Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beccarina

On our Deb English HL paper 1 there was

Spoiler:
    Section 1:TEXT 1 a passage on Jim stynes Question B was write an inspirational speech to 6th years to make the most of their lives
    Text 2: a passage about Orla tinsley and Cystic Fibrosis Question B write a proposal to editor of your news paper on why you want to interview Orla Tinsley
    Text 3:An article by Joseph o connor about his father Question B write two Diary entries by his father about one when he was young and the other when he was a parent with young children

Essays:
    1 Write a personal Essay about times in your life when you had to remain positive
    2 write an opinion piece for magazine entitled "young people have lost their individuality"
    3 write a short story inspired by the phrase "the pain of saying goodbye and moving on"
    4 write a persuasive speech on the issue of freedom of speech in todays world
    5 write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find difficult to understand or accept
    6 Write an article (serious or light hearted) for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives
    7 Write a ghost story in which setting/location plays a significant role

Any spoilers for Paper 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oOG3RRYOo

I have Geography spoilers , i dont know what the company was. Does anyone know what company had the
    ecology question on factors that affect soil??

Geography:

Examcraft I think ... post them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerriann95

will someone tell me whats on the music higher level examcraft please ! terrible stuck !

Music Examcraft HL:
    I'm pretty sure someone already posted about this , your Q1 listening is Barry , the deb papers have Tchaikovsky

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RayRay95

Daisaaay wrote: »
    Spanish spoilers are badly needed, they're the only exam that hasn't been mentioned!

Spanish DEB:
    the theme for the essay is the environment, the diary entry is about you throwing a party and what your afraid will happen and what you will do at the party, the dialog is about your working in a hotel and your talking to your friend about going on holidays afterwards. One of the short comps is on the brain, one of the long ones was on graffiti :)

IrishBarbz wrote: »
    OL ACCOUNTING DEBS !!!

Accounting DEB OL:
    Manufactoring accounts, marginal costing, absorption costing, ratios and cash flow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

English Examcraft paper 2:
    theme of kingship, Macbeths downfall. Unseen poem is The embrace by Mark Doty. Comparative Question is on how theme or issue centralises one of the protagonists. Bishop, Shakespeare, Hopkins and Mahon.

Irish Examcraft Paper 1:
    bad and good of education system

Irish Examcraft paper 2:
    oisin and mo ghra sa

English paper 1 is already up.

Economics Examcraft is already up learn
    Imperfect competition

<snip>

Spanish:

I'm doing the Spanish paper soon we've done the listening already I haven't a clue which manufactured the paper but on the listening there's a piece about
    Harry Houdini!
    If anyone knows the essay title coming up you'd be the biggest legend!!

Spanish DEB:

I had that I think it's DEB
    the essay was on the environment :)
    didn't go near the other one it was too hard.

Daisaaay wrote: »

Thank you! Was this DEB :)?

Spanish DEB:

Yeah I think so :)
    stuff about the weather, Harry Houdini, interview and announcement came up on the listening :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From the first post in the thread, which of course you read as instructed:

Do not post in this thread unless you have a spoiler regarding a paper, along with the level of that paper, the company that issued it and appropriate spoiler tags.

Do not post requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    DEB or Examcraft? Does anyone know?
    It's DEBS

people asking for certain subjects
    go to the top of the page and click on SEARCH THIS THREAD, and put in your subject and paper like
    like for example home ec debs rather than clogging up the thread, because most of the papers have been answered by this stage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

lolno wrote: »
    It's DEBS

people asking for certain subjects
    go to the top of the page and click on SEARCH THIS THREAD, and put in your subject and paper like
    like for example home ec debs rather than clogging up the thread, because most of the papers have been answered by this stage
    but no one can find them because of the stupid requests repeated ad nauseum...

*shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Free2be

I have done OL English paper 1, HL maths paper 1, HL Irish paper 1 & 2

English debs OL Paper 1:
    Comprehension on Help, paralympics and taking a gap year question B was a talk, report or list of guidelines. Essay titles were article for magazine celebrating the achievements of person you admire, short story in which character faces an immense challenge, speech to leaving cert for positive outlook on life, personal essay time you had to put someone elses needs before your own, personal essay on challenges you face in the next stage of life.

Maths examcraft HL Paper 1:
    3 similitanious equations, financial maths on compound interest and formulas, first principals sinx complex numbers polar form and demoive theorem algebra that's all i can remember sorry

Irish DEB HL paper 1 & 2:
    Debate on coras oideachas and replacing the points system, listening was hard!!! know aidiacht san uimhir uatha, modh coinniolach, ainmfhocal baininscneach sa ghinideach uatha and aimsir chait for comprehension. caca milis- question on contrast between man and woman which lead to his death, geibhinn- 3 part question on contrast between animal at start and end, feelings in the poem and life of the poet, and an triail was "drama ina gcuirtear ceisteanna crua faoi chaol na heireann ins na seascaidi e an triail" ple ar sin

that's all i have so far.. <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oooooo

America:
    factors that contributed to the economic boom in the US between 1945 and 1968 and what was its impact on society
    how did affluence impact on one or more of the following; racial conflict, urban poverty, drugs and crime
    what domestic factors underpinned US foreign policy during the period 1945-1972
    why did moon landing have a significant impact on the technological and political landscape of the US and wider world

Sovereignty and Partition:
    main contributions of both delegations to the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations between October and December 1921
    reasons for 1916 and its main political impact
    how did economic policies of CnaG and FF differ during the period 1922-1949
    Main cultural developments in Ireland N&S during the period 1912-1949

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CoolDudesJunk

Music HL DEB
    For Romeo&J The love theme came up, there was the strife theme too. Both Development to my knowledge.
    You also had to briefly name and DESCRIBE the style of the piece.

For Barry, the section is C9 - our teacher told us afterwards. The section after it is aggressive and played loudly. For Bach, this was a small enough section from the Tenor Aria (I though that was the section anyway), you had to name 3 features of the singing in the excerpt (Melismatic etc.)

For Queen it was the last few lines of the song. Take about how the guitar sounded, differences between this section and another section (I chose Oporatic, most contrasting) and other easy stuff.

After that the Irish music was pretty simple: Jig 6/8 I think. Didn't even have to write the rhythm out!
    There was some basic Sean-Nos singing which could probably be answered without the tape, and then a fusion between Irish and what I thought might have been African music??
    There was an essay on Irish Ceili bands and another essay on traditional harping.
    Know your musicians and you'll fly through this :)

The unseen part was a choir singing, with an orchestra behind them. The orchestra sounded like Tchicovsky and Disney made musical babies, and the choir sounded like Bach (M and F singers).
    We asked to fill in time sigs (6/8 and 2/4.. I think, can't quite remember. Don't get caught out with the first one though; it's an upbeat).
    Then you were asked to compare this to a studied work - choose Bach.

For the Meoldy (Q1): It was upbeat, major and in the key of Ebmaj I think. Watch your 7th note and you'll be grand.

The Harmoney (Q5): Easy! There are lots of points to put in cadences, according to our teacher using lots of cadences would certainly help. It was in the key of Abmaj.
    Make sure that the bass notes line up correctly and you'll be grand :)

If anybody fails this exam, they don't deserve to be let outside. It's beyond easy!
    Hope it goes well for everybody, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OddSocks17

Hey i did HL french and irish so here ya go
    all examcraft

HL french Examcraft:
    comprehension 1 on some poor french town
    comprehension 2 on the hunger games
    and these are the questions i did
    reaction Q on education is important to have a successful future
    journal intime is an angry reaction to parents who are too clingy and you need more freedom type thing
    theres is a poster design on the dangers of drugs that you have to comment on

HL irish Examcraft p2:
    tir na nog question on traits of bealoidis stories
    mo ghra-sa Q on poet, importance of brackets, why its a modern poem
    fill aris was the second poem in the extra section with Q on the feelings it awakens in you, translate a few lines

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oooooo

Political and Social reform:
    Main issues and outcomes which surrounded the elections of 1885 and 1886
    How did the process of land reform develop in Ireland and what were its primary outcomes
    Why was there conflict between employers and workers in Dublin in 1913 and what was the course of their dispute
    Contribution on Douglas Hyde and/or W.B. Yeats to cultural nationalism in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

0mega wrote: »
    Thanks a million, document q?

History DEB HL:
    France

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

oooooo wrote: »
    Political and Social reform:
    Main issues and outcomes which surrounded the elections of 1885 and 1886
    How did the process of land reform develop in Ireland and what were its primary outcomes
    Why was there conflict between employers and workers in Dublin in 1913 and what was the course of their dispute
    Contribution on Douglas Hyde and/or W.B. Yeats to cultural nationalism in Ireland

Are these definitely DEB? Because someone posted similar-ish titles for S&P a while back and said that they were Examcraft. So either the papers are nearly identical or there's been a bit of confusion. :p

mariebob20 wrote: »
    Hey, what essay titles came up do you know? On paper 1 :)

Um ....subject?
    company?
    level?

mariebob20 wrote: »
    Um.. I had replied to a girl I was speaking to about Irish OL and examcraft.. Therefore there was no need for repeating myself as we were mid discussion

But that post was WAY back - do you know how boards works?

If you want a private conversation with someone, use the PMs, don't post on the main thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Free2be

AoifeAoife wrote: »
    Do you know what the Irish Essay was, please?

Irish DEB HL:
    The essays were
    special Olympics and society today
    can't really remember what else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EllieM95

Biology DEB:
    Q15. Immunity and the Skelton were A and C, there was a question on immobilising yeast and you have to draw a yeast cell, there a question on the structures of flowering plants, a question on the brain, question on the blood, question on food and only the test for a reducing sugar a small bit on that, a question on plants and the way it absorbs nutrients and water and all that
    that's all I can remember right now if I remember anything else ill post it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 babsfox

SBW010 wrote: »
    Accounting HL examcraft anyone ?

Accounting Examcraft HL:
    think Tab, suspense, production Budget, Interpretation and club are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

fordey17 wrote: »
    is that not examcraft?

Biology Examcraft HL:

That's DEB. I sat Examcraft (HL) and
    Blood, Structure of flowering plant and the Brain
    were not on my paper. :)

Biology Examcraft HL:

A few people messaged me about HL Biology (EXAMCRAFT), so here is what I remember being on the paper.
    Short Questions - Q1 was mostly on Lipids. Q2, I don't really remember. You had to name a cell organelle and stuff, skipped it! Another question was about Homeostasis and be able to say why Homestasis is important to animals. Q4. Was a diagram of a Synovial Joint, you had to give an example of one and its location in the body and be able to label where the Cartilage is. Q5 was on Plant Growth Regulators, give an example of an Auxin e.g IAA. and name a Synthetic (Man-Made) one and say where Auxins are made. Oh and there was a question or part of a question about Diffusion and define what is a passive process is.

Long Questions For the Ecology question, Part (A) be able to define Parasitism, Symbiosis. Part (B) You have to name a habitat you studied, name an organism in that habitat and be able to define Niche, Habitat, Abiotic Factors and draw a Food Chain! Part (C) be able to definr Nitrifcation and Denitrification. What is a product of Nitrogen Fixation. You need to know about the Nitrogen Cycle AND The Carbon Cycle - they asked about something to do with Carbon Dioxide and Combustion.

For the Plant Reproduction question, Part (A) was about Vegetative Propogation. Name two methods of Artifical Propogation. Part (B) You have to be define Fertilisation and Pollination, and what is the difference between Self-Pollination and Cross-Pollination. You need to talk about how the Megaspore Mother Cell forms. Part (C) was about the Seed and advantages of Dormancy. Name the hard protective coat of a Seed, and know which of the Radicle/Plumule forms the root+shoot.

Respiration was about the 1st Stage and Talk about the Electron Transfer thing and how it works. This question was kind of specific so know Respiration well!

The Eye came up in one of the choice Long Q's. You were given the diagram and had to label the Cornea and something else. You have to say what a Blind-Spot is, and give the function of the Choroid in the eye. Explain how an eye maintains its shape.

Another choice Q was on the Transpiration. Define Transpiration, know how Water is absorbed into the roots. Draw a TS of a root and label Phloem and Xylem. Explain what is meant by Root Pressure and explain how Water moves up the root/tree without breaking - Cohesion, I think. Know the functions of Companion Cells and Sieve, too.

Another was on the Myelin Sheath and where it is produced. Also you have to name a disorder in the Nervous system and name a treatment and cause for the disorder.

Experiments were on the Alcohol + Yeast experiment, the Light Intensity experiment (Photosynthesis), the Leaf Agar experiment and Enzymes.

That's all I remember.. hope it helps! x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aliciaaddams

the formal letter was something along the line of booking a hotel for you and some friends when you come to France and as the manager if there is a swimming pool in the hotel. Thats all I remember sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerriann95

Does anyone have the list of artist that came up for HL art history Debs papers? please.

Art History DEB HL:

I'm looking for this too and so far all I've been told is
    newgrange Bronze Age , and Masaccio :/

CiiaRawr. wrote: »
    really really hate to ask this but does anyone have hints on the religion paper please?
    Jesus.

Aha, taking a guess! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

CiiaRawr. wrote: »
    really really hate to ask this but does anyone have hints on the religion paper please?

Religion:

This has already been posted:
    Section A: Socrates and symbol OR divine revelation and the transcendent in 2 major world religions.

Section B: Implications of Kingdom of God characteristics on Christians AND either achievements + difficulties in search for Christian unity OR 2 rites of worship that remember Jesus.

Section C: Authority in 2 major religions AND role of religious belief in 2 conflict situations.

Section F: One commentator on relationship between religion and environment AND the causes and structural factors contributing to 2 of world hunger/povery in Ireland/discrimination in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

There are alot of great spoilers here so far thanks to everyone who has contributed! and to spurious and QueenOfLeon for sorting out the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement