Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

anyone give me a detailed question 4 and 5? please??? and maybe even 6?:confused::confused::confused:

Have you searched the thread? There are some very detailed responses here and here. If you want the questions written out word for word you may as well not sit the exam. You've been given enough information there to study those topics and do well.

BIGben2013 wrote: »
    Well I am in desperate need of some hints for Ag science and construction studies... can anyone one help :)

How has your search of the thread gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BIGben2013

How has your search of the thread gone?

Not Good

BIGben2013 wrote: »
    Not Good

Construction:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83006276
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82964831
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82959462

Ag science:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83002621

Learn how to search the thread please.
    mikey1007 wrote: »
    is there any spoilers in terms of what poets and stuff came up in english paper 2

There are loads. Search the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blahdiblahblah

do we have to write 2 essays on ireland and one on Europe and the wider world , or vice versa , debs
    Yes,your teacher will have covered two Irish topics and one from outside Ireland. You pick one question from each Irish topic and one from the non irish

• Advertisement

farmerman wrote: »
    has anyone got any hints for HL maths or ag science?? all help would be greatly apreciated :)
    Anybody have spoilers for French HL DEBS?The opinion questions ect?

Search the thread, I have seen ALL of these mentioned before. Have you even tried to look through the thread or do you think people will re-post what they have already posted a few pages back just for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

Miss.Anon wrote: »
    Biology Hl DEBS anyone, exam tues.... Please (:

Biology HL DEBS

Short Questions:
    One was on ecology- be able to draw a pyramid of numbers. Why are pyramids of numbers good? What is the limitation of them?
    One was on nervous system
    One was state 2 differences between DNA and RNA.

Experiment Questions:
    Name two limitations when it comes to using the scientific method
    There was also two questions on the heart. One was like, which part of the four chambers had the thickest walls and the other was why did you cut part of the heart thinly?

Photosynthesis - Light intensity/carbon dioxide exp.
    Draw the graph and be able to label the axis.
    What plant did you use?
    Why did you use an aquatic plant instead of a land plant.

Immobilisation of Enzymes
    What is mean't by immobilisation of an enzyme.
    The exp was INVESTIGATING immobilization of an enzyme.
    Why did you use sodium alginate and calcium chloride?
    Why did you wash the beads first?
    Name a factor that had to be maintained constant.
    How did you maintain it.

Long Questions:
    Viruses! What is mean't by immunity.
    Reproductive system. Be able to draw and label parts of the female reproductive system. The next question was on your diagram point arrows to were 1. egg fertilisation occurs 2. implantation occurs 3. egg production occurs. Also, it was something like (can't completely remember but, what was the hormones progestogen and oestrogen got to do with reproducing. You also had to briefly outline what events occur from the time of fertilisation to implantation.

There was another long question on respiration. You have to write the chemical equation for respiration. What is the function of respiration. What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic respiration. Also, they asked something on the acetyl CoA.

The ecology question was lovely! What is mean't by pollution and conservation. Outline the effects of pollution from either agricultural OR industrial. There was reading about some plant over in Florida causing damage so they sent insects on it to help the problem out. What was the disadvantage and advantage of using these insects. What is mean't my competition. Using a biological key. Know what plant you used in ecology trip.

Another long question was evolution. I only remember wee bits on this.
    What is evolution? What is variation? Name one of the scientists involved in discovering this.

Long question on plant transportation. Can't really remember it because we didn't do that.

Blood was a long questions. What is the composition of plasma?
    Outline three functions of the liver.

Bones: how do bones grow?
    Give two functions OTHER THAN support for the function of a skeleton.
    Possible symptoms/effects/how to resolve it on either osteoporosis or arthritis

Question - does the 'search' button just magically NOT appear for some of you people? Like, seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

History Examcraft HL:

Only one person so far has posted about examcraft HL history, can anybody add to/confirm:
    Propaganda Mussolini/Hitler
    Sunningdale
    Anglo-Irish Treaty
    And Katanga for the documents

Dictatorship & Democracy and Northern Ireland are the two sections I'm really worried about, and I know I shouldn't post requests I'm sorry, I have the exam tomorrow alongside HL buisness and will post spoilers for both once I'm done

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

IrishBarbz wrote: »
    DEBS Geography HL
    Is the earthquake question on plate tectonics or is it a case study??

DEBS Geography HL
    well as it says with references to examples you have studied, that means you must talk about a named earthquake...so yes the case study and talk about what occured

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShaunaMoll

I have basically posted the whole Art history HL DEB paper, here are the last few questions:
    Section 2 questions:

Renaissance: Paolo Uccello is credited with deneloping the art of prespective in Florence during the early renaissance. Discuss this statement with reference to his painting ''The Battle of San Romano''. Name and briefly discuss one other work by uccello or by another artist from this period.

Describe and discuss school of athens by Raphael. Make reference to the subject matter, composition, depiction of space and treatment of the human figure and name and briefly describe one other work by Raphael or by another artist from the high renaissance

The ecstasy of sait teresa by gianlorenzo bernini which is a characteristic of the theatrical style of Baroque scultpure. Describe and discuss this sculpture, making detailed reference to its subject matter, treatment of the human form, composition and the handling of materials. Name and briefly discuss one other work by Bernini.

Edgar Degas combined unusual compositions and an interest in different media to create work which sets him apart from other 19th century artists. Discuss statement with detailed reference to his painting ''Two bellet dancers in a dressing room''. Name and briefly describe one other work by Degas.

Answer a, b and c
    a) choose and name a work that fits into one of the following categories:
    a portrait of a couple
    a work by masaccio
    a building by leon battista alberti
    a painting by henri matisse.

b) Discuss work chosen in detail refering to the artist/architect, to style, composition/design, materials, technique and the period in which it was produced.

c) Name and briefly describe and discuss one other work by the artist/architect you have chosen.

Describe in detail the main characteristics of one of the following
    Die Brucke
    Cubism
    Pointillism
    Expressionism

and describe and discuss one named work by an artist whose work was typical of the style or movement you have chosen.

Seriously search the thread because the whole paper is now up. There are no excuses for anyone to be cluttering up this thread asking for art history DEB spoliers! SEARCH THE THREAD!!!

• Advertisement

mscool wrote: »
    Feel free to delete this mod, have you seen anything on ag science examcraft in the thread? Have searched and searched, but maybe im missing it..thanks anyway ! And thanks for all the work ye have done on this thread !

I've done a search as well and there's very little on Ag Science unfortunately. It seems to be an exam that people don't have until near the end. Thank you for searching the thread properly, and good luck with your exam...remember its only the mocks ;)
    farmerman wrote: »
    has anyone got any hints for HL maths or ag science?? all help would be greatly apreciated :)

I've answered a few times today about ag science. You can look back through my posts if you don't feel like searching the whole thread.

Here are the search results for Maths. You don't have to go into each post to find out if it is relevant, the first line should tell you if its HL/OL, DEB/Examcraft.
    Anybody have spoilers for French HL DEBS?The opinion questions ect?

24 search results for French here.
    powpow95 wrote: »
    Please help i've my OL history exam tomorrow and im literally F*cked for it . Does anybody have anything on it ? its debs. Please Please help !!! :(

Some History DEB here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82950135
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82984606
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82984297
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82972491

Its not specified if they're HL or OL but they're the only DEB History put up.
    Checked the thread and I'm absolutely certain nothing has been posted on Examcraft Construction, Accounting or Engineering... Would appreciate if someone did :)

Doesn't seem to be anything on EC Construction or Engineering.
    Accounting: This is all I can find.
    Again, it looks like these subjects are held near the end of the exam periods.
    wazzaroon wrote: »
    Any one got anything for construction? Have it tomorrow

You've asked a few times and no one has responded, I assume because not many people have sat it yet. Might be time to just study it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kayleightalks

Economics:

Can anybody tell me which economics paper
    imperfect competition and taxation came up on
    is it examcraft or DEB? :)- Suggested by later posters to be Examcraft - Mod

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6 minniemouse95

Music:
    barry q 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrsNovember

Lads, this thread is a little bit messy. And therefore (partly due to my own need, partly because I'm too busy not studying) I'm trying to organize everything into a spreadsheet. If it's not up tonight, it'll definitely be up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Free2be

Art:

Can anyone tell me if the art paper that had the
    craft puppet with the nutty professor
    on it was exam craft or debs? - Suggested by later posters to be Examcraft - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laura212

kate95.. wrote: »
    Will someone urgently tell me if you did higher level irish paper with the
    aiste good and bad of the education system
    ..please tell me what poems and prose and an trial q came up?

Irish HL:

The poem was Spoiler:
    Mo ghra-sa (you have to know about the poet, the effect of the brackets and why it isnt like the old love poems)

The pros was
    oisin i dtir na nog, how it is a bealoidis story

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Music:
    barry q 1

Music DEB:

Edit: Have just been informed that all my stuff is DEB, which means that if the quoted tip is true then it's for Examcraft or other.

Our teacher has said that
    Barry is not Q1 on ours, so if you know whether yours is DEB or Examcraft then mine is (probably) the opposite one. He didn't say what would be question one, just that Barry wasn't.

He also said the section that would be examined for Barry was one of the C sections

He also gave us the Irish Music essays, but again I can't confirm whether this is for DEB or Examcraft unless someone can identify them. They are:

Edit: As said above, I have since found out that these are DEB.

Give an account of the Irish harping tradition
    Discuss the growth of the céilí band tradition during the 20th century
    Write an account of three different tradition Irish dance tunes.
    Discuss the use of ornamentation in Irish traditional instrumental and vocal music

I sit that mock on Thursday so I can give more info then if it hasn't already been given.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

He also gave us the Irish Music essays, but again I can't confirm whether this is for DEB or Examcraft unless someone can identify them. They are:
    Give an account of the Irish harping tradition
    Discuss the growth of the céilí band tradition during the 20th century
    Write an account of three different tradition Irish dance tunes.
    Discuss the use of ornamentation in Irish traditional instrumental and vocal music

They are DEB.

Jeongeum wrote: »
    Can someone please help me with ol debs biology i have written before but its getting deleted along with spoliers i have given

None of the posts of yours that I deleted had spoilers in them, they were all asking for biology spoilers. Posts are getting deleted or otherwise you would be trawling through a thread of ~1800 posts instead of the 600 we are at.

Some posts haven't specified if they are talking about HL or OL, maybe have a look at them:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83016346
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82988080
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82986831

• Registered Users Posts: 2 muntermocks

Helloooo wrote: »
    HL Spanish Examcraft:

I'm almost certain this was Examcraft, all my other exams were. There were no barcodes anywhere on the paper though. My aural exam had
    pieces about Shakira and Hudini.
    . Other people on this thread have said the examcraft aural was different though so this may not be Examcraft!

The Carta Formal - I can't remember all the points exactly but it's along these lines.
    You read in a newspaper that some flight routes between Dublin and Spain are being cancelled in the winter. You write a letter to the newspaper telling them:
    -How you feel about this
    -It will be hard for young Spanish and young Irish people living abroad to get home
    -The cost of flights
    -The Irish government should support airline companies
    -It is important that the Irish and Spanish maintain their relationship

The Note
    I didn't do it but it was about wanting to go to a concert with your friend but you had to buy the tickets soon because it was a popular band.

The Diary
    You are organizing a party for your friends and family after the exams. Mention:
    How you feel about this
    You've never organised such a big event before
    What you need to buy for the party
    What you plan to do at the party. There may have been other points but I forget.

The Opinion Question
    'We must care for our enviornment' ('Debemos cuidar nosotros medio ambiente')
    I think the other one was 'We have the right to speak' (It was definetly about rights!)

The Comprehensions
    The first long one was about solving the hunger crisis in Africa.
    The two short ones were about new research on the brain and Madrid have released a new guide book for people with disabilities.
    The last one was about graffiti. The word wall(muralla) may have came up in the translation section as did 'no obstante' and 'riesgo' as far as I can remember.

Hope this helps!

this is DEB....can any one please tell me th proper exam craft spansh paper...i have gone through each page of this thread an nobody has posted anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BEANBAG5

EllieM95 wrote: »
    Biology DEB:
    Q15. Immunity and the Skelton were A and C, there was a question on immobilising yeast and you have to draw a yeast cell, there a question on the structures of flowering plants, a question on the brain, question on the blood, question on food and only the test for a reducing sugar a small bit on that, a question on plants and the way it absorbs nutrients and water and all that
    that's all I can remember right now if I remember anything else ill post it

are you positive this is DEB and not examcraft??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laura212

kate95.. wrote: »
    An trial irish exam craft question? There is no posts

Irish HL:
    how it shows the false christianity in irish society at the time

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lcgirl13

CLocks!17 wrote: »
    I know I have asked before but has anyone done the home ec examcraft paper !!!!

Home Ec Examcraft:
    Zink, cheese production, work and education &special needs. Vitamins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

History Examcraft HL:

Only one person so far has posted about examcraft HL history, can anybody add to/confirm:
    Propaganda Mussolini/Hitler
    Sunningdale
    Anglo-Irish Treaty
    And Katanga for the documents

Dictatorship & Democracy and Northern Ireland are the two sections I'm really worried about, and I know I shouldn't post requests I'm sorry, I have the exam tomorrow alongside HL buisness and will post spoilers for both once I'm done

History Examcraft HL:

yup that it,
    welfare state in ni
    is another one

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ayano emi

hey guys there are the essays for english paper 1 DEB
    1)Their achievements leave me in awe - write and article for you school magazine celebrating the achivements of a person you admire
    2)'what a human body and spirit are capable of'-short story
    3)'i try to smile like im confident it will work'-speach u would give to a group of LC students in which u encourage them to adopt a more postive outlook on life
    4)can rememer this one sorry :|
    5);we both take deep breaths' - short story
    6)'renewed passion for academic challenged and an eagerness to begin college'-personal essay
    7)'i enjoyed connecting with people fromm all obver...'-write and article for popular magazine on the iportance of social networking in young people's lives today
    i hope this will help ;)

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Trying000

Biology Deb higher level: What kind of questions came up in the genetics question have my exam tomorrow only thing i haven't studied :)

Biology DEB HL:

Did mine ages ago but I remember. A bit I it XD
    -distinguish between homozygous and heterozygous

-ur given a lil story so know how to get the kids DNA when u have both parents

-know difference between DNA and RNA and what they're composed of,for eg DNA has thymine but RNA has uracil instead of thymine

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Heres HL History DEB.
    Main issues and outcomes of 1885/1886 elections!
    Land reform and its outcomes
    1913 lockout
    Cultural nationalism with Hyde and or Yeats!

Democracy and Dictatorship
    Internal policies of Stalin and Mussolini!
    How successful Britain and or Germany in dealing with economic social problems during inter war years!
    Technology of warfare!
    The Nuremberg rallies!

The case study was how did the issue of race relations express itself publicly!

Persuit of Soveigntry:
    Main contributions of both delegations Anglo Irish treaty.
    Reasons for 1916 and its political impact..
    Economic policies of c na Gael and Fianna Fáil...
    Cultural developments in ire north and south!

Sovereignty and Partition:
    Spoiler: main contributions of both delegations to the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations between October and December 1921
    reasons for 1916 and its main political impact
    how did economic policies of CnaG and FF differ during the period 1922-1949
    Main cultural developments in Ireland N&S during the period 1912-1949

Political and Social reform:
    Main issues and outcomes which surrounded the elections of 1885 and 1886
    How did the process of land reform develop in Ireland and what were its primary outcomes
    Why was there conflict between employers and workers in Dublin in 1913 and what was the course of their dispute
    Contribution on Douglas Hyde and/or W.B. Yeats to cultural nationalism in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

There's been a real mix up over the HL history, people are posting the same set of spoilers and claiming they're both EC and DEB. Hopefully next week someone can clear it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddy995

LCVP:

Cant remember everything from LCVP exam but there's one question didn't forget :D
    there was a question about your Career investigation and about your work experience . Simple enough questions, it was all pretty much common sense.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kingslea22

Fiona..! wrote: »
    anyone know if published is on both the Debs and Examcraft paper for HL? I've searched thread and found nothing on accounting?

HL DEBS Accounting: has
    Published and Forwards Incomplete as Q6&7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement