Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Baseball: Keeper League (Open to new entrants)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

summerskin wrote: »
    reasonably happy with my team, even though i missed the live draft due to work. a couple of trades to be made, and i'll be even happier.

Throw up the trade block and see what's there. Have put mine up already, just in case.

EDIT: Ha, just looking at my team, had no idea Vogelsong was 34 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Throw up the trade block and see what's there. Have put mine up already, just in case.

EDIT: Ha, just looking at my team, had no idea Vogelsong was 34 years old!

I feel stupid but where is the trade block?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

When you're on the my team page. Its auto set to roster just look along and you'll see options like add drop etc and there is the trade block option further to the right

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Iang87 wrote: »

I also have a thing where I'm not a bigbfan of pitchers from the AL east, cos of the yankees, rays and sox but I believe that rule has been broken thanks to auto draft

think for me it's because i would watch the AL East the most (and am a Sox fan) so probably over value them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I picked up Bryce Harper earlier than I planned. I was struggling to find what I thought was value and ended up with Harper, Miller and now Teheran so i have loads of prospects but not sure how the keeper aspect with fit into the league. I haven't played ESPN before and it seems you have to play a lot of your squad with little space to store bench players. Still, hopefully it'll be a n active league. Must review everyone's trading blocks now....

• Advertisement

I picked up Bryce Harper earlier than I planned. I was struggling to find what I thought was value and ended up with Harper, Miller and now Teheran so i have loads of prospects but not sure how the keeper aspect with fit into the league. I haven't played ESPN before and it seems you have to play a lot of your squad with little space to store bench players. Still, hopefully it'll be a n active league. Must review everyone's trading blocks now....

Yeah, the idea behind 3 bench spots is that you have guys on your roster that you are using actively during the year and not stashing guys away. In a deep league like this having a good bench can be pretty important.
    If you can manage to keep those prospects on your bench all year (or until they come up), you'll have the basis of a good team in 2013 or 2014 though.

Hey guys,

Think I mentioned before that there would be an ESPN fantasy baseball app, the 2012 one doesn't seem to have been released yet, not sure when it will be.

In the meantime, I am using one called Fantasy Monster. You can sign in to your ESPN fantasy teams and yahoo teams too. Worth a look if you want to manage on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gciddy

Hi All,

Those league projections are pretty interesting! I'm 'okay' with my team at the moment although I have a few low batting average/high hr players that could cause me a lot of grief this year (Goldschmidt, Kelly Johnson, Mark Reynolds, and Belt). I also managed to grab Verlander who isn't shabby. I have updated my trading block and put Verlander on it. I would be interested in a high average equal value batter in return if there is any interest in this former MVP?

G'luck this year, all!

G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i liked my pitching staff a whole lot more before 2 of my closers have to get tommy john surgery. 2 like for **** sake

Iang87 wrote: »
    i liked my pitching staff a whole lot more before 2 of my closers have to get tommy john surgery. 2 like for **** sake

Yeah that is unlucky man, thanks for the temporary trade offer including Soria though!
    Had picked up Broxton as possibility for KC closer role but looks like it'll be Holland or Crow. Just have to hope that my pickup of Sean Marshall works out as CIN closer now.

• Advertisement

ESPN Fantasy Baseball App is finally out!

For Android and iPhone so have a look to manage your team.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/espn-fantasy-baseball-2012/id413111438?ls=1&mt=8
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.espn.espnfantasybaseball

Just noticed the trophies available to win (wooden spoon, silver slugger etc.) will be nice to look at as the league progresses into future years :)

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Just noticed the trophies available to win (wooden spoon, silver slugger etc.) will be nice to look at as the league progresses into future years :)

Thought I'd put something in there to keep it interesting if you're not chasing first place overall. If anyone has any ideas for other trophies, put them up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

3 pitchers DL eligible :(

Masked Man wrote: »
    3 pitchers DL eligible :(

Wow that is harsh man. Unlucky start to the season. Who knows how long Carpenter is out, and when Oswalt signs with a team.

In related news, if you're looking for a starting pitcher I have Chad Billingsley and Bud Norris available.

Wow that is harsh man. Unlucky start to the season. Who knows how long Carpenter is out, and when Oswalt signs with a team.

In related news, if you're looking for a starting pitcher I have Chad Billingsley and Bud Norris available.

I'm going to need a bit of time to think about it. This is my first season and it's a lot more confusing than i thought it would be.

All my pitchers available via trade (except Strasburg, off to a flyer! Which is more than I can say for Josh Johnson).

Looking for an upgrade at Catcher or one of the OF positions.

Would do a 2-for-1, positon player and pitcher for a position player if anyone's interested:

Adam Wainwright
    Josh Johnson
    Brandon Morrow
    Tyler Clippard
    Jonny Venters
    Jonathon Niese
    Johan Santana
    Matt Capps
    Bud Norris
    Chad Billingsley
    Sean Marshall

First trade of the league is consumated.

GCiddy's Biddies send Mark Reynolds to the Exiled Red Sox in exchange for Brandon Morrow.

Good job to the lads who picked up Harper and Trout.

Don't know what to do with my team, invested most of my high draft picks in my offense only to see it sink to the bottom of the standings. Michael Morse and Ryan Zimmerman on the DL, Jose Reyes, Justin Upton, Kevin Youkilis, and more... all been underwhelming.
    Not to mention Josh Johnson and Adam Wainwright.

Could've done with picking up some young guys to keep cheaply for next year. Only May, but looks unlikely I'll contend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

rivera gone for the year, in fact probably forever, and Sandoval out for 4-6 weeks, not a great day for my team. some roster juggling to be done, i think.

Anyone up for a trade? Need some SBs.

• Advertisement

I'm really struggling in this league, find it so hard to select the team for the week (and my draft wasn't great either) - in the non keeper I'm able to quickly cover up mistakes day to day and bring in spot starters or more relievers as the match up goes on. Still learning in the weekly league

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I've been lucky so far. Plus, Kemp is a monster.
    Injuries should start to catch up with me now though, I've got Crawford on the 60-day DL, 3 more on the 15-day and two who are day-to-day at the moment.

Injuries have hit me hard too. Have Youkilis, Morse and now Mark Reynolds on the DL.

League is so deep it's not easy to find good replacements, especially with batters.

Thankfully managed to pick up Will Middlebrooks to cover Youk in the short-term.

Josh Johnson and Adam Wainwright killing my pitching!

Like the Red Sox, I have Youkilis and Middlebrooks and am open to trading either of them.

Also willing to trade majority of my hitting for elite pitching if anyone wants to suggest something...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Picked up Alfonso Soriano to try and give my batting a boost. Its shocking atm. Really need Josh Hamilton to come back from his illness and start hitting the ball out of the park again.

If I have two keepers who were both drafted in the second round, what's the deal for giving up picks?

Masked Man wrote: »
    If I have two keepers who were both drafted in the second round, what's the deal for giving up picks?
    Would forfeit a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick.

Also, if someone keeps a free agent you would forfeit your last round pick

Updated Trade Block (Exiled Red Sox)

Big changes:
    1B Adam Dunn (2nd in the majors with 25 HR)
    SP Stephen Strasburg

Looking for help at 2B, OF, or SP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Damn Ubaldo 30.86 ERA :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

messed up

Advertisement