Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twink

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Fuinseog wrote: »

did anyone say a prayer for her when she was in danger of losing her mansion?
    what was the problem anyway. does she not have a job that could pay the bills and mortgage? she really must believe she has the common touch.
    I was amazed to see that her daughter apparently is a member of some well known and successful singing troupe...could she not bail Mammy out? After all Mammy has done for her darling's career?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I was amazed to see that her daughter apparently is a member of some well known and successful singing troupe...could she not bail Mammy out? After all Mammy has done for her darling's career?

the billy barry school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

She's a member of Celtic Woman, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Degsy wrote: »
    Late Late show has been a cringefest since Gaybo left..tubridy is an asinine clown,sucking up to guests and asking imbecilic questions.

plus 1.....tubridy is a clown. Embarassing stuff.....back to twink.....re her book, all comes across as a vengefest. She took her husband back but by god shes twisting the sword. Yeap, he was a pitiful man hooring around but hes certainly paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erniedaman

In todays Sunday Indo,Twink claimed a female RTE personality came on to her.
    Is Twink trying to sell a book or is there some other publicity she needs?
    Now the tongues will start wagging as to who this personality is.
    My money is on a newsreader.
    Any other suggestions?;)

MOD NOTE: Per the charter do not name names, or hint at such.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

herself???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Twink needs to just go away. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Suspect last seen leaving the area wearing sunglasses, carrying a white stick and being led by a light coloured labrador who was wearing a hi-viz dog jacket...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Probably not the recipient of this voice male.

Any excuse to post this :-)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We really don't need 2 Twink threads.

Merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

xzanti wrote: »
    We really don't need 2 Twink threads.

Merged.

Even one is too much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

erniedaman wrote: »
    In todays Sunday Indo,Twink claimed a female RTE personality came on to her.
    My money is on a newsreader.
    Any other suggestions?;)

MOD NOTE: Per the charter do not name names, or hint at such.

yes, my first thought was a newsreader person also

as a panto star, i dont think twink would get too much interest from the more classically trained actors (eg people who appear regularly in the Irish soaps) but a newsreader may well fancy her , since they would be from different orbits within the RTE multiverse so no tempermental creative conflicts there.. It's just how i imagine the politics and sexual tensions might work within rte

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I'd imagine there's tons of Butch carpet in RTE with big grabby hands for twink....cesspot of lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

What makes her think anyone would want to read her life story:D:eek::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

I remember watching a play at the then Point Depot and Twink, Late Gerry Ryan and OTT were in it, oh and Barney too, anyway cousin's mate was on it and he got us backstage to meet the various acts etc.. met with Twink and she wore one of those knitted tops (old style ones that holes are big enough to see what's underneath) I could see she wasn't wearing any bra made it so obvious.

maybe someone wanted to feel mellons and felt the wrong ones:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

barney4001 wrote: »
    What makes her think anyone would want to read her life story:D:eek::pac::pac::pac:

yeah, the mind boggles

apparently she has some fans out there (even not counting the ones who want to knock down cubicle doors to get at her)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Madbod wrote: »

yes, my first thought was a newsreader person also

as a panto star, i dont think twink would get too much interest from the more classically trained actors (eg people who appear regularly in the Irish soaps) but a newsreader may well fancy her , since they would be from different orbits within the RTE multiverse so no tempermental creative conflicts there.. It's just how i imagine the politics and sexual tensions might work within rte

i thought he left or got the sack after his mental breakdown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

That woman has some serious mental problems. Bi-polar disorder methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

newmug wrote: »
    That woman has some serious mental problems. Bi-polar disorder methinks.
    No I think she's just a weapon of the highest order.

I'd be beyond mortified if I was her kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Have to say I found some of her revelations cringe worthy.

Having said that, this could be due to my own inability to have the necessary insight to realize that she may have done so genuinely thinking that it could help others and who am I to judge her, if so.

I think it unfortunate that she was unable to articulate her past suicidal tendencies without having to include such very private details regarding her girls, which must surely have been difficult for them to watch, not to speak of how it would also force them back to a period in their mother's life which they would most likely prefer to leave in the past. Perhaps not. I don't know them or how prepared they were for such revelations.

She does come across as someone who has had a hard time and it shows, so regardless of her level of ability as an actress or an author for that matter I am sure that like everyone else, she does have a side to her, which because of how she projects herself publicly, we are unlikely to see.

• Advertisement

Perhaps and if so, then she deserves our compassion and understanding.

I am amazed that when the guests are in rehearsal with the host before the show, that it would not be suggested that certain topics be treated with more sensitivity, or even omitted. Obviously not in this case.

Someone obviously believes that the viewing public want to hear such revelations regarding the private lives of others, so hungry is their appetite for such stories. Many would call this intrusive or even a type of voyeurism, so I guess it takes all kinds and all kinds are being catered for it seems.

We need more interesting subjects on the show, but it seems that money is an issue here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Yes! ha, that must be it!

Why do we have to have the same people on that show? They are dragged back, plugging their books, next show, series, or whatever.

I switch on basically to see the guests that come on in the last hour or so as they are thankfully usually interesting with a topic which is relevant.

A perfect case in point is the young man who discussed his condition with such clarity. He was indeed a worthy guest.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

barney4001 wrote: »

Not many do. According to the radio this morning a grand total of 167 copies of her book have been sold.

She was old back here...she must be pushing 75 now?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z5c0cnq7g8&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

RustyNut wrote: »
    Probably not the recipient of this voice male.

Any excuse to post this :-)

Had only read about this but hadn't heard it till now, what a horrible vile nasty person. How can she repeatedly call an innocent child that.

Nasty piece of work, and RTE keep plugging her, time to cut the cord I think.

Nasty piece of work, and RTE keep plugging her, time to cut the cord I think.
    More likely wrap it tightly round her neck

Bearcat wrote: »
    Yeap, he was a pitiful man hooring around

Ah here, if you were married to that wagon you'd be spreading yourself around a bit and all. Merciful Jesus I wouldn't ride her into battle, but imagine the man waking up next to her every morning. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She was old back here...she must be pushing 75 now?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z5c0cnq7g8&feature=related

Honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I twink she was sometwink of a famous personality a wong time ago, but she's had a lot of strife and combat with vawious people awong the way and now she's weduced to doing pantomime in Limewick. Sad, really. I hope I never end up like that.

Advertisement