Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball: Keeper League (Open to new entrants)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Don't I know it, Mr Inconsistency

NAMA Bama Ramas in a different class, a mile away on top of the league
    Scored 14 runs last night
    My team is decent but how can anyone compete with that??

Tight race for second though and a bye in the playoffs
    That team has Mike Trout and Miggy which makes it almost unfair in a 16 team league. And a good pitching roster, I fully exect Ramas to be t top team goin into t playoffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Coeus wrote: »
    That team has Mike Trout and Miggy which makes it almost unfair in a 16 team league. And a good pitching roster, I fully exect Ramas to be t top team goin into t playoffs...

Fortunately NAMA Rama Bamas are in the non keeper league :P

Although the top team in this league also has Trout :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My mistake, posted about non keeper league in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Is anyone else playing??? My team is leading so I'm reasonably active but other than T's move a couple of days ago there's been nothing in the last weeks...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Is anyone else playing??? My team is leading so I'm reasonably active but other than T's move a couple of days ago there's been nothing in the last weeks...:confused:

Yeah still going, was leading a couple of weeks ago but that was short-lived.
    Only going to get worse for me once Strasburg shuts down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Still playing, finding it hard to pick up any decent players at this stage though and have been crippled by injuries. Was in 2nd place a month or two ago, went on holidays for three weeks and dropped to tenth! Just barely holding on to sixth place now though. How many make the playoffs?

summerskin wrote: »
    Still playing, finding it hard to pick up any decent players at this stage though and have been crippled by injuries. Was in 2nd place a month or two ago, went on holidays for three weeks and dropped to tenth! Just barely holding on to sixth place now though. How many make the playoffs?

It's a roto league, no playoffs.
    Playoffs only for head-to-head leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I'm still playing for sure, still a little unsure as to what quality of players is good enough for this level, am near the bottom (missed the draft) and I also have messed up a lot setting my lineup weekly...

Missing the weekly deadline or simply getting it wrong is where I'm finding the league difficult as well. I started Jurickson Profar this week and then found out he wouldn't be playing at all. I'm not actually sure why I'm winning as I don't think the team is that good to be honest. Only played daily head to head before so the decisions seem much more important here.

FBL.jpg

Congrats to Cloverhill Cavaliers!

Remember for next season, 4 keepers each (lose pick from whichever round they were picked in) and draft will be snake, based on final standings.

• Advertisement

happy enough with 5th, thought i'd be down in 7th or 8th at one point last week.

Hi everyone,

As we approach Spring Training, time to re-boot the Keeper league.

As agreed last year, we will have 4 keepers each.
    You will lose a pick based on the round each player was selected in (this pick will increase each year).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsO5karsgEN6dEV1bnBWenFQMlByS3BjRUtBdm5aVUE&usp=sharing

Link above with list of your draft from last year, and list in column G of what pick you will be giving up to keep that player.
    Basics
    - Keepers have to be selected before draft date (which we will agree later)
    - If you have two guys to keep from same round e.g. both round 9, then you will lose picks in round 9 & 10
    - Free agents you picked up last year, you will lose 25th round pick for this year
    - Trading is allowed in advance of draft, however not for picks at the moment as can't enable this currently

Also, there may be spots in league if everyone doesn't come back, so if there's anyone interested let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gciddy

thanks! Woot to a new year. Thanks for opening up the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

ok i'm in lads definitely. hotballs surely to shine this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

My baseball knowledge is very average but I would be interested in this, if there is a free slot.

I'm back in for this year. hope the draft is kind...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I'll be back this year also, team on the rise hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Back in, know my keepers. Bring on the draft.

Count me in again. Looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

back

• Advertisement

COYW wrote: »
    My baseball knowledge is very average but I would be interested in this, if there is a free slot.

Yeah have a free spot as one guy emailed me saying he was unable to commit this year, PM me your email address and will send you an invite.

You will take over an active roster, and pick your 4 keepers from their team.

Keeper Rule:

Looks like I was a bit ambitious with the keeper rules. Apparently the ESPN site doesn't let you assign compensation for keepers at the moment.

You have 4 keepers each, and then we start a standard snake draft for the rest of the roster.
    So, basically pick your 4 best players to keep.

Explanation here: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/resources/help/faq?name=how-do-keepers-work

Sent out invite to COYW also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Keeper Rule:

Looks like I was a bit ambitious with the keeper rules. Apparently the ESPN site doesn't let you assign compensation for keepers at the moment.

You have 4 keepers each, and then we start a standard snake draft for the rest of the roster.
    So, basically pick your 4 best players to keep.

Explanation here: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/resources/help/faq?name=how-do-keepers-work

Sent out invite to COYW also

Is it working the same as the Boards Yahoo! Keeper League in that the draft will run in reverse to last years finishing positions? Last place gets 1st pick and so on?

8-10 wrote: »
    Is it working the same as the Boards Yahoo! Keeper League in that the draft will run in reverse to last years finishing positions? Last place gets 1st pick and so on?

Yeah exactly

If anyone feels like they have 5 keepers, am open to a 2-for-1 swap.

At the moment have 3 definites and 1 probable keeper, but if I can upgrade to 4 definites with a 2-for-1 from someone would be open to it.

PM me if interested (Exiled Red Sox)

Justin Upton RF
    Jose Reyes SS
    Ryan Zimmerman 3B
    Elvis Andrus SS
    Michael Morse 1B
    Stephen Strasburg SP
    Adam Wainwright SP
    Drew Stubbs CF
    Josh Johnson SP
    Nick Swisher RF
    Danny Espinosa 2B
    Colby Rasmus CF
    Adam Dunn 1B
    Tyler Clippard RP
    Johan Santana SP
    Sean Marshall RP
    Wilin Rosario C
    Kendrys Morales 1B/DH
    Rajai Davis LF/RF
    Dexter Fowler CF
    Carlos Ruiz C
    Scott Diamond SP
    Tommy Milone SP
    Steve Cishek RP
    Chris Capuano SP
    Greg Holland RP

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Any spots open in this?? Have been playing fb for a few years and love the espn version..

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Any spots open in this?? Have been playing fb for a few years and love the espn version..

Hey man,

Yeah have a place for you, PM me your email address and will send out the invite.
    Welcome aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Signed up and looking forward to the draft!!

Have created a poll for the draft, so we can try and get a time that suits the most amount of people.

http://doodle.com/iymn6ihp26mi4vzp

Also:
    - Trading is enabled, including draft picks.
    - Keeper deadline will be 1 hour before the draft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

If there is any spots open I would be interested in playing, if not, please mark me down as a reserve.

Advertisement