Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Twink

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"wearing a gorgeous tiny black dress, a long fox fur coat and f***-me shoes"

:confused:

What has been imagined cannot be unimagined :mad:

PS can anyone tell me what "f***-me SHOES" are............... F**^ Me SHOES??????!!!!!!
    Is this the new thing now?
    wasn't that her skiing trip? Why would you even pack a fur coat going skiing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

PS can anyone tell me what "f***-me SHOES" are............... F**^ Me SHOES??????!!!!!!
    Is this the new thing now?
    It's supposed to be fcuk me boots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

she should act her age!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

she should act her age!

Instead of her f*** me shoe size.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

darkdubh wrote: »
    Horrible woman,never liked her.The Late Late appeareance has to be her lowest point though.

She really is the pits. Gotten steadily worse. Like so many older celebs, they just cannot throw their hat at it. Addicted to the limelight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

vile woman.. time for her to crawl back into her grave and stay out of public eye

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

walshb wrote: »
    She really is the pits. Gotten steadily worse. Like so many older celebs, they just cannot throw their hat at it. Addicted to the limelight.

I thought that was my imagination...Was she actually on the late late showing of icing on cakes????? or was that some weird dream i had

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dynamo Roller1

havetoquit wrote: »
    Yes, these are indeed wretched smutty verbals etc and not the sort of thing I enjoy. I cannot imagine that anyone else would gain much pleasure from it either, but let's be honest, this vile chatter was from a very angry, disturbed person aimed at her ex husband and was not meant for public airing.

If we are honest, I guess we would have to admit that she is not the only one who has hurled this kind of abuse down the phone or in person, if in a particularly bad state of mind, no matter how horrid it is.

Please do not misinterpret that I am trying to justify or condone this woman whom I do not know in any way, but I just feel that spouting vile words about her is somehow almost as dysfunctional as her behavior.

I guess if anything happened to her tomorrow God forbid, there would be many who would remember her for the good deeds she may have done, or maybe just that she made them laugh, whatever.

Does it make us feel better or can it be good for us as individuals to be so abusive about someone we do not know personally?

She has to live with herself and deal with any lies she has told or hurt or embarrassment she may have caused to others.

She comes across as someone who is a little unbalanced and perhaps her background, upbringing etc has contributed to the person she became.

I prefer to see people like that as being unfortunate and count myself lucky that I am not consumed with that kind of anger, desperation, or need for attention. When she said she had considered suicide, I honestly could not see her as anything, but someone who must have felt incredibly desperate, depressed, alone and worthless. No human being deserves to feel that way, regardless.

Has anyone considered that this woman or her daughters may well be subscribers to this board and how reading horrid comments could impact upon them?

It is so easy to write anonymously and even if the words are not written with the intent to hurt, they can badly affect the reader, depending on their stability.

^^^ TWINK^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A venerable auld bird, I'd respect her in some ways, she's the classic case of a stage 'star' (I use the term loosely) who couldn't let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Johnny31 wrote: »
    vile woman.. time for her to crawl back into her grave...
    I lol'd at this post. The irony!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

A venerable auld bird, I'd respect her in some ways, she's the classic case of a stage 'star' (I use the term loosely) who couldn't let go.

I know what you mean, and I agree to a point- that whole idea of your old school theatre diva, you can almost imagine the type sitting around a dressing room doing her make up waiting for curtain call.

But the difference between that type and Twink is that there was almost an enigma about the former. Twink has no class, no subtlety, no sense of dignity or decorum. And no sense of shame or sense of what's appropriate to share. I think it's a very attractive trait in someone if they carry their life out in a dignified and personal way. I don't see why it's necessary for her to share so much of herself with us- there are people who are world famous who don't feel the need to share half as much as Twink does. Maybe it makes her life sound more exciting than it really is, I dunno. Mostly though, I think she just craves attention, and is willing to pretty much say anything in order to get it. She bugs me, but mostly I just pity her.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMI6ck_nbL4

can someone explain why this is funny/bad?:confused: wheel of cheese?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's a King cringe classic, the comments under the video say it all ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

What I can't understand is why 24,000 people would view this....... I know I know I'm after viewing it but in fairness I was prompted o do so

• If ye want a good laugh, read this! Delusional or what!

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/theres-no-secret-i-just-ate-less-four-stone-lighter-twink-is-a-new-woman-30282714.html

DONAL LYNCH – UPDATED 18 MAY 2014 07:50 AM

Given her financial troubles over the years Irish entertainment legend Adele King, aka Twink, would seem to have had a surplus of stress to work with but still her transformation has been truly astonishing. Four stone and two pounds lighter, she is now a new woman. A tiny new woman.

So how did she do it? "Really there's no great secret to it," she tells me – ironically on a break from filming one of her cake decoration classes.

"My father was a great horseman and Sligoman and he used to say to me about diet, 'you get the nose out of the nosebag'. But it's any version of the adage you like. Push back from the table. Buy yourself a smaller plate. Basically, just eat less."

Six year ago, Adele looked quite different. One commentator described her looking on the Late Late Show as "tired, plumper" and "not well".

The true story was rather more complex.

"The basic skeleton of the story is I had started to put that late middle-aged weight on," Adele tells me.

"The pounds slipped into half a stone. And it was almost like, 'Ah sure the other stone is a good next door neighbour for the first stone'.

"I had a desperate fall last year", she adds. "I fell into this manhole – it was extremely dangerous. I was severely injured – both my hands and legs. And there I was sitting at home having a pity party myself. I was looking at my hands, thinking I might never walk again. So I'll just have a meal and a glass of wine. In October, my producer Robert P Kelly was standing in the kitchen and he reminded me that the costumes were coming in from Berman's and Nathan's. The rule with them is 'you fit the frock.' But the frock is not touchable because it's thousands of pounds worth of bone and lace. To me they looked like these costumes wouldn't fit an anorexic cat. And so I was heading back upstairs with my large supper and wine.

"I thought: 'I'm starting tomorrow.' And then I just said: 'No. I'm starting tonight.' I put the food back in the fridge and that was where it all began. It clicked something in my head. I'm the biggest slob when it comes to putting on the weight but when it comes to taking it off, I do it with equal determination. I'm like Alexander The Great. There is no deviation."

She didn't work out, she says, but thanks to "muscle memory" she is now very toned.

Given her famous skill at decorating cakes and her love of food generally, exercising such heroic willpower must have been particularly difficult for Adele.

"I am a great cook", she tells me matter-of-factly. "I love good wine. I look at it and admire it but I haven't eaten what I call actual food since October. I haven't really been working out. I haven't had a lot of time."

Adele's two daughters Chloe and Naomi have also lost weight – and Adele says all three of them are now eight stone. "I didn't do it for them or anyone else," she tells me. "I did it because I hated how I felt. It wasn't as much even the visual thing of how I looked. It was how I felt on the inside. I felt it wasn't fair to my public who pay to see me. I did it with the usual gusto I take things on with."

Weight has always been a sore point for Twink. "My dilemma was that I was the chubby one, whereas the other two were enviably thin and so I would freak at some of the skin-tight outfits they suggested," she once wrote of her time in girl group Maxi, Dick and Twink. "Granted I was seen as the most multi-talented of the group but when you're 15-years-old and in a girl band, who wouldn't want to be the thin, beautiful one." Dick would taunt her about road signs: "Oh look maximum weight, 250 tonnes. You'd better get out now Twinkles."

Such taunts must seem very distant now. "I haven't a stitch to wear." Adele tells me. "Beautiful clothes were given to me over the years which never fitted me, now they fit me. But when you're the right size, a bin bag looks good on you."

What about keeping the weight off – something so many women struggle with? "I have a wonderful lifelong friend in another country who just did AA – she says one day at a time – I really think that applies to food. At my age it seems like an awful lot of huff and puff and bother to put it all on and lose it all again."

Twink laughs and gives a flash of that famous wit: "When the time comes, it will be cheaper to get a smaller box with brass handles."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What's delusional about it?

She lost a load of weight and feels good about herself.

Good for her.

Advertisement