Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball: Keeper League (Open to new entrants)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Eireannach wrote: »
    If there is any spots open I would be interested in playing, if not, please mark me down as a reserve.

Yeah we have one spot at the moment, if you PM me your email address I will send on the invite to you

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

A couple of things.

When is the draft? Just need to put it in the diary.

I just voted against that trade. It makes no sense - Reyes is simply not worth Beltre AND Adam Jones. Beltre for Reyes is a fair swap but Jones as well? That's the 30th best player being traded for the 18th and 34th. Am I missing something?

A couple of things.

When is the draft? Just need to put it in the diary.

I just voted against that trade. It makes no sense - Reyes is simply not worth Beltre AND Adam Jones. Beltre for Reyes is a fair swap but Jones as well? That's the 30th best player being traded for the 18th and 34th. Am I missing something?
    Draft will be decided once get the votes in

Re the trade, you can only keep 4 players so no point in having 5 guys worth keeping. He had 5 keeper worthy guys so one would have been wasted, and really wanted Reyes, and that's the trade we agreed to, plus he moves up a few spots in the draft as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gciddy

Quick Question re: Keepers

If I only keep 3 players will I get a draft pick in the first four rounds in return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

gciddy wrote: »

If I only keep 3 players will I get a draft pick in the first four rounds in return?

Also, at what point do we select the players we want to keep from our roster. I presume the rest of our squad in dropped then at draft time?

• Advertisement

Hey lads, am away on hols this week so sorry for delay.
    gciddy wrote: »

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/resources/help/faq?name=what-if-i-as-a-team-manager-choose-not-to-keep-the-maximum-number-of-players-allowed-in-my-keeper-league
    COYW wrote: »
    Also, at what point do we select the players we want to keep from our roster. I presume the rest of our squad in dropped then at draft time?

Keepers have to be selected before the draft, think deadline is one hour before. But would do it at least couple of days in advance just to be sure.

Rest of squad goes into the draft pool at draft time

Saved my keepers there. Any idea on a draft date?

Draft poll still open, only have 8 results in so far. Currently looking like either Monday 25th (21:00) or Tuesday 26th (21:00)

http://doodle.com/iymn6ihp26mi4vzp

Also, have had one drop out so there is still one space left up for grabs.
    Last year's third pace team, Ballinlough Bottlers.

If we don't find a taker two days before the draft, will delete the team so their players will all go into draft pool.

Draft poll still open, only have 8 results in so far. Currently looking like either Monday 25th (21:00) or Tuesday 26th (21:00)

http://doodle.com/iymn6ihp26mi4vzp

11 results in now, same two times still leading.
    To give everyone fair chance for prep etc. in advance of the draft I will close the poll tomorrow at 18:00 and then update draft time on the website and send message to everyone to inform of draft time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Also, have had one drop out so there is still one space left up for grabs.
    Last year's third pace team, Ballinlough Bottlers.

If we don't find a taker two days before the draft, will delete the team so their players will all go into draft pool.

I´ll take that place if it's still available.

fisgon wrote: »
    I´ll take that place if it's still available.

Invite sent, welcome.

Looks like draft will now be Tuesday at 21:00, now that votes are in

Have set it on league (17:00 EST) and everyone should have gotten email from ESPN

First trade agreed, pleasure doing business with you Emerald Lynch

Chris Davis & Justin Masterson
    for
    Rajai Davis & Dan Haren

Also, put up trade block, worthwhile for anyone looking to improve their roster

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Pleasure Rob

ESPN's post-draft predictions.

We all saw how that worked out last year but interesting nonetheless.

untitled.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Hey guys, just in case anyone was getting worried, I've had a mad week so the lineup was wrong this week but all is good now...back to normal.

First trade agreed, pleasure doing business with you Emerald Lynch

Chris Davis & Justin Masterson
    for
    Rajai Davis & Dan Haren

Also, put up trade block, worthwhile for anyone looking to improve their roster

Hmmmm, this not looking so good early doors.
    Chris Davis is absolutely raking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

hi all, i just accidentally accepted a trade from Rebel Army (Prado for Bradley Jr.) is there any way i can cancel the trade? Hit wrong button on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Don't think so. You can ask him to trade back when it goes through or get players to veto the trade.

summerskin wrote: »
    hi all, i just accidentally accepted a trade from Rebel Army (Prado for Bradley Jr.) is there any way i can cancel the trade? Hit wrong button on my phone

Received a private message about this straight after trade went through so am happy to do it. Honest mistake

• Advertisement

Masked Man wrote: »
    Don't think so. You can ask him to trade back when it goes through or get players to veto the trade.

Just saw this after posted my message and vetoed trade.
    If people have a problem with vetoing trade let me know, can take a vote on it.

I believe it's an honest mistake, and league is for fun which is why I agreed to do it. But if people think he should just suck it up due to his own mistake then can understand that point of view too.

I believe it's an honest mistake, and league is for fun which is why I agreed to do it. But if people think he should just suck it up due to his own mistake then can understand that point of view too.

I am happy with the veto. We all make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Just saw this after posted my message and vetoed trade.
    If people have a problem with vetoing trade let me know, can take a vote on it.

I'm grand with vetoing it, seems like an honest mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

COYW wrote: »
    I am happy with the veto. We all make mistakes.

same thoughts from me

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Yeah genuine error so no problem with league manager using the veto

Zack Greinke injured (broken collarbone) in stupid mound charge, and doesn't even get the win.
    Head-wrecking

Anyone up for increasing the number of DL slots?

Heard a lot of leagues have a few or unlimited DL slots

Anyone up for increasing the number of DL slots?

Heard a lot of leagues have a few or unlimited DL slots

Can't say no to that. I have 3 batters and 1 pitcher eligible for my slot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Carlos Ruiz goes on the DL on Monday afternoon. Get home to find the team locked for the week as there was early games. Evan Gattis on the bench. What does he do? Home run Tuesday, Grand slam Wednesday. Oh well.

The Cavaliers struggling to defend the title this year. It doesn't help when you miss the draft as your plane develops a mechanical fault and has to make an emergency landing at Charles DeGaulle. Admittedly the draft wasn't foremost in my mind during the event but it's repercussions are now being felt throughout the baseball season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

The Cavaliers struggling to defend the title this year. It doesn't help when you miss the draft as your plane develops a mechanical fault and has to make an emergency landing at Charles DeGaulle. Admittedly the draft wasn't foremost in my mind during the event but it's repercussions are now being felt throughout the baseball season.

I made the draft, and have been floating between 12th and 14th all season. Making the draft is overrated :)

Advertisement