heading up to it.

They are grand, i have had a great time at every beers ive gone too. Dont worry about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm on boards nearly three years.....never been to a beers...

Sound like fun though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

If you get banned from a forum you can't go?
    Don't worry, I'm just rattling your cage. It's usually open to all, just be your friendly self and have a good time :)
    Not everyone knows each other at a beers, trust me. I'm more than sure there'll be people at this beers I will not know!

Also, I was on Boards 4 years before my first beers, and back then a beers was 100+ people!!:eek:

Head along to it, have the craic and head on home with some good memories and your kidneys still inside you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I hope it's on before the eighth of June, leaving Ireland for the whole summer then.

I went to the last one but had to leave early and arrived late. I want to be better this time! !

Middle of the summer. Drinking in a beer garden is pleasant.

Potential dates? will we push it right out til June/July or have it earlier?

Mid/late May! Or very early June....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm happier with 4th or 11th May as I should be in galway on one of those I think dont want to do the trip twice in a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

No

Do what I do; sit in the corner alone without introducing yourself and watch everyone else get loaded and make fools out of themselves.

That way you get to see everyone without having to actually interact with or touch any of them.

Actually depending on the date this'll be my first AH Beers. It'll be weird trying to meet the high expectations of the charming, witty, intelligent, handsome, God-like persona I've constructed over the last few years.

Sacramento wrote: »
    Mid/late May! Or very early June....

+1 on this

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I can't do May

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I can't do May

I'm sure she will find someone else.

• Advertisement